Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Off Season Trade Idea...........

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    Past the trade deadline.
    Moot point.
    I seriouls think you should reread the title of my post....in ase you missed it (which I am sure you did) you will notice I said.."OFF SEASON TRADE IDEA"....so I am not sure what you mean by moot point ??....are you unable to fully grasp what I meant by "OFF SEASON" ??
    Ok.
    I have something for you.
    In order to offer a trade the other party has to have the perception that what they are trading for is better or at least equal to what they are getting.
    Basic rule of trading.
    If you would offer that trade proposal as an agent it wouldn't be long before you were looking for a new career.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Gift is offline Coordinator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    and then the Vikings would have themselves a bonafied #1 WR,plus the Vikings could rid themselves of the single worst draft pick in the history of the Minnesota Vikings.
    Even worse that DJ Dozier or that guy (Demetrious Underwood?)Denny Green drafted in the first round that left the team after a few days and went awol? I am not impressed with him but certainly in our history we have had worse picks. ;D
    No one will ever beat Underwood as the worst number 1 pick in Vikes history, didnt he stab himself in the neck?
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

ec179299 is offline Rookie

Im sure the Colts will give up Reggie Wayne for that garbage. :

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Or we can trade for a receiver much better than both of these guys who is unhappy with his current situation and not trying to improve his standing on the squad and with the coaches.

We honestly have a better shot at getting Moss back than either of these guys, especially with what you're offering.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    Here is a brilliant idea for upgrading the WR position...make a offer to eith the Colts for Reggie Wayne or to the Bengals for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    Propose to either of these teams a 2nd round pick,a 6th round pick and Troy Williamson.
    I can guarantee that one of these teams will jump at the idea,and then the Vikings would have themselves a bonafied #1 WR,plus the Vikings could rid themselves of the single worst draft pick in the history of the Minnesota Vikings.
    Both of those WRs are #2 guys made better by having an elite receiver playing alongside them.
    There's no evidence that they could be the #1 guy w/out that support.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

651Vikes is offline Training Camp

Or we can keep taking FA recievers from the Ravens.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Lets trade Tarvaris Jackson and Cook for Moss
    :-X
    and then trade Greenway for Culpepper.
    ;D one bad knee for another.

None of our 2nd round picks are seeing a lot of time on the field unlike some rookies in the NFL. they say 1st and 2nd round picks should be contributing that year, key word "should" but still, we are getting 1 or 2 plays a game or sometimes nothing out of our 2nd round picks. are they not good enough? or is childress affraid of putting the rookie out there? i believe itts the latter, he thought it was neccesary to pick up ex-eagles instead of trying a rookie out there, Carter keeps going back and forth from the roster to the practice squad, if none of our WRs can catch why not try him out in a real game, players repond differently from practice to a real game. might as well experiment if we cant get more than 3 points out of our Offense.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    Here is a brilliant idea for upgrading the WR position...make a offer to eith the Colts for Reggie Wayne or to the Bengals for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    Propose to either of these teams a 2nd round pick,a 6th round pick and Troy Williamson.
    I can guarantee that one of these teams will jump at the idea,and then the Vikings would have themselves a bonafied #1 WR,plus the Vikings could rid themselves of the single worst draft pick in the history of the Minnesota Vikings.
    That is the stupidest thing ive ever read!Wayne and tj both signed contract extension and they are both considerably better than twill.Plus those guys are both #2 recievers wich doesnt mean that they will be great #1 recievers. Remember what happen to pierless price after his 1 great season?

jsa803 is offline Rookie

I would trade up for Calvin Johnson he is going to be a special reciever
    Losers find excuses, Winners find a way!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

True dat.....if the Colts were dangling Wayne out there, they would have kept Edge. They had to choose between the 2 on who to keep. Edge lost, Wayne is a Colt for a long time, unless he wants out. And at 8-0, I don't see that happening. We could have grabbed Branch, Stallworth, Northcut....ect. But we didn't. Life goes on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast