Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

it is NOT possible for our players..........

to be this bad. they do not even play like NFL players and they do not seem to care! it is time for frankentice to go, and he can take all his staff with him. our players deserve much more.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

Re: it is NOT possible for our players..........

That was my concern all offseason. People blamed the losing on non-talented players, wanted good players booted, cheered when some were. The problem still remains we supposedly have more talent but no one to coach them.

Seriously, freaking logically look where our entire coaching staff came from, look at the total lack of experience. Now how can you honestly pretend the guy is good?

And I am sorry, I tried to change my mind on old Teddy but that guy sucks, I'm going to go with Herm Edwards on the reason why he was fired from NY was not that he had personal problems with herm, but that he ran their defense into the ground.

Sorry to tell all the Cottrell fanbois out there, two good seasons many moons ago doesn't meen shit. The guy is a joke.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

donnie hnederson's defense is the truth...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

diesavike is offline Rookie

I can't see how this staff could be back next year, if they make it through this year. I've tried to keep a level head about them but enough is enough already, I know we have the talent. There's just something these coaches are not doing right.
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

Del Rio Guest

"Leading the NFL in rushing, the Falcons had already eclipsed their average by halftime with 205 yards. Even Schaub, who hardly has Vick's running skills, rushed for 57 yards on three carries."

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I'll take another stab at completing your sentence:

it is NOT possible for our players..........
    to overcome adversity.

If they get down, they stay down. I'm not talking about the score, though that is part of it. I'm talking about their mentality. They seem to have a long memory, and that's a dangerous thing in sports. If you make a mistake, you have to forget about it, and move on. If that mistake is in the back of your head, you will start making your decisions based on not making that mistake again instead, instead of focusing on winning the game. Once you lose that as your focus, you've lost the game. I don't know if you can put the blame for that on any one source, but it's the coaching staff's job to fix it, and they're not doing their job.

We all know that in the past Culpepper has had problems with this. He hangs on to his mistakes, and tries too hard to fix it. If we know it, the coaching staff should know it, and have a support system in place to make sure Daunte is focusing on the next drive, not the last. They don't seem to have that in place. That's just one example, and the most obvious one at that, but based on how the team is playing, it doesn't seem as though Culpepper is the only one with that problem. Until the coaching staff finds a way to create a forward focused atmosphere, the Vikings will continue to be a front-running team that can't come from behind. Until the coaching staff delivers the defense we were promised, I don't see us getting ahead too often.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think the problem we had with the Falcons on defense is that we have no answer to the mobile QB. Our secondary pretty much shut-down the passing game. I can't believe that we were not prepared for Vick to run the ball. I mean, there was absolutely no one covering him. We have been decent against the run so far, but throwing in Nickel defenses against the falcons just seemed stupid. I am hoping that the remaining teams on our schedule match up to our defensive strengths better. That's all I can say to convince myself that we don't suck as bad as we do.

On offense, Culpepper needs a safety blanket or a comforting voice in his ear. The offensive line sucks at the moment, but Dante is still too good a QB to let that dictate the offense. I think the biggest thing we lost this off-season is the Culpepper's comfort zone with Linehan (more than Linehan himself).

The bottom line is that we got out-played and out-coached by a very good team that is committed to playing to their strength. Runnning the ball.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Del Rio Guest

While Vick did get a few good runs, Like I predicted last week DUNN was the problem.

This game reflected some serious poor LB play. While many people love to think line immediately when the conversation of running game comes up, the burden was on the shoulders of the LB's this game and they failed.

It was a total collapse, even the backup tore us a new one with his legs. LB's getting blocked and staying blocked.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

And speaking of linebackers...can you believe how SLOW Sam Cowart is? Man I saw a few plays of him trying to track guys down...it's like he's got lead shoes on...what a liability.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    If they get down, they stay down. I'm not talking about the score, though that is part of it. I'm talking about their mentality. They seem to have a long memory, and that's a dangerous thing in sports. If you make a mistake, you have to forget about it, and move on. If that mistake is in the back of your head, you will start making your decisions based on not making that mistake again instead, instead of focusing on winning the game. Once you lose that as your focus, you've lost the game. I don't know if you can put the blame for that on any one source, but it's the coaching staff's job to fix it, and they're not doing their job.
    It is coaching, it is the philosophy the staff takes. It is also a little bit phychology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast