Top_Speed is offline Starter

Offense this year is as bad as our Defense was in past

We need alot of work on Offense. Not sure it is even bringing in talent as much as execution within. Watching the game live against the billies really brought to my attention on how this years O looks as bad as a couple of years ago D.

We flip-flopped is all!

It is play calling as some will grip?... maybe but I think it's everything from route running, blocking, mental mistakes and just pure postition execution.

I was watching our receivers run their routes in detail yesterday. It was pizz poor to say the least. Now Buffy may have a pretty good D, but to so-call "blanket" our receivers like we were trotting out there was pathetic.
    Home Sweet Dome...

Prophet Guest

Re: Offense this year is as bad as our Defense was in past

The pendulum has swung in the other direction.
    Personally, I will take a better defense over a better offense any day of the week.
    Hopefully the offense wakes up soon and becomes servicable.

Del Rio Guest

Defense needs some work too.

IN the end I think it's growing pains. The coaching needs work. The coaching staff needs to grow and learn and I am sure they are.

Json is offline GM

The offense is sorry.
    As I watched the game all I could think to myself is how horrible the offense really is.
    T. Williamson has got to go to catching classes or something.
    This guy can't catch half the throws.
    It's very sad and if he don't get his game together he needs to go to the bench.
    I want to like the guy but come on, week in and week out he continues to drop catches.

For the record that pass in the late 4th quarter to Marcus Robinson to win the game was all Brad's fault.
    He overthrew Robinson by about 3 or 4 feet.
    If Brad throws that ball where it needed to be thrown Robinson is in the endzone doing a dance for the win.
    Oh well, but after calling out T. Will for all his drops I figured I better cover that play because I'm sure somebody will start crying about that drop.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I read somewhere that the offense looks like they're trying not to lose, instead of trying to win. I think that is right on. We aren't aggressive with offense until fourth quarter comeback drives when we're playing for the win.... That tempo is what we need through the ENTIRE game.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Del Rio Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    I read somewhere that the offense looks like they're trying not to lose, instead of trying to win. I think that is right on. We aren't aggressive with offense until fourth quarter comeback drives when we're playing for the win.... That tempo is what we need through the ENTIRE game.
    I agree completley. The offense gets the first drive in scoring possesion EVERY game! Probably scripted. Then when the game is on the line we take what we want and move the chains. It's all on coaching at this point. Call an aggressive game, knock someone down, get the blood pumping. Go balls out all game. We are a quarter of the way done this season. No time for defensive offense, it's time for offensive offense. I blame the coaching staff, and I understand they are new, and they are learning and I accept that. They get 3 years in my book, but I want to see some aggression on offense and that starts with coaching.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    ... it's time for offensive offense...
    I think we have an offensive offense.
    We need a productive offense.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    ... it's time for offensive offense...
    I think we have an offensive offense.
    We need a productive offense.
    Good call. It is time for an offense that takes the initiative. Jerk.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

While Minnesota's defense has been steady, the offense continues to struggle. The unit had three turnovers, including two interceptions by QB Brad Johnson, who finished 25 of 44 for 267 yards. "The self-inflicted wounds are tough," Vikings coach Brad Childress said. "That's my responsibility. And I have to get that corrected." Johnson also threw a 29-yard touchdown pass to WR Marcus Robinson with three minutes left that cut Buffalo's lead to 17-12. Robinson's score was the first produced by Minnesota's sputtering offense in 13-plus quarters. Johnson almost led the Vikings (2-2) to another come-from-behind victory when he marched Minnesota 67 yards in the final 1:39. But that drive ended when the clock ran out on the Vikings, who were out of time outs.
    Is he referring to the offensive play caling or the whole team.

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:

While Minnesota's defense has been steady, the offense continues to struggle. The unit had three turnovers, including two interceptions by QB Brad Johnson, who finished 25 of 44 for 267 yards. "The self-inflicted wounds are tough," Vikings coach Brad Childress said. "That's my responsibility. And I have to get that corrected." Johnson also threw a 29-yard touchdown pass to WR Marcus Robinson with three minutes left that cut Buffalo's lead to 17-12. Robinson's score was the first produced by Minnesota's sputtering offense in 13-plus quarters. Johnson almost led the Vikings (2-2) to another come-from-behind victory when he marched Minnesota 67 yards in the final 1:39. But that drive ended when the clock ran out on the Vikings, who were out of time outs.
    Is he referring to the offensive play caling or the whole team.
    I hope he means both. I think we lack that aggressive nature we need. Maybe that has to do with the newness of the systems.Most people are timid or cautious when doing new things. When you get comfortable with the system then you can apply the emotion.

There is a problem though. We have given up the second most penalty yards in the entire NFL on defense. 273 yards to be exact.