Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: O-Line Woes

  1. #1
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    O-Line Woes

    Is anyone else worried about our O-Line? McKinnie's been a $%#& turnstile at LT. Rosenthal out, replaced by Haayer then Dorsey. Now Dorsey's likely out for the rest of the regular season with a shoulder separation, replaced by Goldberg. Birk's still hobbled with abdominal pain. Liwienski false starts like 3 times AT HOME. They're probably the reason we can't get a running game going. The OL's a mess.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  2. #2
    skogs02 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    294

    O-Line Woes

    I disagree.The time Pepp had back there to pass was awesome.The reason why we didnt have many rushing yards was because we didnt run the ball enough, once we fell behind 19-7 we were forced to pass

  3. #3
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: O-Line Woes

    "SKOL" wrote:
    Is anyone else worried about our O-Line? Liwienski false starts like 3 times AT HOME. They're probably the reason we can't get a running game going. The OL's a mess.
    finlly someone else noticed... I'd bench Liwienski if we didn't need him due to all the replacements. he false starts at least once a game...but more accurately closer to 2 times a game. Our O-line is being held together by Birk's leadership... if he stops playin, Culpepper will end up being the leading rusher on the team, cause he will have to be... he will have the D chasing him.

  4. #4
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    O-Line Woes

    "skogs02" wrote:
    I disagree.The time Pepp had back there to pass was awesome.The reason why we didnt have many rushing yards was because we didnt run the ball enough, once we fell behind 19-7 we were forced to pass
    I won't disagree with you completely on the running.., I think we get away from it too quickly. But the OL just hasn't created any holes. We allowed 3 sacks, half of Daunte's throws have been on the run, and multiple tackles behind the Line of Scrimmage, including one for a safety. We're currently playing with our #4 RT. I think we're at the point where we can't have one more injury on the OL without serious consequences.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  5. #5
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    O-Line Woes

    Why was DIXON out of the game on Sunday????

  6. #6
    little redhead is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    638

    O-Line Woes

    Well part of the time Dixon was out because they were running no huddle and he needed a breather at least that is what Tice said. I thought I read though he got banged up a bit but didn't sound too serious. I am not sure what the deal is with McKinnie he doesn't look as so good lately seems a lot of people are getting by him and through to Culpepper. I guess Lewinski is becoming our new Todd Steusse where you can count on him to jump offsides at least a couple times a game.

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: O-Line Woes

    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Is anyone else worried about our O-Line? Liwienski false starts like 3 times AT HOME. They're probably the reason we can't get a running game going. The OL's a mess.
    finlly someone else noticed... I'd bench Liwienski if we didn't need him due to all the replacements. he false starts at least once a game...but more accurately closer to 2 times a game. Our O-line is being held together by Birk's leadership... if he stops playin, Culpepper will end up being the leading rusher on the team, cause he will have to be... he will have the D chasing him.
    If I am not mistaken, Daunte WAS the leading rusher for the Vikes in yesterday's game!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    O-Line Woes

    "little redhead" wrote:
    Well part of the time Dixon was out because they were running no huddle and he needed a breather at least that is what Tice said. I thought I read though he got banged up a bit but didn't sound too serious. I am not sure what the deal is with McKinnie he doesn't look as so good lately seems a lot of people are getting by him and through to Culpepper. I guess Lewinski is becoming our new Todd Steusse where you can count on him to jump offsides at least a couple times a game.
    Yeah, I just read Tice's PC and he said the same thing, he needed a breather during the no huddle.

  9. #9
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    705

    O-Line Woes

    The OL is good at getting good pass blocks, but they are just horrible when it comes to run blocking and penalties!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

  10. #10
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    O-Line Woes

    Big Mac hasn't impressed me all year. Overall, I believe the O line has played reasonably well but it's hard to gel when you are replacing injured folks with rookies. Any good OTs out there?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Road woes....
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
  2. A Break from our woes.
    By 6-KINGS in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 04:06 PM
  3. Theory on Vikes Defensive Woes
    By vikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 12:23 AM
  4. more packer woes.
    By vikes09 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
  5. Wide receiver woes
    By CanuckVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •