Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Offense better with no stud WR?

Yea and if you remember they ALWAYS got bounced out of the NFC Championship game because they had no one who could catch the ball.

So I don't agree at all. We need at least one good receiver which we might have in TWill. KRob and TWill would have been huge. Damn you KRob damn you.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

I am Very happy with the offense we have now, its not flashy but it gets it done we played 3 very good defenses this preseason pittsburg ravens and dallas and we scored on them all and we beat them all granted that its only preaseason if the offense doesnt turn the ball over (wich it doesnt do thanks to bj) and our defense continues to make takaways we will win a lot of games!So far this preaseason we lead the league with a plus 10 turnover ration and last year 8 of the top ten teams in turnover margin went to the playoffs and the exception was kansas city and they were 10-6!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Two seasons removed and can you say Moss Thread (cough, cough)!

JK

Attitude = Business Minded

The great players that benefit a team are the ones that approach it like they are not great.
    They show up everyday with the same attitude, "I want to win and make my team better," and "everyone knows I want the ball and that is a given."

From what I have read on here about preseason, is that we haven't shown our hand.

To me if you are in top form, your guys get holes and get some yards and then you sit them out.
    It sounds like we have been unproductive (except for the Passing Game).
    That worries me!
    I don't think that a stud WR would change this in preseason.

Oh well, it doesn't matter much talking about preseason, just wish they would have instilled more confidence in all of you that would have spilled over to me (not having seen any games).

Like it has been said in some previous posts in this thread.
    Teams don't need a superstar Stud WR to win.
    Hines Ward is not.
    Branch is not.
    These are just guys that have made a name doing what they do, playing for winning teams.
    There are plenty of WRs on bad teams that could be a Ward or a Branch.

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

This is the kind of offense that could produce some big name (stud) receivers.
    Also, I think that the running game was overtly vanilla.
    We are much better than was shown.
    Taylor gained positive yardage on nearly every play that I was able to watch.
    Once they start spicing up the blocking schemes, etc. I believe everyone will be impressed.
    I will admit, however, I am also a "rose-colored, half full homer" and proud of it.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

we have so many weapons on offrnse rightnow that can catch the ball that we will spread the defense out, we really dont need a stud player, we have two recievers now in will and pink that will be good deeo threats and have the speed to break loose and the rest may not have the speed, they can get open whether it be the middle or back field, the main thing is that we have one thing, we have a very good quarterback who is excellant at reading defenses and doesnt jsut key on one player to throw too..he is one of the smartest quaterbacks in the league and one of the most consistance....so whether be 5 yerd throws or 40 yard throws...he will move the chains for us.....
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    we have so many weapons on offrnse rightnow that can catch the ball that we will spread the defense out, we really dont need a stud player, we have two recievers now in will and pink that will be good deeo threats and have the speed to break loose and the rest may not have the speed, they can get open whether it be the middle or back field, the main thing is that we have one thing, we have a very good quarterback who is excellant at reading defenses and doesnt jsut key on one player to throw too..he is one of the smartest quaterbacks in the league and one of the most consistance....so whether be 5 yerd throws or 40 yard throws...he will move the chains for us.....
    exactly, couldnt have said it better myself, i think we'll do just fine for a seasons to come and people will make themselves into something on this team

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:

NO Super Bowls though...so screw the stud WR thing and give me a STUD RB and a STUD DEFENSE...that is what wins Super Bowls!!!
    We had a stud RM (Smith) and yet no Superbowls. I shake my head when people talk about a player we had and say "Well with him we never won a Superbowl."

Pick a player, any Vikings player to ever don a Vikings uniform. Pick 20 of them. We never won a Superbowl with any of them either.

It's a team sport guys & it takes a good team, both on offense & defense to win a Superbowl, along with good coaching from the HC & both coordinators.

A stud player(s) only helps you make that goal. You still need the rest of the team to step up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

If I started up a new franchises they would be called the no-names.
    A bunch of serviceable players that have a winning attitude and a strong work ethic and function as a team.
    I get queasy thinking about a star player taking the glory in a team sport, a star is fine, as long as they give credit where credit is due, a rare case.

Bring on the 'no-names'.
    Time to play some ball.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    If I started up a new franchises they would be called the no-names.
    A bunch of serviceable players that have a winning attitude and a strong work ethic and function as a team.
    I get queasy thinking about a star player taking the glory in a team sport, a star is fine, as long as they give credit where credit is due, a rare case.

Bring on the 'no-names'.
    Time to play some ball.
    And don't put their names on the backs of their jerseys. That way when you buy a players jersey, it will still be wearable after that player leaves & another one takes his number.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

unless that jersey is "He Hate Me"

thats one i want..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast