Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    This is what 3 years of Rick Spielman as a GM will get you (8 years total FO management)... 100:1 odds to win the Super Bowl.

So, are we still rebuilding?
    Last edited by C Mac D; 05-16-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    This is what 3 years of Rick Spielman as a GM will get you (8 years total FO management)... 100:1 odds to win the Super Bowl.

So, are we still rebuilding?
    50:1 after drafting your boy Teddy.

Ranger is offline Coach
    I think we'll be 8-8 or 9-7. We have a tough schedule, as well as new offensive and defensive schemes. That being said, I think the guys will be playing hard for the new staff (I think they were playing hard for the old staff, too), but the superior schemes and coaching will help offset all of the changes.

If nothing else, I think it's safe to expect our defense to be a little more respectable.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I think we'll be 8-8 or 9-7. We have a tough schedule, as well as new offensive and defensive schemes. That being said, I think the guys will be playing hard for the new staff (I think they were playing hard for the old staff, too), but the superior schemes and coaching will help offset all of the changes.

If nothing else, I think it's safe to expect our defense to be a little more respectable.
    Winning those games late last year may not have helped our draft slot, but showed the team did not quit on Frazier despite of how all the injuries and losses piled up. I think we've got a real good fit here, work ethic wise, going from Frazier to Zimmer, and backed up with the personality of our star player, Peterson. His determination and will to work, despite his incredible natural gifts, is a terrific personality for our team to emulate, and something most of these vets have been soaking up for years.

Part of last year's defensive collapse was injuries and another part was turnovers by the offense...I'm not saying they're great, but definitely better than their season totals indicate. With a new (assuming improved) scheme and a bit of luck on the health side, this defense just might be quite good, as in top ten or better year 1.

I think your estimate is about right. New schemes also helps in that there isn't any tape on how they like to play yet, and like our 10-6 team of a year past, we'll have good enough special teams + defense + running game to keep most games close and even pull out a couple of Ws that nobody sees coming, kinda like when we took it to the 49ers week 3 of 2012.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    At this point an 8-8 or 9-7 would seem like a huge win. Pretty sad isn't it? Hopefully lightning will strike and we leap out to a 10-6.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    50:1 after drafting your boy Teddy.
    From what I can see, it's still 100:1... just above the Jaguars and Raiders.

Can we fire Spielman already?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    As far as I'm concerned, the odds are 31-1 against, just like any other year.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the odds are 31-1 against, just like any other year.
    Agreed.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12