Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    You know this how? Do teams call you for your in depth player evaluation or are you getting your data from a box of cracker jack?

I am actually impressed that you have such an acute sense of player talent and that you share it here for free to enlighten those of us who have no clue what diamonds were left laying in the rough.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    An interesting article.

From the article:
    For 253 young men, getting drafted on Thursday, Friday or Saturday will culminate a life dedicated to football. Peewee. High school. College. And now, The Show. For these fortunate few, they will have made it. They will have become professionals.

That is the dream. This is the reality: All that being drafted will assure is that the player has his first job out of college. It will not be his last. Two years from now, only 72 percent of the players drafted this week will remain on an active roster. By 2015, 35 percent will be done.

For the drafted rookie who has made an opening day roster in the last 10 years, the average playing career has been six years. In most cases, by his late 20s, a player's career will be over.
    NFL - After the draft is when the real work begins - ESPN

WWBGD

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    You know this how? Do teams call you for your in depth player evaluation or are you getting your data from a box of cracker jack?

I am actually impressed that you have such an acute sense of player talent and that you share it here for free to enlighten those of us who have no clue what diamonds were left laying in the rough.
    If you haven't figued out that this is all my opinion... then your not getting it. Why should I have to mention this is based on my opinion in each post. It should be assumed. Are scouts always right? Are they always perfect? Then lets leave the scouts out of this. God. Pulling the scouts card is old. We are having a convo man. If that was the case.. you shouldn't speak out against a coach, an owner, hell you shouldn't even say that Ponder threw a bad pass or that the WR ran a bad route. Do you know more about route running then they do? Is it from you expertise in route running? Certain things should be assumed

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I find it interesting that this is supposedly a passing league yet The Packers let their best one go and followed that up by taking 2 RBs in the draft.
    I don't.

They have 3 quality WR's already and have jack shit for a running game & everyone knows that. Jennings was expendable considering the young guys they have & the extra salary cap space they'd save to give Rodgers a new contract. They need a RB to have something for a running game to help take some of the pressure off.

Anyone who thinks because they signed a couple of RBs, that they are going to switch from a passing team to a team that pounds the ball as much as we do, is reaching. You don't pay a QB $110 million to hand off the rock.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-03-2013 at 05:37 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    There are just as many scouting reports that call him a "natural hands catcher" with lots of videos out there to back it up.

One guy explained it this way, which made alot of sense to me.......When he runs a clean route, he catches the ball in his hands, when he runs a bad route, the ball will get into his body some as he and the QB weren't on the same page when it came to were the ball was gonna be.

The guy actually used some clips of Plex when he and Eli were first getting synched. Plex's ability to catch it in front, up high, down low and even in his body were one of the things that made the two click.

Eventually the timing between the two got there. I think he is right in that as Ponder and Patterson work together the body catches (as well as the low, high, behind etc) will start to go away more and more.
    Sounds like you're already preparing your ammo for your "Ponder didn't miss him with bad passes. Patt ran a bad route. Patt didn't break when he was supposed to. Patt zigged when he should have zagged. Ponder needs a 4th year to get in sync with Patt & Jennings, which is also when QB's typically have their breakout season." defense. :P

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    The Pack has been one dimensional on offense for some time now. I only hope they stay that way, but they did draft ( can't think of his name right now) the RB out of Alabama, who is a solid downhill runner. If he comes in and starts, which I believe he will, their offense will only get better. I also believe they will be more of a passing team, with a solid run game also this season. Center is a question? for them, as is their offensive line. I think their D takes a step back also. I see us winning the Central this year, will be down to the last few games, but I can see us pulling it off.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I find it interesting that this is supposedly a passing league yet The Packers let their best one go and followed that up by taking 2 RBs in the draft.
    I don't.

They have 3 quality WR's already and have jack shit for a running game & everyone knows that. Jennings was expendable considering the young guys they have & the extra salary cap space they'd save to give Rodgers a new contract. They need a RB to have something for a running game to help take some of the pressure off.

Anyone who thinks because they signed a couple of RBs, that they are going to switch from a passing team to a team that pounds the ball as much as we do, is reaching. You don't pay a QB $110 million to hand off the rock.
    they won't run all the time but I bet they run a lot more this year than they have been running. Part of keeping the 110 million dollar QB around for the duration of his contract is to run the ball and save his arm while not subjecting him to the member of hits he takes.

they won't run all the time but I bet they run a lot more this year than they have been running. Part of keeping the 110 million dollar QB around for the duration of his contract is to run the ball and save his arm while not subjecting him to the member of hits he takes.
    I don't think they'll plan to run it more. The did run it 433 times last year compared to our 486. I think they are just looking to get a lot more production out of the runs they normally run. If they end up with a beast of a RB, they may change that plan.

They only averaged 3.9 yards per carry & their top RB only had 464 yards. Team total was 1,702.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Sounds like you're already preparing your ammo for your "Ponder didn't miss him with bad passes. Patt ran a bad route. Patt didn't break when he was supposed to. Patt zigged when he should have zagged. Ponder needs a 4th year to get in sync with Patt & Jennings, which is also when QB's typically have their breakout season." defense. :P
    Thats what you got out of that post? WOW

Just to clarify, so that you don't come back spewing forth the wrong drivelllllllll.....

We run a very precise, timed passing attack. What that means is the player package is sent in, the play concept is called in the huddle, the QB and WR make sight adjustments (pre-snap) out of the concept when they get to the line and then they run the play.

Now here comes the hard part that you seem to miss.....

BOTH THE QB AND THE WR have to make the same sight adjustments. BOTH of them. If they don't the ball is going to be off the spot regardless of who is right or wrong.

HOPEFULLY the QB will be right more than he is wrong because he has to see the same thing that ALL the WR's are seeing not just one.

So yes, my contention, in most instances, is if the ball was off the spot, it was a bad adjustment by the WR. Again, one more time for possible penetration, doesn't mean the QB wasn't at fault. It just means that the odds are it was the WR.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I don't.

They've had quality WR's for many many years old friend. They haven't drafted a high round RB since 06 or 07 and a few years in there they didn't draft any, even when their running game sucked.

This years approach is vastly different to what they've done over the last 10 years or so.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast