Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: O-Line Taylor sucking

It's not only the run blocking that the O-line needs to do better it is also pass blocking as McKinney got faked out of his jock against Baltimore and Brad almost got killed because of it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    It's not only the run blocking that the O-line needs to do better it is also pass blocking as McKinney got faked out of his jock against Baltimore and Brad almost got killed because of it.
    That's not about to change. It happens to him all the time. That is why I say he is overated. When a faster guy lines up on end he has a tendancy to get beat.

Odin is offline Waterboy

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    It takes longer than 3 games for an o-line to gel give it some time!
    Ditto That!

I do not think the O-Line will be at full stide untill at least 3 games into the season.
    Give them a little time, they will gel and we will see our running game take off!

Del Rio Guest

I think Childress is taking a page out of Andy Reids book. I think that he as a coach probably has neglected the running game in design and is focusing more on passing. They like the fans and the media to think they want to run the ball but when the plays break down it turns out they are passing way more often.

This is all speculation, but the things I am seeing in preseason suggest to me that we are definately on board with the west coast thinking.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Odin" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    Ditto That!

I do not think the O-Line will be at full stide untill at least 3 games into the season.
    Give them a little time, they will gel and we will see our running game take off!
    Hopefully that doesn't spell 3 losses for us since we have a brutal schedule the first three weeks!!!!!!!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    That's not about to change. It happens to him all the time. That is why I say he is overated. When a faster guy lines up on end he has a tendancy to get beat.
    I agree. He's always had slow feet. I like him otherwise but I'm glad we have Richardson,Taylor and Fason....running backs who can block!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Odin" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    Ditto That!

McKinnie is entering his 5th year as a Viking. Any gelling
    he has to do as a blocker should have been acopmplished years ago.

He is slow getting out of his stance & gets beat by faster linemen going around him. 3 games isn't going to change that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

one of the rasons i was soo pumped that we got Hutch is that he can help get Mckin into that pro bowl like player. i'm sure there will be some education comeing from the beast to the other.

that and we have some players who can come up and block from the backfield.. i really don't see lots of problems coming from the left side.

course i could eat crow later for saying this, but i'm hoping not 2

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Del Rio Guest

"digital420" wrote:
    one of the rasons i was soo pumped that we got Hutch is that he can help get Mckin into that pro bowl like player. i'm sure there will be some education comeing from the beast to the other.

that and we have some players who can come up and block from the backfield.. i really don't see lots of problems coming from the left side.

course i could eat crow later for saying this, but i'm hoping not 2

DiGiTaL
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this but it appears that when faced with a faster opponent to the outside Mckinnie will begin giving up his inside to overcompensate. If he can get to the spot of impact before the DE then he has a shot. What happens is the player fakes outside to get him stepping back then takes the gift he has given him.

What I am hoping is over the course of a few games Hutch and Co. can "gel" enough that when that happens he can help him on his inside. If and when that happens I think Mckinnie will be able to play at a higher level.

Right now he is on an island and it makes it easy to point out his mistakes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345