Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Notes on Final Pre-Season Game (vs. Dallas)

Record will be 6-10 to 9-7 almost completely dependent on turnovers.

Defense must create turnovers and even score off some for us to be competitive while TJack gets his experience.
    This is reliant on the ability to get pressure on the QB, which, hopefully, we can do.

Special team, as I said in an earlier post...I will reserve comment, based on Ferraro's quiet confidence depicted in his comments, until after the first four games.
    Haven't seen squat last year or so far in the exhibition season.

As I think back over the few times we've had a young QB to break in (I go back a long way), TJack has the biggest challenge of them all, with the exception of Joe Kapp and, perhaps, Fran Tarkenton.
    Think about it, Tommy Kramer had alot of help around him, as did Daunte Culpepper.
    Childress sees something in TJack that many, many fans don't.
    Truth is, it is impossible to judge right now.
    It is not impossible to predict, which is all anyone is doing right now.
    I think it far to early to judge...there simply isn't enough history in real game situations.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    TJack had BETTER get more accurate REAL QUICK...or we will be giving up major field position on turnovers...which is NOT GOOD!

He just needs to be as mistake-free as possible...the running game and defense can take care of the rest.
    last week he seemed quite accurate, i think he will be fine just needs to get in a grove

I agree he has been throwing good strikes.
    But I have a question.
    I didn't see the game last night.
    Did Wade play at all?

He is on the money with Wade.

From the articles that I have read, seems like he was throwing to the other WRs last night and just wasn't on the same page.

An optimist would note that Jackson did not throw an interception and took only one sack for no yards this preseason, but he looked shaky Thursday night.
    Rice, with his athleticism gives a QB the opp to be a little inaccurate because Rice will go get the ball wherever it is at.
    Got to get him on the field for Red Zone offense.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"snowinapril" wrote:

I agree he has been throwing good strikes.

But I have a question.
    I didn't see the game last night.
    Did Wade play at all?
    No. They rested his ankle.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

The good:

Rice and Wade. I think this year we will actually have receivers who can not only run routes, but can make athletic catches.

The run game. Tayor, AD and Memo. Prolly the best 3some in the NFL.

I dont think the D is as good as some here think, but I think we will be an overall top 10 D. I friggin love Robinson and Greenway.

The Bad:

TJ isnt ready to be a starter in the NFL. His luck will run out and all those bad throws will be picked off. He wasnt even close to completing the pass to Twill who was wide open and ready to go into the endzone (if he didnt drop the pass of course). He stares down his receivers the second the ball is snapped. I predict Boll or Holcolmb will start game 3.

We wont win 7 games this year.

The special teams is the worst ive ever seen. They actually get worse and worse. Even though Longwell looked better. Hes going to get alot of redzone work this year, he better be able to nail the chipshots.
    The right side of the lie still sucks. Hope we can pick up someone better then johnson, hicks, herra, and cook.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    The good:

Rice and Wade. I think this year we will actually have receivers who can not only run routes, but can make athletic catches.

I dont think the D is as good as some here think, but I think we will be an overall top 10 D. I friggin love Robinson and Greenway.

The Bad:

TJ isnt ready to be a starter in the NFL. His luck will run out and all those bad throws will be picked off. He wasnt even close to completing the pass to Twill who was wide open and ready to go into the endzone (if he didnt drop the pass of course). He stares down his receivers the second the ball is snapped. I predict Boll or Holcolmb will start game 3.

The special teams is the worst ive ever seen. They actually get worse and worse. Even though Longwell looked better. Hes going to get alot of redzone work this year, he better be able to nail the chipshots.
    The right side of the lie still sucks. Hope we can pick up someone better then johnson, hicks, herra, and cook.
    As bad as the special teams looked remember most of those guys will not make the team.
    Special teams in preseason are mainly to give younger guys opportunity to prove themselves.
    I'm not sure how good or bad they will be but you can't rely on what you saw last night.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"CCthebest" wrote:
    The good:

The Bad:

I'M SCREAMING KEYDRICK VINCENT!!!!!!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"happy" wrote:
    I'm guessing our special teams coverage units will be better for the season. Paul Allen spoke this morning about how many of the players playing in special teams during the preseason will not be the same during the regular season. Mike Mayock comfirmed this also during the Vikings TV broadcast.
    yea but still u heard childress.A 95 yard kickoff return for a td should not be alowed no matter who is covering

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

All I can say is that Sidney Rice is a stud. Fergie has some potential too. Our WR's are alot better than what they've been given credit for.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Slade" wrote:
    All I can say is that Sidney Rice is a stud. Fergie has some potential too. Our WR's are alor better than what they've been given credit for.
    Very true.
    Fergie is actually a good WR, he just has injury issues.
    If he can stay healthy...
    And Wade and Rice have really looked good to me so far.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, I'm very excited. At least with Holcomb on board, TJack knows that its time to show what he has. Some QB's perform better when there is competition. I hope TJack steps it up. He's young, raw & very talented. He could be like Vince Young for all we know. Hey, at least he's not Ryan Leaf!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast