Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikez06 is offline Starter

offense line!!! man whats up

our offenseive line needs to step it up... if cullpepper wasnt big and fast we woulda had like 8 sacks.. poor job today by our O line

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: offense line!!! man whats up

"vikez06" wrote:
    our offenseive line needs to step it up... if cullpepper wasnt big and fast we woulda had like 8 sacks.. poor job today by our O line

It wasn't really the offensive line most of the time though. They just blitzed so damn much and we couldn't adjust to it. They would send more guys than we had in to block, and daunte just didn't get rid of the ball. Look at all the times where they didn't blitz and daunte stood back there for like 10 seconds trying to find somwhere to throw the ball.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

i don't think it's our o-line .how many qb's have you seen stand in the pocket for 12 to 15 seconds and have nobody open to throw to? our wideouts aren't getting open....
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

They were all in our WR's asses. They have one hell of a secondary. They can afford to play man coverage and send the farm against us!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think its the routes, there TO vertical, theres nothing in the middle and the dump offs were limited. They did not adjust, which is very disapointing. As much as they blitzed we should have kept throwing the screens.

We've had some problems with the O-line all season. Never mind the injuries to Kleinsasser and Rosenthal early, or Birk’s groin problems and surgery and the many false starts and holding calls on everyone especially Haayer early and Goldberg...sheesh if Culpepper wasn't such a good big and mobile QB we would have a much worse record than we have.

Our D is our D but we need more from our offense. We need to score early and often. That has been our problem lately. We scored easily against the Packers for a few drives last week but it sputtered late. Our D has done a better job than most expected over the last few weeks. Our offense is what is failing to reach its potential and that can partly be blamed on the O-line.
    Even babies know the difference.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

ITS JUST INCONSISTENCY

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

The problem must be (i hate to say it), daunte. He has had one hell of a season, but its weird...sometimes he will have all the time in the world and he will have to scramble around and find a dump off guy or throw it away. Yeah, it was our o-lines fault for penalties and not being able to pick up the blitz(which you think would have been remedied after being killed with it the past few weeks). Yeah, the skins have the best D in the NFL. But they had a corner starting that had just come off the practice squad(the Wilds guy or whatever from VA Tech.) I know with our recievers we should be able to get open in 10 sec without a problem. especially if we have 4 recievers out there. I know the skins' D is good, but is it really true that with 10 seconds to throw the ball you can't find ONE guy open? I think not. Are a sick Shawn Springs and rook Sean Taylor really better than Randy Moss and Nate Burleson? I think not.

The only answer would be daunte. yeah he makes a ton of plays and keeps a lot of drives going. but he kills a lot of em too. This may not be his fault. The coaches may have gotten him too conservative. He is not throwing the ball deep nearly as often as he used to. That cuts down on interceptions but also takes a big whack on big plays (something this offense has been lacking a little of, I think)

But we're in the playoffs. Hope we turn it around quick. Gotta have this next game.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am trying not to be too negative but the QB coach needs to get the timing in DCs head to say 1-2-3-4 throw or run.

Granted today was an onslaught of blitzes and all but DC needs to get the ball out or get out of the pocket some of the sacks are his fault. I did say some.

The line has been less than stellar as a whole this year.

Noticed today that when the Skins dropped back into pass coverage that DC had time to throw but there was great pass coverage down field.

majorvikesfan is offline Waterboy

Ya the Oline didn't play that well today, your absolutely right. However, there were alot of plays where Daunte had all day to throw and didn't. You can't tell me somebody is not open with all that time. I think they got him in the mindset where he is afraid to take a chance anymore. He is afraid of throwing an interception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast