Thread: O-line?

PoohBearsCubbie is offline Waterboy

O-line?

Here is a question for all vikes fans; do we try to sure-up the offensive line by trying to A.
    sign Joe Andriuzzi who was cut from the browns B.
    do nothing at all or C.
    make a splash with a trade to get Alan Faneca and make him the right guard and give him the Steve H.
    money?
    I believe that if we could get option C and trade for him and sure up the contract with only giving up at most a third round pick and maybe a player; we should head in that direction.
    (This is all under the condition that we have to sign him to the deal and take the hit on the salary cap)
    Signing Joe would not be a bad choice either due to the fact that our right side of the o-line struggled to say the least.
    But to do nothing I think is the way we are headed which I feel is a bad thing for our quarterback T-Jack.
    If there is one thing that we should be looking at instead of our lack of pass rush is the other line; the o-line.
    With the great draft choice of AP, a rookie QB, and no WR's the least we can do is sure up that o-line.
    I'm not looking for miracles or anything, but I think we should look in that direction if we are sticking with a rookie QB and possibly a rookie RB we should take care of this problem before the season starts…

~Peace

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: O-line?

I agree that the right side of our OL scares me still, but I don't know if signing linemen cut by other teams or making the big trade to pick up bigger names is the right thing to do.

A lot of the problem with the line last year was the new zone blocking scheme.
    I honestly don't know as much about this as some of the other members here, but to my understanding it is a difficult scheme that takes time to learn.
    Putting in another new person who has to learn the scheme might be detrimental.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

How about another option:

D.
    Go with what we have as they have experience in the scheme already?

Current Roster
    78 Matt Birk C 30
    6-4
    9 Years

62 Ryan Cook C 24
    6-6
    R
    46 Cullen Loeffler C 26
    6-5
    3 Years
    72 Marcus Johnson OT 25
    6-6
    2 Years
    74 Bryant McKinnie OT 27
    6-8
    5 Years
    64 Anthony Herrera OG 26
    6-2
    3 Years
    79 Artis Hicks OG 28
    6-4
    5 Years

76 Steve Hutchinson OG 29
    6-5
    6 Years

May 3, 2007 Agreed to terms with centers-guards Kyle Cook and Dan Mozes, guard Brian Daniels, tackles Josh Day and Chase Johnson.
    December 19, 2006 Signed offensive lineman Jimmy Martin to the practice squad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

The vikings are in rebuilding mode so they probably wont pick up anybody unless they are the perfect long term solution. They will probably just wait and pick up anybody that the broncos let go of.