Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    umaguma1979's Avatar
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    628

    Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    I think Childress comes out passing down the field against the poor Packers secondary.
    I'd really like to see the Vikes go right at Troy on the first play.
    I think the short passing game and power running game have enabled teams have been crowding the line of crimage the last several games and as a result our drives keep stalling.
    No opponent is currently respecting the Vikings long passing game.
    Opening up the offensive will open up the underneath routes and running game.
    If the Vikings can get ahead early, the defensive can plan downhill and hopefully force Farve into a couple of interceptions.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    919

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    i wonder if they will try to throw short passes to t-will and then he can use his speed to get more yards after the catch. i think that would work. i would try a few long passes, but if they arent working there is no use in wasting time.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

  3. #3
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    Run, Run, Pass, Run, Run, Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Run, Run, Run

    With other words.. Run as much as you can to make it easier for Brad Johnson to pass the ball..

    Aslong as we get good blocking from the offensive line, i think thats the key to the win and to this team..

    For the D!
    Take some shots at Favre.. Bring the 4 up front and atleast 1 linebacker on all blitzez!!
    Pick him off..

    Score touchdowns on both sides!!


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #4
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    I think Childress comes out passing down the field against the poor Packers secondary.
    I'd really like to see the Vikes go right at Troy on the first play.
    I think the short passing game and power running game have enabled teams have been crowding the line of crimage the last several games and as a result our drives keep stalling.
    No opponent is currently respecting the Vikings long passing game.
    Opening up the offensive will open up the underneath routes and running game.
    If the Vikings can get ahead early, the defensive can plan downhill and hopefully force Farve into a couple of interceptions.
    That is what we tried doing against the Bills and it didn't work at all. No one respects the Vikings long passing game because our offense is not capable of producing big plays in the air consistently. We cannot rely on a long passing game to open up underneath routes, the only results we would get from doing that would be constant 3-and-outs and a tired defense.

    What we should do is stick to our strengths and execute. When the line and RBs are on top of our game, nobody can stop them. Brad cannot go deep but he is accurate, so stick with the short passes. Run on 3rd and 4 or less. The way this team wins is by controlling the clock, keeping the defense rested, and winning the turnover battle. Our strengths and weaknesses are obvious, so the key will be execution.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #5
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    I think Chilldres were mixing it up pretty good in the 2nd half against the 49ers, we just didn't execute.

    So if we continue like that tomorrow - just without the dropped balls, penalties and turnovers - I'll be pretty content with it.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #6
    Eyedea's Avatar
    Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    430

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    Offense: run right at KGB.
    While he is a good speed pass rusher, he really struggles against the run.
    Last year we did it a ton in the second half with MeMo and it worked well.
    This year with Hutch and Taylor it should work great.
    I expect us to run the ball but take a fair number of shots down field.
    I don't trust the Packer's safteys so there could be some big plays out there.


    Defense: The Williams should have a field day.
    With the Packers starting two rookie gaurds, I expect them to have a huge game.
    I think Tomlin will come some inside blitzes (that he has been doing most of the year) to get some early hits on Farve.
    We cannot allow Farve to get in rythem early because it could turn into a Patriot-like game.
    The loss of Smoot and Harris will hurt, but I still expect the Vikings to stop the run and force a few turnovers in allowing under 20 pts.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

  7. #7
    Ultrapurple's Avatar
    Ultrapurple is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Conroe, Tx
    Posts
    102

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    I agree, pound it down their throats!!!
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

  8. #8
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    i wonder if they will try to throw short passes to t-will and then he can use his speed to get more yards after the catch. i think that would work. i would try a few long passes, but if they arent working there is no use in wasting time.
    Until T-Will learns how to hang onto the ball, no defense is going to respect our long threat, thus the short passes.
    As you've noticed, the D's have caught onto our short passing game and neutralized it...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  9. #9
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    Offense: run right at KGB.
    While he is a good speed pass rusher, he really struggles against the run.
    Last year we did it a ton in the second half with MeMo and it worked well.
    This year with Hutch and Taylor it should work great.
    I expect us to run the ball but take a fair number of shots down field.
    I don't trust the Packer's safteys so there could be some big plays out there.


    Defense: The Williams should have a field day.
    With the Packers starting two rookie gaurds, I expect them to have a huge game.
    I think Tomlin will come some inside blitzes (that he has been doing most of the year) to get some early hits on Farve.
    We cannot allow Farve to get in rythem early because it could turn into a Patriot-like game.
    The loss of Smoot and Harris will hurt, but I still expect the Vikings to stop the run and force a few turnovers in allowing under 20 pts.
    It will be interesting to see what type of "special" blocking schemes the cheesediks do against our interior tandem on D...
    Hopefully not those cheap shot chop blocks...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    919

    Re: Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game

    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    i wonder if they will try to throw short passes to t-will and then he can use his speed to get more yards after the catch. i think that would work. i would try a few long passes, but if they arent working there is no use in wasting time.
    Until T-Will learns how to hang onto the ball, no defense is going to respect our long threat, thus the short passes.
    As you've noticed, the D's have caught onto our short passing game and neutralized it...
    yea but this is the PACKERS we are talking about here...(whispering) they arent as smart as most teams... lol
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Game Plan
    By cogitans in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 07:29 AM
  2. Jets game plan
    By DaVizzles in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
  3. Packer/Viking game - thoughts
    By Minnesota Moving Co. in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 04:16 PM
  4. Game Plan for the Game this week. Whats yours?
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 04:25 AM
  5. Atlanta game plan
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 11:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •