Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

O-Line had fewest mistakes of season?

I got to give cudos to the O-line. Yes I have bashed them throughout the season (and pre-season) but they really came through against Detroit. I can't even remember a false start??? Well probably somebody here can but I can't.

Pulling our center (Fowler) on the sweeps with great success was well documented even by the TV annoucers. I know I have got on Rosenthal alot, but even he had a pretty good game. NOW... what about your ex-team this week Rosie??? Can you control the line of scrimage and not get bulldozed over? You know who you'll be seeing xcross the line so your matchup is way above average.
    Home Sweet Dome...

Re: O-Line had fewest mistakes of season?

Vikings only had 1 penalty as a team and it was on Fred Smoot...O-Line did a great job.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

this was truly impressive, like you mentioned we need to see this more frequently...
    I BLEED PURPLE!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

why do you all think they played so well? is it because they realized that brad can't scramble quite like daunte, so they paid more attention? If so do you think this will stay this good? or will it go to crap again soon, or when Daunte Comes back?

It might of been opposition but let's hope they are getting on track. Daunte coming back is so far down the road we probably will field at least 2 new O-lineman by then.
    Home Sweet Dome...

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I noticed it too, but I also think it is the result of Brad getting the ball out really quick. Less time = less time for mistakes. I think one of the reasons we get so many holding penalties is that C-pepper makes such slow reads and then takes those deep drops. It worked with Moss separating, but I think a big problem for C-pepper is that the new receivers don't separate and he is left running around with his **** flapping in the wind, so to speak.

On the other hand, Brad gets the ball out FAST and there is just less time for the O-line to screw up.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    why do you all think they played so well? is it because they realized that brad can't scramble quite like daunte, so they paid more attention? If so do you think this will stay this good? or will it go to crap again soon, or when Daunte Comes back?
    Think it might also be wih Fowler being more familiar with the playbook and calling the right line blocks as well. Tice singled him out for praise and I think it was well deserved.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I noticed it too, but I also think it is the result of Brad getting the ball out really quick. Less time = less time for mistakes. I think one of the reasons we get so many holding penalties is that C-pepper makes such slow reads and then takes those deep drops. It worked with Moss separating, but I think a big problem for C-pepper is that the new receivers don't separate and he is left running around with his **** flapping in the wind, so to speak.

On the other hand, Brad gets the ball out FAST and there is just less time for the O-line to screw up.
    I think you nailed it. Most of the passing plays were extremely quick, not giving the line a chance to hold. Although they stayed put before the ball was snapped as well, so kudos there and big time on the run blocking.

This is what the Vikings are now offensively, hopefully they will continue to move the chains against the giants and keep that high potent offense off the field. They must be effective early in the game or I'm afraid we have a long day ahead of us.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Dead on, guys! Brad getting rid of the ball more quickly puts much less stress on the OL, since they don't have to hold their blocks for so long...that way they are fresher in the later quarters...and make less mistakes!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Yup getting the quick releases helped the O-line but before the snap we didn't break down as before. We were always good for 4 false starts a game (and more).

I'd say a smooth combination of...
    -Percise receiver routes, quick snappy QB releases
    -Good blocking calls at the line of scrimage
    -No mental breakdowns especailly during cadence
    Home Sweet Dome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast