Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Nothing Wrong With Williamson

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "gtinker63" wrote:
    Ya know, if he only had decent hands...It doesn't seem like he even tries either...like he almost expects to drop 75% of the balls that come his way now....
    75% of the balls?
    Come on.
    He catches way more than that.
    This season his problem wasn't the dropsies it was just that he didn't get the opportunities.
    I agree Troy is a goner after the season but don't throw him under the bus and say he doesn't even care and drops 75% of the passes his way.
    BS, we have rookie WRs who make more out of their playing time than Williamson.
    All of our receivers have dropped balls this season. Some even moreso than Williams. Show me a stat of catchable balls thrown to our receivers this year & how many have been caught & how many have been dropped.

Don't be dwelling on last year like many of you are. This year Troy has caught most of the catchable passes thrown his way.

I just LMAO at the riduculousness here when someone accuses Troy of dropping a ball when the ball is overthrown or off its mark & he doesn't even get a finger on it.

Sorry boys, no matter how you slice it, that is not a dropped ball.

I was sitting next to a PP.O member at one of the earlier games this season & there was a pass that was overthrown past T-Will that was uncatchable. I turned to him & said, "You just watch, someone will start a thread bashing him for dropping that ball".

LMAO, sure enough, some hater did & it had several replies.
    I don't care a bout dropped balls, that's not my point. I care about the fact that pretty much everytime he's out of the lineup, he gets outperformed by whoever takes his spot as the starter.
    When Ferguson was first here I believe he played in place of T-Will. He was dropping balls right & left & some people here wanted us to cut him. He has gotten more opportunities & has really picked up his game. Last week was a great example of that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Json is offline GM

Williamson has not performed that well since being draft and thats the bottom line and should go at years end.
    It seems to me that over the season Childress has lost some respect for Williamson.
    I can't recall the last decent remark he's made about him besides in training camp he said that he felt Williamson had made some strides expecially with his eyes.

I'm not sure exactly what's happened over the course of the year but I agree with a few others that Williamson will be gone next season.
    It's too bad IMO because I really had some high hopes for the guy but like Italian Stallion said it just seems he never took advantages of his opportunitys when they where given and a few other guys came up with a few more plays to push WIlliiamson back even further on the depth chart.

Seems to me that both Williamson and Erasmus James will turn out to be 1st round busts.
    Not that Erasmus didn't have the talent but injuries are injuries so neither of them have helped win games for the vikes which qualify's as a bust IMO.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

When Ferguson was first here I believe he played in place of T-Will. He was dropping balls right & left & some people here wanted us to cut him. He has gotten more opportunities & has really picked up his game. Last week was a great example of that.
    Are you arguing for or against Ferguson.
    Last time I checked Williamson has been here 3 years now, Ferguson had just gotten here.
    But ignoring the fact that Williamson is having his worst season statistically to this point (although he can catch, yay!), it getting outperformed on returns by a rookie (and most everyone who decides to), and clearly has demonstrated throughout the season that his heart and mind are elsewhere, lets look at the statistics per average start

Bobby Wade
    3.2 catches-38 yards- 0.1TDs

Sidney Rice
    2.8 catches-44 yards- 0.5 TDs (and has produced relatively well as a backup)

Robert Ferguson
    2.6 catches-28 yards-0.2 TDs

Troy Williamson
    1.4 catches-23 yards-0.14 TDs

Hmm last in pretty much every category

Some thoughts:

Aundrae Allison has as many touchdowns as Williamson does this year and he has never started, rarely plays as a WR and was not even active for 5 games

Sidney Rice has more TDs than Williamson does in his career, in 25 less games (17 less as a starter)

Adrian Peterson has tied Williamson's career TD mark in 2 separate games this year (3TDs)

Kevin Williams has more career TDs than Williamson

Darren Sharper has as many TD catches (INTs) as Williamson the past 3 seasons

But no, I agree, Williamson will be a playmaker, he just needs more "opportunity".

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Are you arguing for or against Ferguson.
    Last time I checked Williamson has been here 3 years now, Ferguson had just gotten here.
    But ignoring the fact that Williamson is having his worst season statistically to this point (although he can catch, yay!), it getting outperformed on returns by a rookie (and most everyone who decides to), and clearly has demonstrated throughout the season that his heart and mind are elsewhere, lets look at the statistics per average start

Bobby Wade
    3.2 catches-38 yards- 0.1TDs

Sidney Rice
    2.8 catches-44 yards- 0.5 TDs (and has produced relatively well as a backup)

Robert Ferguson
    2.6 catches-28 yards-0.2 TDs

Troy Williamson
    1.4 catches-23 yards-0.14 TDs

Hmm last in pretty much every category

Some thoughts:

Aundrae Allison has as many touchdowns as Williamson does this year and he has never started, rarely plays as a WR and was not even active for 5 games

Sidney Rice has more TDs than Williamson does in his career, in 25 less games (17 less as a starter)

Adrian Peterson has tied Williamson's career TD mark in 2 separate games this year (3TDs)

Kevin Williams has more career TDs than Williamson

Darren Sharper has as many TD catches (INTs) as Williamson the past 3 seasons

But no, I agree, Williamson will be a playmaker, he just needs more "opportunity".

Now that puts some things into perspective.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The Minneapolis Star Tribune in their "Access Vikings" is reporting the following"
    Receiver Troy Williamson visited the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday to get a second opinion on the headaches he has been experiencing since suffering a concussion on Nov. 25 against the Giants.

“He saw two people down at Mayo,” coach Brad Childress said. “They said that they essentially couldn’t find anything to hang their hat on. No abnormalities. He can handle some of that stuff with Tylenol.”

This means that if Williamson does not play Monday night against Chicago it will be a team decision and not related to his health.
    Is he afraid to play or does Childress just not want him on the field anymore?
    Whether or not he plays again this season, I don't think he'll be back next year.
    Thats probably not a bad thing.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

He's done...too bad.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

How anyone can stick up for Twill is beyond me. Hes underacheived since the day he was drafted, Hes had his chances and failed while other WRs have stepped it up. Hes caused more turmoil thens hes worth. I hope we droped him and the fudgepackers pick him up.

carolinafan is offline Rookie

"CCthebest" wrote:
    How anyone can stick up for Twill is beyond me. Hes underacheived since the day he was drafted, Hes had his chances and failed while other WRs have stepped it up. Hes caused more turmoil thens hes worth. I hope we droped him and the fudgepackers pick him up.
    Hey, if the Mayo clinic said his head doesn't hurt, then it must be true?
    My wife's headaches must not be real either.
    She had a CT scan that was normal.
    Yet her head hurts so bad that she can't see 5 days out of 7.
    I know tons of people with migraines that have normal exams.
    There's a hundred reasons for headaches but if a doctor can't find anything, then there's nothing wrong..........right?
    I mean, doctor's are gods aren't they.
    You people amaze me.

Frostbite is offline Coach

I just don't know about Williamson but the team seems to give up on players to early on occasion. Some of these players end up on other teams and shine down the road. I believe Troy may be one of these. He isn't helping us currently so it's probably time to turn the man loose, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on and plays better for another team.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I just don't know about Williamson but the team seems to give up on players to early on occasion. Some of these players end up on other teams and shine down the road. I believe Troy may be one of these. He isn't helping us currently so it's probably time to turn the man loose, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on and plays better for another team.

Cheers!
    i would rather have williamson for one more year... and then if doesnt do anything then cut the ties... but i agree we will probably lose him after this year

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast