Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: O-Line Taylor sucking

hmmm....at least some others are finally concerned.
    You would think Taylor should be able to muster more than 27 yards on ten carries behind the behemoths.
    Where is Brad Muster when you need him?
    SKOL VIKES....BRING ON THE SKINS!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

This O-Line is going to get it together. I have no fear on that. These boys will learn how to work with each other, and then, Watch out! Especially if they have to work against our D-Line in practice all season! The D-Line are Beasts! Purple Heart Beasts on all the opposing Offenses!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"happy" wrote:
    just look at my sig for my reaction to this thread.
    Nice quote, but as I reside in Portland (proud home of the Paul Allen's jailblazers), with all due respect, Paul Allen can lick the corn from my...ANYHOO...

I wasn't able to see the game tonight, but from what I know of the ravens (particularly since they picked up that monster Haloti Ngada), they're pretty good at stuffing the run. I wouldn't take one poor performance against them, especially in a preseason game, as proof that our O-line and ground game is gonna suck all year. That's just silly.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

If you want to know how worthless the pre-season is, look at Oakland. They're 4-0. Do you really think they're going to replicate that form in the regular season?

Prophet Guest

I'm not worried about the 0-line.
    When they start clicking Brad Childress will be able to go in as an RB and pick up an average of 3 yds/carry against most teams.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

you have to remember..

B.chill isnot running his official offensence.. he's holding back..

notice J.w isn't getting lots of touches..

B.j is miking up tosses to get his timinig..

and our running is going mostly right.. (watch for all of this to chance come 9/11)

then after we have say 5 games in the regular season lets talk about production!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"The" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    just look at my sig for my reaction to this thread.
    Nice quote, but as I reside in Portland (proud home of the Paul Allen's jailblazers), with all due respect, Paul Allen can lick the corn from my...ANYHOO...

Not that Paul Allen. The Paul Allen I speak of is a local radio host and the announcer for the vikings on kfan and 100.3
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

So, because its only preseason, I cant say Mike M sucks at QB? Its only preseason after all. He sucks! Preseason proves, at least to me, he is the worst back up QB in the league. But we can excuse the poor play of our line and Chester because its preseason, when everything else, even the defense is looking good? Im not saying the sky is falling, but i think we have reason to be concerned about it.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I'm glad it's the O-Line that's having trouble.

If it were the Linebackers, it would just prove they are inadequate.

But we know the O-Line will improve.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

boognish is offline Coordinator

"CCthebest" wrote:
    So, because its only preseason, I cant say Mike M sucks at QB? Its only preseason after all. He sucks! Preseason proves, at least to me, he is the worst back up QB in the league. But we can excuse the poor play of our line and Chester because its preseason, when everything else, even the defense is looking good? Im not saying the sky is falling, but i think we have reason to be concerned about it.
    You can say whatever you want. An OL needs to function as a unit, not 5 individuals. These guys obviously haven't gotten to the point where they are a unit yet. I have faith that they will eventually, although I'm starting to think that the loss of Loney may be the biggest of the offseason.

Don't know if you've watched these preseason games or not, but the opposition is putting 8 men in the box on virtually every play, thereby stacking up against the run and our dink and dunk passes. Big Johnson and our WR are going to have to prove to other teams that they can create a consistent threat downfield, or we'll be seeing this all season long.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast