Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    fan4favre is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "Caine" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Moss is above that and people don't see it.

    People just don't understand him.
    Maybe perhaps Moss doesn't understand the opposite side of the coin.
    What "Opposite side" would that be? Taking "Advice" from former players...one of dubious legitimacy in the moral arena? The "Moss Issues" that the media and Moss-Haters like to spew forth are mostly that...issues dealing with morality and character.

    Sanders has plenty of character...he was loved/hated because of it while playing the first time around. He was all about the money, and all about the rings (Wanting to be traded ONLY to contenders). And, when approached about comming out of retirement two years ago he said he would come back for the Play-Offs, but not the regular season. Yeah, THERE'S a guy I want coaching Moss on work ethic.

    Irvin had his share of legal trouble. Getting busted in a hotel room with hookers and coke...there's a testiment for ya. What does Moss have to learn from him? Break the rules, be a scuzbag, land a cushy media job?

    When Moss breaks the rules, theya re really MINOR infractions...and only made big because the Haters out there salivate over anything anti-Randy. All the hypocrites out there saying, "I wouldn't want Moss on MY team". Yeah, whatever snowflake. If Moss became available they'd mortgage their franchises to the hilt to get him. You know it, I know it, and the Haters know it...they just LIE to make themselves feel better.

    Moss has NOTHING to learn from these two.

    If anyone, he should talk to Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, or Thurman Thomas. Those guys played their hearts out and shut the hell up. Ahmad Rashad, Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jiim Marshall...hell, almost ANY of the old Vikes would be great role models (Well...don't talk to Fran about taxes...).

    But Irvin and Sanders?!?!? =;

    Caine
    I was not referring to allowing an audience with those two clowns. Just act like a professional. That's right, professional athlete. That term has lost all meaning with most NFL players. But apparently, this is the natural order of things to come for all professional sports. Whether any viking fan wants to own up to the fact that "class" has its place in sports is irrelevant. The real issue is all sports athletes must realize they are public figures and must appropriately separate themselves from potentially controversial issues or face the flames of the media. Not very hard to understand, but apparently it is very difficult for some athletes to issue basic restraint. And if a team is willing to "rally" around classless acts it is a very telling sign of the lack of leadership that team has. Pure facts.

  2. #12
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Moss is above that and people don't see it.

    People just don't understand him.
    Maybe perhaps Moss doesn't understand the opposite side of the coin.
    What "Opposite side" would that be? Taking "Advice" from former players...one of dubious legitimacy in the moral arena? The "Moss Issues" that the media and Moss-Haters like to spew forth are mostly that...issues dealing with morality and character.

    Sanders has plenty of character...he was loved/hated because of it while playing the first time around. He was all about the money, and all about the rings (Wanting to be traded ONLY to contenders). And, when approached about comming out of retirement two years ago he said he would come back for the Play-Offs, but not the regular season. Yeah, THERE'S a guy I want coaching Moss on work ethic.

    Irvin had his share of legal trouble. Getting busted in a hotel room with hookers and coke...there's a testiment for ya. What does Moss have to learn from him? Break the rules, be a scuzbag, land a cushy media job?

    When Moss breaks the rules, theya re really MINOR infractions...and only made big because the Haters out there salivate over anything anti-Randy. All the hypocrites out there saying, "I wouldn't want Moss on MY team". Yeah, whatever snowflake. If Moss became available they'd mortgage their franchises to the hilt to get him. You know it, I know it, and the Haters know it...they just LIE to make themselves feel better.

    Moss has NOTHING to learn from these two.

    If anyone, he should talk to Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, or Thurman Thomas. Those guys played their hearts out and shut the hell up. Ahmad Rashad, Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jiim Marshall...hell, almost ANY of the old Vikes would be great role models (Well...don't talk to Fran about taxes...).

    But Irvin and Sanders?!?!? =;

    Caine
    I was not referring to allowing an audience with those two clowns. Just act like a professional. That's right, professional athlete. That term has lost all meaning with most NFL players. But apparently, this is the natural order of things to come for all professional sports. Whether any viking fan wants to own up to the fact that "class" has its place in sports is irrelevant. The real issue is all sports athletes must realize they are public figures and must appropriately separate themselves from potentially controversial issues or face the flames of the media. Not very hard to understand, but apparently it is very difficult for some athletes to issue basic restraint. And if a team is willing to "rally" around classless acts it is a very telling sign of the lack of leadership that team has. Pure facts.
    Well, here's the problem...there is no problem.

    If you refer to the psuedo-moon as a problem, I suggest you start harping on your own fans who do it for REAL...then come back and point the finger at Randy.

    If you refer to the walk out with 2 seconds left, I suggest you hold your QB accountable for HIS walk out in 2002 with over 30 seconds on the clock...thencome back and point the finger at Randy.

    If you talk about the issue with the Traffic Agent (NOT a Police Officer as advertized), I suggest that you have pep talks with Najeh Davenport and Mark Chmura about defication and statutory rape...then come point fingers at Randy.

    I can continue, but hopefully you get the message.

    What Randy does is MINOR. What infractions there are are trival in comparrison with many on teams supported by the "haters" who lamblast Randy and the Vikes.

    In short, clean up YOUR house, then complain about ours.

    Professional Athletes have been getting worse since Charles barkley and his infamous, "I am not a role model" speech. Athletes ARE role-models due to their media celebrity status - that I agree with you on. And, they have gotten worse over the years - again we agree.

    But I don't see Randy as one of the worst, nor even bad. I just see the Media making a story where none exists.

    Caine

  3. #13
    fan4favre is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "Caine" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Moss is above that and people don't see it.

    People just don't understand him.
    Maybe perhaps Moss doesn't understand the opposite side of the coin.


    Caine
    I was not referring to allowing an audience with those two clowns. Just act like a professional. That's right, professional athlete. That term has lost all meaning with most NFL players. But apparently, this is the natural order of things to come for all professional sports. Whether any viking fan wants to own up to the fact that "class" has its place in sports is irrelevant. The real issue is all sports athletes must realize they are public figures and must appropriately separate themselves from potentially controversial issues or face the flames of the media. Not very hard to understand, but apparently it is very difficult for some athletes to issue basic restraint. And if a team is willing to "rally" around classless acts it is a very telling sign of the lack of leadership that team has. Pure facts.
    Well, here's the problem...there is no problem.

    If you refer to the psuedo-moon as a problem, I suggest you start harping on your own fans who do it for REAL...then come back and point the finger at Randy.

    If you refer to the walk out with 2 seconds left, I suggest you hold your QB accountable for HIS walk out in 2002 with over 30 seconds on the clock...thencome back and point the finger at Randy.

    If you talk about the issue with the Traffic Agent (NOT a Police Officer as advertized), I suggest that you have pep talks with Najeh Davenport and Mark Chmura about defication and statutory rape...then come point fingers at Randy.

    I can continue, but hopefully you get the message.

    What Randy does is MINOR. What infractions there are are trival in comparrison with many on teams supported by the "haters" who lamblast Randy and the Vikes.

    In short, clean up YOUR house, then complain about ours.

    Professional Athletes have been getting worse since Charles barkley and his infamous, "I am not a role model" speech. Athletes ARE role-models due to their media celebrity status - that I agree with you on. And, they have gotten worse over the years - again we agree.

    But I don't see Randy as one of the worst, nor even bad. I just see the Media making a story where none exists.

    Caine
    First of all I don't think you understand the repercussions each of those situations that you mentioned produced. Chmura was released (hmmm....how much more action are you looking for?). Davenport, in case you haven't heard received an a$$ chewing of his life and also a dimished role on the team and will probably be traded in the off season (ever hear what happened to James Loften when he was caught in his indecent act? RELEASED!!!!).

    As for cleaning up this house, its impossible for any house currently in the NFL to completely clean up their house due to the lack of control coaches have currently, and the type of "new" attitude NFL players have entering the NFL. That said, it's really about sending a message to the rest of the team when dumb sh!t occurs with players. Tice needs to step up and give Randy an ultimatum. Two on field incidents occurred this year with the Packers and both were immediately handled with a mid week a$$ chewing by Sherman. He may not be the best coach in the league but at least he is trying to maintain the image of "class" in Green Bay. That's a fact. It should be an honor to wear a Viking's jersey not a right.

  4. #14
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    691

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "Caine" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Moss is above that and people don't see it.

    People just don't understand him.
    Maybe perhaps Moss doesn't understand the opposite side of the coin.
    What "Opposite side" would that be? Taking "Advice" from former players...one of dubious legitimacy in the moral arena? The "Moss Issues" that the media and Moss-Haters like to spew forth are mostly that...issues dealing with morality and character.

