Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O-Line?

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

O-Line?

With all the talk about the probability of the Vikes having one of the top left side o-lines if they land Hutch, I'm very curious to hear what everybody thinks about the right side.
    I had hopes that Fonoti (I saw him in person at the Giants game last year and he looked bigger than any else on the field even though he was in joggers) would work out and they'd somehow go after Runyan. IMO, that would have given Chester Taylor a great shot at 1,400+ yds. The current situation looks like they're reworking Rosenthal's contract and have shown no interest in Runyan.
    Do we look at Marcus for right guard, Rosie at RT or do we try to plug in Whitten (whom not even the Giants were too high on) somewhere? What about Lewinski? Tice shifted everybody around so much last year that it was hard to get a decent look at anyone.
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: O-Line?

I don't think Rosie is the answer on the right side. We need to get someone in there that can do a better job.

I don't know if Lewinski plays on the right side or not.

I'm hoping they still pick up someone, such as Runyan, in FA to shore up the right side.

That is the side Brad normally rolls out to & if the defense gets penetration on that side often, it could be a long season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Whitten is strictly back up, he can also back up the center position. I'm hoping after Hutch is official tomorrow, we sign one of the patriot guards. Runyan would be great too but Neal will be cheaper. Rosie at tackle, should make for aWESOME O LINE. I just love the fact that O line is a priority this year.

Neal would work. My biggest question on Rosey: was it him or Tice that created the problem?
    I've said it all along- if we get "Hutchinstein' then chase Runyan, we're set.
    "If Brad's gotta run, then we are done."
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

From what i have read, Runyan dont want to leave the eagles. But i would hope we go after Stephen neal to fill the right side and hopefully Marcus Johnson can play well at the rightside tackle spot.

From what my boys in Philly are saying, Runyan's a little pissed that they haven't already taken care of him. They do have plenty of cap space. Most Philly fans are deeply disturbed about what the Eagles aren't doing in Free Agency. They love Runyan and can't figure this one out.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Whitten is strictly back up, he can also back up the center position. I'm hoping after Hutch is official tomorrow, we sign one of the patriot guards. Runyan would be great too but Neal will be cheaper. Rosie at tackle, should make for aWESOME O LINE. I just love the fact that O line is a priority this year.
    Well, at least our management understands that battles are won in the trenches. If we get Hutch, Neal, and a linebacker in the draft or in FA, this will be a good offseason. But there's still some work to be done.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

True dat BBQ!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

If we get Hutch I think the line will be McKinney, Hutch, Birk, Goldberg, Marcuse.

The reason for Goldberg:
    6' 7" 330lbs

going into his 3rd year, and I understand he is spending a lot of time at Winter Park and is working out. Maybe he will be a solid producer thuis year, with all the stuff that went on last year he still started 12 games.

Mckinney
    6' 8" 345lbs

Hutchinson
    6' 5" 325lbs

Matt Birk
    6' 4" 315lbs

Goldberg
    6' 7" 330lbs

Marcus Johnson
    6' 6" 320lbs

There is a lot of beef on that line.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

you know, having birk back would just fix all of our problems but hes getting older so we need to find his replacement within the next two years
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast