O-Coordinator Candidates

Well it looks like everyone on the coaching staff will be back next season except for the much maligned Scott Linehan. If he does go, the Vikes will now need to hire a new Offensive Coordinator. Unless their is going to be a surprise firing in the NFL we will probably have to delve into the college ranks. Any suggestions?

Linehan a coaching free agent
    From Staff Reports
    December 28, 2004

When the Vikings exercised the option Monday on coach Mike Tice's contract, it left only one member of the coaching staff unsigned through 2005: offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

Last winter, the Vikings offered each member of Tice's staff a two-year extension. It was initially believed that all coaches accepted the offer, but Linehan apparently declined to sign his contract. As a result, he will be eligible to leave the organization at the end of the season.

Linehan declined to comment Monday night. But his name has surfaced in conjunction with at least two openings. The New England Patriots must replace offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, who was named the coach at Notre Dame, and new Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban has sent feelers about Linehan through intermediaries.

Under Linehan, the Vikings had the NFL's top-ranked offense in 2003. They ranked No. 2 in 2002 and are No. 3 this season.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5157219.html
    Even babies know the difference.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

O-Coordinator Candidates

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Maybe the Vikes talent level on offense has more to do with their ranking then it does Linehan!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

O-Coordinator Candidates

I would be concerned with Linehan leaving, not for his play calling but for the offense he implemented. Daunte has shown this year he is getting comfortable with it and I would hate to see him go through another learning curve with a new offense.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

O-Coordinator Candidates

Wow, I had not known this. LOL, guess he can earn his lumps in Miami if he would like. I would prefer to have continuity, but, yeah, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

O-Coordinator Candidates

I read this article this morning also......
    Jim Fassell, I think he'd be awsome as an o-coordinator, or what about Jim Bates from Miami...is he a D-coordinator or O-coordinator I like him a lot...

Colts quarter back coach?
    Or the O-coordinator for USC....He's coached the likes of Steve YOung, Matt Linehart, Carson Palmer, and a few other awsome quarterbacks and is continuously overlooked for headcoaching jobs....(at college level of course)....I'd like to see him running the purple o next year..

Yea' clearly it's our talent level more than the Coordinator for our success....and even if it was the coordinator, he needs to leave simply because of the redzone woes we've had the last couple years....

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

O-Coordinator Candidates

Gonna be really hard to find a big name O Cord for 500K

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

O-Coordinator Candidates

Wow.......

Well, I guess Mike Grant from Eden Prairie or the guy from Minnetonka may get a call from Red. Although, Grant probably makes more at EP than Red would pay him... :lol:

O-Coordinator Candidates

Yeah, my first thought was Jim Caldwell (Colts QB Coach). But It would be nice to have some continuity on offense and promote someone from the organization. Since Linehan is also our QB coach we would have to look at either Charlie Baggett (WR) or Dean Dalton (RB)? But I don't know how their positions would translate as an offensive coordinator. Maybe we can look at an offensive minded college head coach who would like to jump up to the NFL.
    Even babies know the difference.

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

O-Coordinator Candidates

I think Charlie would be a decent choice.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

O-Coordinator Candidates

I heard this earlier today on PA/Dubay that 17 coordinaters make more than Tice will on next years contract!

How the hell are we going to get a sucker worth anything to come here if CHEAP A** & OLD F*CK RED will not pay anybody! (f*cking scrooge)
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.