    Sanders has plenty of character...he was loved/hated because of it while playing the first time around. He was all about the money, and all about the rings (Wanting to be traded ONLY to contenders). And, when approached about comming out of retirement two years ago he said he would come back for the Play-Offs, but not the regular season. Yeah, THERE'S a guy I want coaching Moss on work ethic.

    Irvin had his share of legal trouble. Getting busted in a hotel room with hookers and coke...there's a testiment for ya. What does Moss have to learn from him? Break the rules, be a scuzbag, land a cushy media job?

    When Moss breaks the rules, theya re really MINOR infractions...and only made big because the Haters out there salivate over anything anti-Randy. All the hypocrites out there saying, "I wouldn't want Moss on MY team". Yeah, whatever snowflake. If Moss became available they'd mortgage their franchises to the hilt to get him. You know it, I know it, and the Haters know it...they just LIE to make themselves feel better.

    Moss has NOTHING to learn from these two.

    If anyone, he should talk to Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, or Thurman Thomas. Those guys played their hearts out and shut the hell up. Ahmad Rashad, Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jiim Marshall...hell, almost ANY of the old Vikes would be great role models (Well...don't talk to Fran about taxes...).

    But Irvin and Sanders?!?!? =;

    Caine
    I was not referring to allowing an audience with those two clowns. Just act like a professional. That's right, professional athlete. That term has lost all meaning with most NFL players. But apparently, this is the natural order of things to come for all professional sports. Whether any viking fan wants to own up to the fact that "class" has its place in sports is irrelevant. The real issue is all sports athletes must realize they are public figures and must appropriately separate themselves from potentially controversial issues or face the flames of the media. Not very hard to understand, but apparently it is very difficult for some athletes to issue basic restraint. And if a team is willing to "rally" around classless acts it is a very telling sign of the lack of leadership that team has. Pure facts.
    Well, here's the problem...there is no problem.

    If you refer to the psuedo-moon as a problem, I suggest you start harping on your own fans who do it for REAL...then come back and point the finger at Randy.

    If you refer to the walk out with 2 seconds left, I suggest you hold your QB accountable for HIS walk out in 2002 with over 30 seconds on the clock...thencome back and point the finger at Randy.

    If you talk about the issue with the Traffic Agent (NOT a Police Officer as advertized), I suggest that you have pep talks with Najeh Davenport and Mark Chmura about defication and statutory rape...then come point fingers at Randy.

    I can continue, but hopefully you get the message.

    What Randy does is MINOR. What infractions there are are trival in comparrison with many on teams supported by the "haters" who lamblast Randy and the Vikes.

    In short, clean up YOUR house, then complain about ours.

    Professional Athletes have been getting worse since Charles barkley and his infamous, "I am not a role model" speech. Athletes ARE role-models due to their media celebrity status - that I agree with you on. And, they have gotten worse over the years - again we agree.

    But I don't see Randy as one of the worst, nor even bad. I just see the Media making a story where none exists.

    Caine
    I agree with you 100%, all true man.


  5. #15
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Moss is above that and people don't see it.

    People just don't understand him.
    Maybe perhaps Moss doesn't understand the opposite side of the coin.
    That is no reason to vilify someone or ridicule them or for someone else to be a hipocrit.

    Moss may have some boundary issues. But he can't be all that bad. If he was, we would have seen the team fall apart after the Redskin walk-off.

    And for that matter, I think TO doesn't understand and if he does he doesn't care.

    Moss understands and he cares. I don't think that you will see any celebration from him this week and it won't be because he isn't scoring TDs. He will go back to what we had been doing before week 17 and before the media started vilifying him like crazy.

    Come Back TO we need you or atleast the Media needs you.

  6. #16
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    Irvin what a tool.... MOTELL 88, we'll leave the Crack out for you. And Sanders calling out Moss' bad side? I think the Preacher Sanders should read his Bible a little more. He shouldn't worry about the speck in Randy's eye when he has a log in his own.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  7. #17
    Richie_the_K is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    25

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Moss is above that and people don't see it.

    People just don't understand him.
    Maybe perhaps Moss doesn't understand the opposite side of the coin.
    That is no reason to vilify someone or ridicule them or for someone else to be a hipocrit.

    Moss may have some boundary issues. But he can't be all that bad. If he was, we would have seen the team fall apart after the Redskin walk-off.

    And for that matter, I think TO doesn't understand and if he does he doesn't care.

    Moss understands and he cares. I don't think that you will see any celebration from him this week and it won't be because he isn't scoring TDs. He will go back to what we had been doing before week 17 and before the media started vilifying him like crazy.

    Come Back TO we need you or atleast the Media needs you.
    I wouldn't drag TO into the conversation....because that will only work against your argument...that comment about him not caring is freaking crazy. That being said, I do think Moss gets paid too much attention about that other stuff. A lot of it isn't that big a deal but everybody blows it up like its the end of the world. They did the same thing with some of TO's stuff. It's all talk, just distracts from the important stuff like the actual games.

  8. #18
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    Moss isn't that bad of a guy! Sure, maybe he shouldnt have walked off the field, maybe the mooning thing was a tad inappropriate (albeit I dont believe so) and squirting the ref with the water bottle was immature. But these aren't HUGE problems! They're small, slightly immature, overblown media crap. Ray Lewis killed a guy for cripes sake! Jamal Lewis dealt drugs in college! Rae Carruth hired someone to kill his wife and unborn child! Mark Chmura molests an underage girl BABYSITTING his kids! and all of a sudden cuz Moss bends over and shakes his butt in the endzone THIS is freaking inappropriate! THIS is disgusting! My Lord....
    And since when does Primetime know anything about maturity anyways? Moss does a lot for charities that goes unnoticed, and he always gives the gameballs he scores touchdowns with to mentally or physically disabled children that are sitting next to the endzone in the Metrodome. He's got a family and he has no problems with his teammates other than the walking off incident, which actaully proved to be a catalyst for the Vikings. Bottom line: This isn't a big problem...and I wouldn't return their phone calls either.

  9. #19
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Now Prime Time Hates Moss Too...............

    "fan4favre" wrote:
    First of all I don't think you understand the repercussions each of those situations that you mentioned produced. Chmura was released (hmmm....how much more action are you looking for?). Davenport, in case you haven't heard received an a$$ chewing of his life and also a dimished role on the team and will probably be traded in the off season (ever hear what happened to James Loften when he was caught in his indecent act? RELEASED!!!!).
    Oh, I understand alright. I live in Wisconsin. I get flooded with Packer information day-in/day-out.

    I also know that there are times when actions by Packer Players are swept under the rug...by the National media (i.e. Favre's Walk-Off in 2002. The late hit on Chris Walsh in the final game of 2002 - I forget the Packer that hit him after he downed the ball).

    What I'm railing against is the TRIVIAL nature of Randy's actions of late, and the disproportionate amount of backlash that has been heaped upon him and the Vikings. Had Randy actually done something BAD, I could see it...but he DIDN'T. He FAKED a moon. WHOOOOP-DEEE-DOOOO.

    "fan4favre" wrote:
    As for cleaning up this house, its impossible for any house currently in the NFL to completely clean up their house due to the lack of control coaches have currently, and the type of "new" attitude NFL players have entering the NFL. That said, it's really about sending a message to the rest of the team when dumb sh!t occurs with players. Tice needs to step up and give Randy an ultimatum. Two on field incidents occurred this year with the Packers and both were immediately handled with a mid week a$$ chewing by Sherman. He may not be the best coach in the league but at least he is trying to maintain the image of "class" in Green Bay. That's a fact. It should be an honor to wear a Viking's jersey not a right.
    In this, we agree. Pro Athletes are catered to from the time they are in junior high...and the treatment doesn't change until they're washed up.

    WE make them special.

    WE allow them to act in ways WE aren't allowed to.

    WE alter the rules for them.

    WE have only ourselves to blame.

    Asking Coaches or Refs or the NFL to clean up the image of Pro Football Players is a lot like our tradition of asking Teachers and Schools to raise our kids. PArents don't discipline their kids or teach them basic courtesy/respect anymore, then drop it on the school system to do it, then hamstring them by severly limiting their disciplinary powers.

    You can't have it both ways.

    You want better athletes? Produce better kids. You want better kids? Force PARENTS to step up.

    But, again, as to how this relates to Moss...it doesn't...not after Sunday's actions anyway. As I said, those are TRIVIAL...they are not even really an ISSUE. The media just WANT them to be.

    Caine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Prime Time
    By Dekay in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 06:52 PM
  2. Prime time
    By urvaday in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
  3. Culpepper on Prime Time.
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:48 PM
  4. No home games in prime time
    By smoot2boot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:09 PM
  5. Moss hates germs?
    By poult in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 12:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •