Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 93
  1. #11
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    I d be pleased If TJack make his job done,plain and simple,I don´t expect him to make 50 yard passes or 80 % comps,give the ball to PurpleJesus and complete that 5-10 yard passes to move the chains ,with this D in theory scoring about 15-20 per game can put us iin playoff range.I know is
    still a youngster but I only have a request for him"Don´t cost us the games..."



    El underdog.

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    ...But with every one on each side of the fence what will it take this year for TJack to sway you one way or another or perhaps the opposite of the way you feel now?...
    I disagree with your premise.
    I see some people that think TJack is a wash and other people are willing to give him more than one season before they judge him.
    Hell, what is even harder to comprehend is that some of us are even willing to give him 3 or 4 years before we judge him.

    ;D

    Those of us that are willing to do that understand that there isn't anything better out there in the FA market and realize that we would go through all the same growing pains again, if a rookie were given the helm of the Vikings ship.

    Love the idea for the thread and I applaud everyones efforts to date, but this will turn into a Pro/Anti TJ discussion regardless of reality.....

    A.
    He will be better this year and the offense will look more improved but he will also have his moments that will cause all of us to scratch our head and say WTF!!!!!!!
    The ones who dislike him just because he is associated with the Chiller and because of his performance to date will ignore the positives and focus on the negatives regardless of his win loss record or how he does managing the game.

    B.
    Its still a team sport.....Regardless of how much he's matured, it still all starts up front.
    If the OL doesn't do thier job then he will struggle, just as we see every QB struggle when he is getting chased all over the damn field. The we can throw in the wild card of WR's getting open and hanging onto the damn ball.

    Again, the ones who dislike him will ignore the fact that the OL doesn't give him a clean pocket or WR's drop key balls etc etc.

    Long story short, nothing he does will ever be good enough for them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as midgensa.

    I'm a supporter of T-Jack.
    And will continue to be until he proves he's NOT an NFL starter.
    How bad does he need to play for me to believe that?
    Pretty bad and consistently bad.
    More INTs than TDs, if he were a turnover king (Daunte anybody?), completion <%50, QB rating of SUCK, etc.

    I will say that the Vikings still need another offensive playmaker.
    Not the level of Adrian, but a star none the less.
    I don't care if he is a TE or WR, but in order to FULLY get the most of T-Jack, I think he needs a big playmaking receiver.
    Until then, we are just ranking a part of Jackson.

    And if he doesn't pan out, I LOVE the Booty pick.
    I think he'll be an extremely serviceable QB, and with a few serviceable years from T-Jack, Booty will get all the time he needs and then some to absorb Chilly's playbook.
    I don't understand the comparison of Dante to Jackson. Dante has done more in half a season that TJ has done his whole career. I know many of you hate Dante but atleast give the guy the respect he deserves. He was, possible is a great QB. At this point Jackson has to hop he can accomplish what Dante has.
    I'm not going to rip on Daunte becasue I was a fan while he was here.
    However, I was also a realist.
    The fact is Daunte never really accomplished a lot.
    He had a couple of good seasons (one great season).
    However, when it came to wins and losses he was under .500.
    When the game was on the line he very rarely did anything to help the team win.
    He had a lot of fumbles.
    He threw a lot if INTs.
    He also threw a lot of TDs which when you had a line like he did up to the 2005 season and a WR like Randy Moss, I wouldn't expect anything less.

    Now you see what Daunte is really about.
    He never learned how to read defenses well and has a lot of trouble making good decisions.
    On a positive note I think he played 100% every play however, he should have translated that in the film room as well.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    "ejmat" wrote:
    I'm not going to rip on Daunte becasue I was a fan while he was here.
    However, I was also a realist.
    The fact is Daunte never really accomplished a lot.
    He had a couple of good seasons (one great season).
    However, when it came to wins and losses he was under .500.
    When the game was on the line he very rarely did anything to help the team win.
    He had a lot of fumbles.
    He threw a lot if INTs.
    He also threw a lot of TDs which when you had a line like he did up to the 2005 season and a WR like Randy Moss, I wouldn't expect anything less.

    Now you see what Daunte is really about.
    He never learned how to read defenses well and has a lot of trouble making good decisions.
    On a positive note I think he played 100% every play however, he should have translated that in the film room as well.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    "ejmat" wrote:

    I'm not going to rip on Daunte becasue I was a fan while he was here.
    However, I was also a realist.
    The fact is Daunte never really accomplished a lot.
    He had a couple of good seasons (one great season).
    However, when it came to wins and losses he was under .500.
    When the game was on the line he very rarely did anything to help the team win.
    He had a lot of fumbles.
    He threw a lot if INTs.
    He also threw a lot of TDs which when you had a line like he did up to the 2005 season and a WR like Randy Moss, I wouldn't expect anything less.

    Now you see what Daunte is really about.
    He never learned how to read defenses well and has a lot of trouble making good decisions.
    On a positive note I think he played 100% every play however, he should have translated that in the film room as well.
    I'll reiterate what I said on page 1. First off, football is a team sport & you have to play good ball on both sides of it. Offense & Defense.

    Our defense is what cost us many of those games during those years. Despite our high powered offense & scoring enough points to win ball games, our defense, prevent as it was, managed to give up more points than we scored.

    Go back & look at the scores of those 42 games we lost. In 15 of them we put up between 22 to 38 points & still lost the game.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    You can mull over expected stats for ages, but in the end everyone here will judge TJ's performance based on what they saw him do during the actual games. If he has a full season of Denver-like games, sweet. If he has a full season of Detroit-like games, not sweet.

    I just want to see a definable step forward in his play. More comfort in the pocket. Quicker reads. More accurate deep balls.

    You can't define those things with stats, but improved QB play, a major upgrade over Twill, and a defense that has not lost a beat should be wnough to get into the playoffs.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    This season should give us a great opportunity to see what the kid is made of. He's going to see 8 guys in the box almost every play. He'll to have to learn how to make quick reads and accurate passes or else we could see a new QB by week 6... but I don't anticipate him getting benched. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    "V" wrote:
    You can mull over expected stats for ages, but in the end everyone here will judge TJ's performance based on what they saw him do during the actual games. If he has a full season of Denver-like games, sweet. If he has a full season of Detroit-like games, not sweet.

    I just want to see a definable step forward in his play. More comfort in the pocket. Quicker reads. More accurate deep balls.

    You can't define those things with stats, but improved QB play, a major upgrade over Twill, and a defense that has not lost a beat should be wnough to get into the playoffs.
    +1

    As to what it will take for me to want TJack back for another year... I think he needs to perform better than any of the QB available in FA next season in order for me to be happy.
    I also think that, regardless of how he plays this season, next season he will be open to competition from our younger QBs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    If he played consistent all year, the stats wouldn't matter. I think we have to make the playoffs. We have a playoff caliber team and anything less would be a let down not only to us fans but to Wilf because the money he was willing to spend this year. TJ needs to prove that he can limit turnovers. He has proved to be a good passer and scrambler but needs to be consistent. If he can do this then I am all for him staying. There is no doubt he has talent but he needs to take that next step NOW!

  10. #20
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: Not a pro/anti Tjack thread but an honest question

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

    I'm not going to rip on Daunte becasue I was a fan while he was here.
    However, I was also a realist.
    The fact is Daunte never really accomplished a lot.
    He had a couple of good seasons (one great season).
    However, when it came to wins and losses he was under .500.
    When the game was on the line he very rarely did anything to help the team win.
    He had a lot of fumbles.
    He threw a lot if INTs.
    He also threw a lot of TDs which when you had a line like he did up to the 2005 season and a WR like Randy Moss, I wouldn't expect anything less.

    Now you see what Daunte is really about.
    He never learned how to read defenses well and has a lot of trouble making good decisions.
    On a positive note I think he played 100% every play however, he should have translated that in the film room as well.
    I'll reiterate what I said on page 1. First off, football is a team sport & you have to play good ball on both sides of it. Offense & Defense.

    Our defense is what cost us many of those games during those years. Despite our high powered offense & scoring enough points to win ball games, our defense, prevent as it was, managed to give up more points than we scored.

    Go back & look at the scores of those 42 games we lost. In 15 of them we put up between 22 to 38 points & still lost the game.
    Singer you are falling on deaf ears. Lets not forget we had no run game in many of those years as well. I think Pepper did fumble a bit too much, however, we was asked to do way too much to win games. No defense, no run game = failure. No one looks back and questions where was the defense?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Honest question....do the Refs hate us?
    By CCthebest in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 02:17 AM
  2. Question on Tjack rumor, hopefully a false alarm.
    By farvathevikinglover in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 09:44 PM
  3. The ask a woman a question thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
  4. Official ANTI-Veron Davis Thread
    By shockzilla in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
  5. ..this is an honest question..and at 4 weeks....
    By MattShortNB81 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 03:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •