Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Off Line Actually Not Terrible At Allowing Pressur

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098920
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1098768
    You are right i_b_p, middle of the pack isn't worth a crap.
    I do believe, however, that everyone will perform better with the new staff and scheme. Doesn't mean we will win more, as we are likely to lose a lot of talent to FA, but the players we still have may look better.
    The question then begs, .......Are they crap now?

I still say that the OL, with all its starters in there, are better than most of you think. I use 2009 as proof. I then contend (take it one step further) and say that if we were ranked middle of the league in 2010 with backups in the middle for a good share of the season, we have some nice depth.
    Apparently we DON'T. When "nice depth" equate with "16th"?

Nice depth would keep us in the hunt. Nice depth would be guys who could start on quality teams.

We most certainly do NOT have that.

Further, I'm not so certain that our Line woes will diminish this season. Where have we gotten better? Do you think that McKinnie and his clone Loadholt have been busting ass this offseason? I don't.

I think we're in the same O-Line pickle we've been in for the past 5-6 years.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098881
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098853
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098785
    You know, I had forgotten all about that, but you're right. Marrdro was telling us all how deep our team was and how we were "drafting for depth"...

Shallow as a shower....

Caine
    Same question to you my friend. :P
    How many starters played like starters?

And that beer bet is already won...Jackson won't even see the field this year.

Caine
    Your better at dodging questions than I am especially when your point, that tried to prove me wrong, failed........ :P

By the way, I believe this team won't have many openings for a rookie to step into either.

My quess....

QB Yup(Obvious)
    RB Nope
    FB Nope (Drafted Tahi's replacement last year)
    WR Nope (they will either resign Rice or bring in a vet, maybe one from Canada)
    TE Nope (Our Rook will see lots of reps though)
    OL Nope (Maybe C, but I don't see that happening, not with a Rook QB)
    DE Nope (Griff will step in for Ray)
    DL Nope (Guion will step in for Phat Pat)
    LB Nope (I eventually grew to like the Homan pick but he is a project. I think Jasper gets a shot if they don't resign Erin)
    CB Nope (Griff/Cook/Allen/Whinny - Tough group of 4 competing for 2 starters spots)
    S Nope (I know you guys don't like him. I believe can be upgraded, but not by Burton or Raymond)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098922
    I do believe, however, that everyone will perform better with the new staff and scheme. Doesn't mean we will win more, as we are likely to lose a lot of talent to FA, but the players we still have may look better.

I still say that the OL, with all its starters in there, are better than most of you think. I use 2009 as proof. I then contend (take it one step further) and say that if we were ranked middle of the league in 2010 with backups in the middle for a good share of the season, we have some nice depth.

Nice depth would keep us in the hunt. Nice depth would be guys who could start on quality teams.

Further, I'm not so certain that our Line woes will diminish this season. Where have we gotten better? Do you think that McKinnie and his clone Loadholt have been busting ass this offseason? I don't.

Caine
    It wasn't our OL that got us in the pickle my friend. They had a hand in it but I would say the following had a bigger hand......

a. Inept QB play.
    b. No WR's.
    c. DL that was non existant for the first 2/3'rds of the year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098926
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098922

Caine
    It wasn't our OL that got us in the pickle my friend. They had a hand in it but I would say the following had a bigger hand......

a. Inept QB play. <-- O-Line contributed to this.
    b. No WR's. I thought they could carry a QB????
    c. DL that was non existant for the first 2/3'rds of the year. <--- Sort of doesn't make sense. D-line couldn't get off the field. O-Line had plenty of rest, then Offense would 3-n-out. Seems to me that the O-line hurt teh D-line far more than the other way around.
    See my RED comments in your post.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098924
    By the way, I believe this team won't have many openings for a rookie to step into either.

My quess....

QB Yup(Obvious)
    RB Nope
    WR Nope (they will either resign Rice or bring in a vet, maybe one from Canada)
    TE Nope (Our Rook will see lots of reps though)
    OL Nope (Maybe C, but I don't see that happening, not with a Rook QB)
    DE Nope (Griff will step in for Ray)
    LB Nope (I eventually grew to like the Homan pick but he is a project. I think Jasper gets a shot if they don't resign Erin)
    CB Nope (Griff/Cook/Allen/Whinny - Tough group of 4 competing for 2 starters spots)
    S Nope (I know you guys don't like him. I believe can be upgraded, but not by Burton or Raymond)
    Really?!

QB Yup(Obvious)
    RB Nope
    WR Ah, so the Canada kid... first year in the league, that would make him what now? And aren't you the one always going on about depth and how we don't have a true #1, but role players at WR? We've got Harvin, Berrian and hopefully Rice. Plenty of room for a Rook to make a splash.
    TE Rudolph will get a LOT of playing time. Think Greg Olsen/Desmond Clark his rookie year. Nice one-two punch at TE
    OL Yup If someone's still hurt/underperforming, it's not out of the question to see a Rook come in.
    DE whathisface will play on the line, rotating in and out.
    LB Nope So our SLB will be who? Ben gone, Brinkley is a MLB, Erin hasn't shown anything yet that makes a case for him starting. Gonna be some competition here in TC
    CB Winfield: Been hurt on and off. Griffin, coming off not one, but TWO torn ACL's, Cook: Played 3? games last year, Allen: Sucks, Sheppard: Gone.

Pleanty of room here.
    S I'd be inclined to agree here. I think if Tyrell can pull his head out of his ass, him and Abdullah can make a decent pair. If not, we've got a bunch of guys who've been here a while to step in.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567