Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The guy I was getting my drivel from said that when a WR doesn't do things consistently in his routes its hard for he and the QB to get synched. Again he used Plex and Eli as an example even though he openly contended that alot of the problem was Eli.

Patterson (and at that point we didn't know he was going to be a Viking) doesn't do anything consistent enough to get to the point were the QB will be able to put the ball at spot X so he can catch it out in front of him every time. He will either come out of his break late (ball way out in front) or will come out early (ball way behind him) at the level he is at now.

The good thing is, with coaching, he should be able to run the same stem consistently, come out of the break at the same angle consistently, etc etc etc.
    Mentality is that the ball should be thrown to a spot. Its not on the QB to adjust tot he WR. The QB needs to make the same throw. Unfortunately we don't know because Bray was inconsistent as a QB.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I would agree normally.
    However, this draft had some real talent well into the 5th.
    We have no depth on the WR corp. None
    The Kluwe issue is clearly personal. Drafting a punter and passing on a WR is madness.
    OK, now we are getting some place.

What WR in the 5th do you think will make our Roster? Remembering of course I think our WR corps will look like this...

X - Simpson - Backup Jennings/Patterson/Wright
    Z - Jennings - Backup Patterson
    Y - Wright - Backup Jennings/Patterson
    Patterson
    Burton
    Childs
    Summers

Maybe Swope, he was a fan favorite in the mock chat rooms. Wilson, Mellette? Not many my friend.

2013 NFL Draft Tracker

I am extremely happy that they grabbed a kid that can improve your field position every time he touches the ball, give you a nice option at Kick Offs (saves Blair if necessary) who also has alot of work holding for FG's as apposed to a WR who would only make the team as your 5th WR and only then if one of your other young guys didn't grow from last year to this year as expected.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mentality is that the ball should be thrown to a spot. Its not on the QB to adjust tot he WR. The QB needs to make the same throw. Unfortunately we don't know because Bray was inconsistent as a QB.
    Good point on Bray.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

OK, now we are getting some place.

What WR in the 5th do you think will make our Roster? Remembering of course I think our WR corps will look like this...

X - Simpson - Backup Jennings/Patterson/Wright
    Z - Jennings - Backup Patterson
    Y - Wright - Backup Jennings/Patterson
    Patterson
    Burton
    Childs
    Summers

Maybe Swope, he was a fan favorite in the mock chat rooms. Wilson, Mellette? Not many my friend.

2013 NFL Draft Tracker

I am extremely happy that they grabbed a kid that can improve your field position every time he touches the ball, give you a nice option at Kick Offs (saves Blair if necessary) who also has alot of work holding for FG's as apposed to a WR who would only make the team as your 5th WR and only then if one of your other young guys didn't grow from last year to this year as expected.
    Wilson, Rodgers.
    Trade up to get Stills

Those three wrs have the ability to give us considerable playing time.
    The kid is 23 or so ( Blair) why are we saving his leg?

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Don't forget that Webb is going to be a receiver this year as well.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Don't forget that Webb is going to be a receiver this year as well.
    Good point RK. I'm just not sure what that cat brings to the table as I've never studied him as a WR.

Initially when they drafted him I did, but then he moved back to QB right away. I'd almost like to see them have him add 10 to 15 lbs and plug in as a H-back.

Could you imagine what defenses would do when they say AD lined up behind him in an "I" formation?

The options that could come out of that would be fun to draw up as well.

Wilson, Rodgers.
    Trade up to get Stills

Those three wrs have the ability to give us considerable playing time.
    The kid is 23 or so ( Blair) why are we saving his leg?
    You would have to mortgage a pick from next year to move up.

"Saving" is probably a bad word. Maybe he has a hammy or something that only allows him to kick FG's. You still have a guy who can put it out of the endzone.

You would have to mortgage a pick from next year to move up.

"Saving" is probably a bad word. Maybe he has a hammy or something that only allows him to kick FG's. You still have a guy who can put it out of the endzone.
    In a draft this deep. Is giving up a 6th next year that bad.
    And we wouldn't have to give up anything for Rodgers and or Wilson.

In a draft this deep. Is giving up a 6th next year that bad.
    And we wouldn't have to give up anything for Rodgers and or Wilson.
    Or maybe Rodgers brother. I wonder how many knew he was in the draft this year. LOL, JK, I digress, ......

Kindof really knit picking when we are worrying about a 5th round pick don't you think.

Or maybe Rodgers brother. I wonder how many knew he was in the draft this year. LOL, JK, I digress, ......

Kindof really knit picking when we are worrying about a 5th round pick don't you think.
    Nah!
    You know my point of contention. The mid rounders are there to build your team. Late rounders are there to find gems. We can't have 5 first rounders in 2 drafts continue.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast