Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I believe it was better than average. We got players (who were all as far as I know) projected to go higher than we picked them & they were all player positions of need. In some cases great need.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    No offense to anyone, but who cares what the Chargers did? What I care about is how we did against the other teams in the division, and how we stacked up against the conference. Otherwise, BFD!
    +1

WWBGD

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I know everyone is rolling their eyes to this but I must say now that we have completed the draft. I think we made a lot of noise but we did not accomplish a whole lot when you look at what other teams did. We had a slightly average draft...

Best draft has to go to the Chargers.
    Flucker, Te'o and Allen is as good a draft as to Floyd, Patterson, Rhodes and we had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to work with. They only had 3. All of those players were considered by many in the top 3 of their positions. Lets just say the other players selected after that leave a lot to be desired. I know everyone envisions our 4th and 6th round Lb as Hall of Famers already but more realistically, they will be average Lbs.

All in all... i liked the move to trade up but we overpaid and it derailed our draft. Being able to keep two 4th would have been huge. Missing out on adding two WRs ( troubled) that are legitimate weapons to the crew is inexcusable. Simpson, Wright and Childs are not the answer to our issues.

Grade C+
    Can't speak for everyone, but, you are correct...I'm rolling my eyes.

I'm happy with the Draft and don't give a shit about the Chargers.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

Wouldn't one expect a team drafting higher to have a better draft? The Vikings may have three great players on paper, but they gave up a lot to get two of them.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Sorry for the late responses but I was at a flag football tournament.

To address most of the statements here I am going to make a general response. I'm not saying that we didn't have a good first round. We did. However, it crippled the rest of our draft. I am simply pointed out that the chargers had a similar draft without 2 first rounders.

1. Many mentioned the reach of Fluker. I'm not sure that he is being drafted to play LT. He is a RT and a damn good one. The best RT in the draft. If moved inside, scouts expect him to be the best guard in the draft. I believe he will play RT and excell there. If that is the case it is not a reach. They took a all pro player at the position.

2. The demise of Te'o is grossly overrated. Yes he was catfished but you have the guy that was voted the best defensive player in the nation. 1 bad game won't remove that. Look at where they got him, Possibly the best player at their position

3. Allen... taken in the 3rd round is a huge steal. I don't buy the slow healer. I buy that the kid pushed himself too soon. My points being, he is a talent and selecting him in the 3rd was acoop...

Lets address our picks.

1) Floyd shot up the charts around the combine before that time.... Star( DT from Utah) was the choice to go first. In fact prior to the combine...who hear made a comment that they wanted him? Please provide a post. Most were talking about Sylvester Williams, the kid from OHS and the guy fom Mizz. Dont't get me wrong,, I love the pick and I think he should be taken as the 3nd DT in this draft.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

What did we do outside of the 1st round that you are happy about?
    We need to find depth in the middle rounds. We got nothing 4 - 7.
    We had 11 draft picks and you guys are gushing over 3. What did we do with the rest?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    What did we do outside of the 1st round that you are happy about?
    We need to find depth in the middle rounds. We got nothing 4 - 7.
    We had 11 draft picks and you guys are gushing over 3. What did we do with the rest?
    Check out the Penn State linebackers we got. Gerald Hodges and Michael Mauti. Both of them were great picks in my opinion. Instant chemistry and incredible value!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I think we did OK. It's a little early to say that we got nothing in rounds 4-7. We'll know in a couple of years. We may have a gem in there. Glass is still half full for me.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Extremely solid draft in my opinion! Floyd will end up replacing Kevin Williams, Rhodes will start at CB and replace Antoine Winfield, while Patterson will be Harvin's replacement. 3 solid starters right there at positions of need. Also looks like Kluwe may be hitting the road - looking forward to see Locke punt. Some promise even in the late draft picks. Manti Te'o was NOT the answer! Grade: A.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    I am not really even sure where to start smh. Not only did we address are needs but we did it with arguably the top guys out there for DT, CB, and WR. I also believe we got steals in both LBers we drafted. The punter was kinda weird but he is a stud. The 2 Gs were needed and seem to be getting good reviews. This could turn out to be the best draft ever imo. Teo looked average in the big game. I am not impressed at all with their draft.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast