Thread: NOT TO WORRY!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

NOT TO WORRY!

All the coaching changes that are happening now with the Vikings may all be just a smoke screen. The reports are all leaning like Red is about to sell the team. This time it sounds serious and if it does come to pass in the next month it will probably mean Tice will be out and so will his assistants. Take heart there may be a silver lining in them there clouds!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

NOT TO WORRY!

Why would all the coaching staff be out, wouldn't that be a breach in all of their contracts?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

NOT TO WORRY!

No the contract is with the previous owner all bets are off when a new owner takes over.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

NOT TO WORRY!

"dan3ski" wrote:
    No the contract is with the previous owner all bets are off when a new owner takes over.
    Cajun should probably weigh in on this for the legal side. But I think the contract is with the team, not the owner. If they were released, they would at least get the $ from their contracts. Personally I'd like to see them stay, and see what they can do with another excellent draft and an injury free season.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NOT TO WORRY!

agreed

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NOT TO WORRY!

"SKOL" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    Cajun should probably weigh in on this for the legal side. But I think the contract is with the team, not the owner. If they were released, they would at least get the $ from their contracts. Personally I'd like to see them stay, and see what they can do with another excellent draft and an injury free season.
    Contracts are almost always with the franchise, so when the franchise is sold, it is sold with all of its assets AND liabilities (read: contracts)...of course, any contract can be traded, bought out or modified by mutual agreement. My personal opinion is that the new owners would not want Red to make any deals before he sold the team to them, they would want to make their own deals after the sale is complete...so I doubt that Moss will be dealt in the near future IF the team is going to be sold. However, IF Red is NOT selling the team, then Moss could well be on the trading block...time will tell. My guess is that Red WON'T trade Moss because the contract is very cap friendly and Moss sells tickets.

Disclaimer: This does not in any manner constitute legal advice from the author of this particular post to anyone who may read this message board post.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

NOT TO WORRY!

They'd get the buy out, but I believe the previous owner can be left on the hook for it.