Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odds for XLI

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Odds for XLI

There are 32 teams in the NFL. We are one of them.

Our odds are 1 in 32, same as everybody else.

Too much happens in the offseason with free agency, trades & the draft. Teams can go from great to mediocre & vice versa.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Superbowl54 is offline Waterboy

"briboy75" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    Looks like Vegas is picking the Bears to win the division again. I'm suprised the Viking's odds aren't higher. I thought Vegas usually bumps the odds up a bit when a new coach comes in. I am suprised that Green Bay is as high as they are. That has to be a bunch of sentimental bettors driving up the line.
    i think the bears will win the division too.

the vikings do have alot of cap room, but they do have alot of free agents too. they keep signing players to short term contracts, so thats what they get, i guess. the vikings also already have qb controversay. they also have alot of holes.

I am also suprised that GB is as high as they are. If favre retires, they are done... and will be rebuiling for a while. if he stays, they stiill have way too many holes to fill.
    me three! The Bears are the only team in the division who hasnt hired a new HC. How about that? Lovie is the longest-tenured NFC North coach .
    Barring major injuries, I cant see the Bears doing any worse than 10-6 next season. The D is already one of the best in the league and still pretty young (not one starter has even hit 30 yet), and the O SHOULD get better next season (NO INJURIES REX!)

Those odds are about right, hopefully we learned not to get too full of ourselves in the playoffs. Hopefully (this may sound strange) the Vikings pick it up quick and challenge the Bears for the division (should keep both teams sharp mentally and prevent lapses like the playoff game this year)
    GO BEARS!!! TIME TO TAKE DOWN THE PANTHERS!!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

If I had the extra money, I'de play two longshots...\

Vikings

Redskins....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

we'll be there
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"briboy75" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What I think is funny is the Steelers odds!

Seattle is in front of them and they will not have Shaun next year most likely.

Odds makers are silly guys who chew on drywall.
    Steelers will lose bettis, and many key players, such as randel el are free agents. Steelers are in the afc which has been much better then the afc in recent years which means the steelers face more competition to get to the super bowl.
    So what? They lost Burress and Bell last year and they won the SB this year.

Bettis was more of the inspirational player. Besides, they will have Staley back nest year.

See, the Steelers are always losing players to FA. Yet, they continue to compete every year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Superbowl54" wrote:
    "briboy75" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    Looks like Vegas is picking the Bears to win the division again. I'm suprised the Viking's odds aren't higher. I thought Vegas usually bumps the odds up a bit when a new coach comes in. I am suprised that Green Bay is as high as they are. That has to be a bunch of sentimental bettors driving up the line.
    i think the bears will win the division too.

the vikings do have alot of cap room, but they do have alot of free agents too. they keep signing players to short term contracts, so thats what they get, i guess. the vikings also already have qb controversay. they also have alot of holes.

I am also suprised that GB is as high as they are. If favre retires, they are done... and will be rebuiling for a while. if he stays, they stiill have way too many holes to fill.
    me three! The Bears are the only team in the division who hasnt hired a new HC. How about that? Lovie is the longest-tenured NFC North coach .
    Barring major injuries, I cant see the Bears doing any worse than 10-6 next season. The D is already one of the best in the league and still pretty young (not one starter has even hit 30 yet), and the O SHOULD get better next season (NO INJURIES REX!)

Those odds are about right, hopefully we learned not to get too full of ourselves in the playoffs. Hopefully (this may sound strange) the Vikings pick it up quick and challenge the Bears for the division (should keep both teams sharp mentally and prevent lapses like the playoff game this year)
    I beg to differ...with the OBVIOUS upgrade in COACHING that the Vikes got this offseason PLUS the FAs that Wilf will spring for PLUS the usual great drafting that the Vikes do....THE VIKINGS will win the division and win enough games to get one of the two byes. Get ready for a GREAT season, Viking fans!!! SUPER BOWL BOUND, BABY!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I find the NFL is BY FAR the hardest league to bet on. Nearly every year, a team comes from nowhere (like the Panthers or the Chargers) and makes the playoffs and sometimes comes close to winning it all. I think if I had to bet on one team, the Steelers would be near the top, and yet I wouldn't count on them making the semifinals.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I beg to differ...with the OBVIOUS upgrade in COACHING that the Vikes got this offseason PLUS the FAs that Wilf will spring for PLUS the usual great drafting that the Vikes do....THE VIKINGS will win the division and win enough games to get one of the two byes. Get ready for a GREAT season, Viking fans!!! SUPER BOWL BOUND, BABY!!! :grin:
    The upgrade in coaching still remains to be proven. Granted I will stick by my guns that Tice would've done better with a better staff & Childress definitely will as well.

How much better is what remains a question to me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

25-1 sounds about right.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Well, since I'm just as qualified to make this odds list as the idiots who made it, I've decided to make a line of my own.

Odds that this list means anything: 100,000,000,000:0.

That means that a bet of $0 on the worth of this list will get you $100 billion if you win. As tempting as that might sound, however, I'm not seeing very many takers. :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast