Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    oakmage's Avatar
    oakmage is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    193

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    If I started up a new franchises they would be called the no-names.
    A bunch of serviceable players that have a winning attitude and a strong work ethic and function as a team.
    I get queasy thinking about a star player taking the glory in a team sport, a star is fine, as long as they give credit where credit is due, a rare case.

    Bring on the 'no-names'.
    Time to play some ball.
    And don't put their names on the backs of their jerseys. That way when you buy a players jersey, it will still be wearable after that player leaves & another one takes his number.
    I agree with both knowing the second was a joke but still I like the concept of no names on the jersey,
    I mean I bought one last year and now he does not play with the team it is hard now for me to wear the jersey, maybe for some you it is Okay for you to do that but not for me.
    And now I am not going to get rid of the jersey, it is just the next jersey I get will have my name on the back or be of the greatest Viking ever that right #10 Sir Frances Tarkenton

  2. #32
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    Of course our offense is better without a stud receiver.

    It's not as if the last two Super Bowl MVP's were stud receivers.

    Or that it took Terrell Owens to get the Eagles to the Super Bowl AND keep the game close.

    Don't forget about Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad.

    And Keenan McCardell and Keyshawn Johnson, and Tim Brown and Jerry Rice.

    Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt and Rod Smith.

    ............oh. Oh wait a minute.

    Darn.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  3. #33
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    "gregair13" wrote:
    only thing difference from that eagles offensive is:
    mcnabb > BJ
    westbrook > taylor

    and i think we need to use our TEs a little more than the eagles did as well as run a little more. about 55-45 pass-run ratio.
    McNabb - 0-1 in Super Bowls
    Johnson - 1-0 in Super Bowls

    Westbrook - Constantly injured
    Taylor - We don't know because he hasn't had the opportunity until this year

    Just to provide a bit of a reality check.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #34
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    If I started up a new franchises they would be called the no-names.
    A bunch of serviceable players that have a winning attitude and a strong work ethic and function as a team.
    I get queasy thinking about a star player taking the glory in a team sport, a star is fine, as long as they give credit where credit is due, a rare case.
    *cough* Tom Brady *cough*

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #35
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    i think we just need to find that redzone guy who is going to come down with the ball all the time and that WR who the QB can always look too on 3 and 5s on slants across the middle.
    We're bringing purple back.

  6. #36
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    "gregair13" wrote:
    i think we just need to find that redzone guy who is going to come down with the ball all the time and that WR who the QB can always look too on 3 and 5s on slants across the middle.
    Redzone guy:
    Marcus Robinson

    Slant guy:
    Travis Taylor

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #37
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    Better?
    No

    Workable? Yes

  8. #38
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    You guys crack me up.

    Especially Randy's list of big name WR's.

    Where did big name WR's come from? Were they born from a football when it rained gatoraide on them? Seriously use your noggin.

    People make names for themselves. Your actions on the field make your name. What is a WR core made of no names? It is a core of athletically talented people who have an opportunity to make a name for themselve.

    I guarantee someone will stand out this season. Someone will take the opportunity and run with it. His jersey sales will go through the roof and he will have posts made about him that he is a great. No one will remember he was a nobody, he will have magically been birthed out of obscurity in some far off dimention where random statistics and Topps trading cards float around and form all-stars when they collide with force.

    Yes we will be fine.

  9. #39
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    "Del" wrote:
    You guys crack me up.

    Especially Randy's list of big name WR's.

    Where did big name WR's come from? Were they born from a football when it rained gatoraide on them? Seriously use your noggin.

    People make names for themselves. Your actions on the field make your name. What is a WR core made of no names? It is a core of athletically talented people who have an opportunity to make a name for themselve.

    I guarantee someone will stand out this season. Someone will take the opportunity and run with it. His jersey sales will go through the roof and he will have posts made about him that he is a great. No one will remember he was a nobody, he will have magically been birthed out of obscurity in some far off dimention where random statistics and Topps trading cards float around and form all-stars when they collide with force.

    Yes we will be fine.
    I think I use to live in, or at least visit, that universe.
    It was fun.

    "Travis Taylor, he's our man, if he can't do it nobody can.
    Travis, Travis, Gooooooo Travis!" I can already hear the man-love chants for this guy and see the drool running down the front of the newly purchased jerseys deeming him the new-found unsung hero.

    Someone needs to record the 'brightest' statements made on PP.O.
    We could have a vote-off thread next offseason and see who the first inductee(s) into the 'Myopic Hall of Fame' are.
    There are some first-balloters hanging around the premises, but most of us have a chance for nomination.
    Equal opportunity for all.

  10. #40
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

    we have so many offensive weapons this year that brad can throw to, whether it be a slant or across the middle, we have wr's, te's and rb' who can catch and run with the ball after the catch, and we also have, once again i will say, one the smartest and most accurate passers in brad...he will have a great year barring any injuries
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Maybe a stud TE?
    By Purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 01:21 PM
  2. Look at This 5-STAR STUD MLB in the Draft . . .
    By sleepagent in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 07:57 AM
  3. Pack signs STUD LB and STUD K...NOT!!!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 04:17 PM
  4. Hey,our new punter is a stud!!
    By Paulbedy59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
  5. Vikings sign STUD rb...
    By Phlegm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 10:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •