Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Thats what you got out of that post? WOW

Just to clarify, so that you don't come back spewing forth the wrong drivelllllllll.....

We run a very precise, timed passing attack. What that means is the player package is sent in, the play concept is called in the huddle, the QB and WR make sight adjustments (pre-snap) out of the concept when they get to the line and then they run the play.

Now here comes the hard part that you seem to miss.....

BOTH THE QB AND THE WR have to make the same sight adjustments. BOTH of them. If they don't the ball is going to be off the spot regardless of who is right or wrong.

HOPEFULLY the QB will be right more than he is wrong because he has to see the same thing that ALL the WR's are seeing not just one.

So yes, my contention, in most instances, is if the ball was off the spot, it was a bad adjustment by the WR. Again, one more time for possible penetration, doesn't mean the QB wasn't at fault. It just means that the odds are it was the WR.
    Sorry my friend but I think you are way off on this one.
    Simply put, you can't blame WRs for the QB continually being high and late. If it was one particular WR, maybe, but he throws high and late all the time. Jenkins, Simpson, Harvin. High and late. What's more likely, our WRs can't get the timing down with our all pro QB or our QB is late with his reads and lacks the ability to put the velocity on his throws to make up for it.
    I get it, he's a Vikings QB so he must be supported but to say it's the WRs fault..... is crazy.
    We now have one of the best route runners in the game in Jennings. If our QB still can't hit himm in stide, its clealy the QB. As I said before.... our QB throws open WRs covered.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Sorry my friend but I think you are way off on this one.
    Simply put, you can't blame WRs for the QB continually being high and late. If it was one particular WR, maybe, but he throws high and late all the time. Jenkins, Simpson, Harvin. High and late. What's more likely, our WRs can't get the timing down with our all pro QB or our QB is late with his reads and lacks the ability to put the velocity on his throws to make up for it.
    I get it, he's a Vikings QB so he must be supported but to say it's the WRs fault..... is crazy.
    We now have one of the best route runners in the game in Jennings. If our QB still can't hit himm in stide, its clealy the QB. As I said before.... our QB throws open WRs covered.
    If he is continually high and late to all WR's, your right its his fault. If he is high and late, once in a while to one of them, it could be the QB, or the WR. Probably the WR.

I'm talking more along the lines of 4 or 5 yards off. You know, a guy runs a 4 and the QB throws a 5 at this point even though the discussion started with Patterson getting some balls into is body to start.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I also want to point out that we drafted a punter in the 5th round. A punter. Those type of moves are made by teams that are set at almost all positions. We have a ridiculously thin WR line up and we are drafting Punters with our 5th rounder.

Spielman has had 5 first rounders in 2 years. Its very easy GM to look amazing with 5 first rounders in 2 years. We'll see when that goes back to normal how he does.

I also want to point out that we drafted a punter in the 5th round. A punter. Those type of moves are made by teams that are set at almost all positions. We have a ridiculously thin WR line up and we are drafting Punters with our 5th rounder.

Spielman has had 5 first rounders in 2 years. Its very easy GM to look amazing with 5 first rounders in 2 years. We'll see when that goes back to normal how he does.
    What position would you use a 5th rounder on and expect a starter?

My rationale.....

1rst - instant starter or a guy that provides alot of reps in rotation almost like a starter
    2nd - Starter or a guy that provides lots of reps in rotation almost like a starter
    3rd - Possible starter/Rotation/Depth
    4th - Rotation/Depth
    5th - Depth
    6th - Depth
    7th - Depth
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

If he is continually high and late to all WR's, your right its his fault. If he is high and late, once in a while to one of them, it could be the QB, or the WR. Probably the WR.

I'm talking more along the lines of 4 or 5 yards off. You know, a guy runs a 4 and the QB throws a 5 at this point even though the discussion started with Patterson getting some balls into is body to start.
    Patterson suffers from what most big WRs suffer from. He is a natural catcher when the ball is away from his body but when thrown towards his chest..... its easier to body catch than to fold catch with hands.

Patterson suffers from what most big WRs suffer from. He is a natural catcher when the ball is away from his body but when thrown towards his chest..... its easier to body catch than to fold catch with hands.
    That makes sense, but why is the ball in his body to begin with? Shortened stem? Poor angle coming out of the break? Bad throw by QB?

All are acceptable answers in my book but the original post I made was based on a scout who said the first two (route running).

What position would you use a 5th rounder on and expect a starter?

My rationale.....

1rst - instant starter or a guy that provides alot of reps in rotation almost like a starter
    2nd - Starter or a guy that provides lots of reps in rotation almost like a starter
    3rd - Possible starter/Rotation/Depth
    4th - Rotation/Depth
    5th - Depth
    6th - Depth
    7th - Depth

I would agree normally.
    However, this draft had some real talent well into the 5th.
    We have no depth on the WR corp. None
    The Kluwe issue is clearly personal. Drafting a punter and passing on a WR is madness.

That makes sense, but why is the ball in his body to begin with? Shortened stem? Poor angle coming out of the break? Bad throw by QB?

All are acceptable answers in my book but the original post I made was based on a scout who said the first two (route running).
    Possibly but it could be a matter of the route. Hitches, which he ran a lot of, bubbles etc, are routes that I can see this happening.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I would agree normally.
    However, this draft had some real talent well into the 5th.
    We have no depth on the WR corp. None
    The Kluwe issue is clearly personal. Drafting a punter and passing on a WR is madness.
    I agree with you kevon, 5th is awfully high to draft a punter. It does seem however that they were determined to replace Kluwe, and if so I am glad they made sure they picked up the one they thought was the best available rather than getting the best of what is left.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Possibly but it could be a matter of the route. Hitches, which he ran a lot of, bubbles etc, are routes that I can see this happening.
    The guy I was getting my drivel from said that when a WR doesn't do things consistently in his routes its hard for he and the QB to get synched. Again he used Plex and Eli as an example even though he openly contended that alot of the problem was Eli.

Patterson (and at that point we didn't know he was going to be a Viking) doesn't do anything consistent enough to get to the point were the QB will be able to put the ball at spot X so he can catch it out in front of him every time. He will either come out of his break late (ball way out in front) or will come out early (ball way behind him) at the level he is at now.

The good thing is, with coaching, he should be able to run the same stem consistently, come out of the break at the same angle consistently, etc etc etc.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast