washhead is offline Waterboy

Not sad to see Randy go one bit

I know I don't post too often, but after reading what everyone is saying about the Moss (potential) trade I had to speak up. In my opinion it's a good move.

Am I the only one who remembers what a clubhouse cancer the guy is/was? How his own teammates had a hard time defending his actions? How the week before the biggest game of the season the talk wasn't about beating the Eagles but about Randy's ass?

Am I the only one who remembers 84 slowly jogging down the field not even looking back at the line of scrimmage while Culpepper scrambles for his life desperately searching for an open receiver (this one happened more than once in my memory)?

I got sick of Moss and his crap. It was obvious that he didn't want to be here anymore and that he doesn't care too much about the team, just about himself.

I would have liked to see the Vikes get a bit more in return, but I'm satisifed. I hope they something good with the 7 pick.

I have no doubt that Randy will have a HUGE season next year -- why? Because now he has something to play for (winning's not enough for him, he needs a better reason than rings to play hard), and proving the trade was a mistake will light the fire under his ass that hasn't been there for about 4 years now.

Again, I'm happy with the trade. Looks like I'm in the minority, but I think the team will be better off without him.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Not sad to see Randy go one bit

Randy threads all over already. Here's a good one for ya

http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=7729

Welcome BTW.