Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Notes on Final Pre-Season Game (vs. Dallas)

"ejmat" wrote:
    As bad as the special teams looked remember most of those guys will not make the team.
    Special teams in preseason are mainly to give younger guys opportunity to prove themselves.
    I'm not sure how good or bad they will be but you can't rely on what you saw last night.
    But I would give Longwell and Kluwe a tackling clinic just in case.
    I watched the highlight on NFL.com and it looked like Kluwe was expecting a juke and the guy just ran straight through him.
    I know he's a kicker but cmon FreakinVikingsBaby could have at least slowed him down a little more than that.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    As bad as the special teams looked remember most of those guys will not make the team.
    Special teams in preseason are mainly to give younger guys opportunity to prove themselves.
    I'm not sure how good or bad they will be but you can't rely on what you saw last night.
    But I would give Longwell and Kluwe a tackling clinic just in case.
    I watched the highlight on NFL.com and it looked like Longwell was expecting juke and the guy just ran straight through him.
    I know he's a kicker but cmon FreakinVikingsBaby could have at least slowed him down a little more than that.
    I noticed Memo looking lost on that coverage team play as well, I wonder how much practise time he had with the coverage team and tackling drills

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

He stares down his receivers the second the ball is snapped. I predict Boll or Holcolmb will start game 3.
    It's interesting. The Manning boys and father were holding a football clinic in their hometown. There was a quote from Payton Manning in the article that went like this:
    "Look off. Look off. Always look off. You don't need to watch the receiver," he tells the teenage campers.
    Apparently TJ never went to Manning's camp or learned it in high school.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

good preseason game, watched it up north whiole I was shingling the roof of my in-laws. One thing I realize, TJ is like a rookie out there...staring down recievers...and darn it I was glad to see him throw a deep ball. Just damn i think if Holcomb wants to mentor teach TJ deffinitly not to stare down a reciever..look off. I was QB in NYC, and I learned that pretty well myself LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234