Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Not looking good for Cowboys game.

Looks like M Bennett will miss the first month of the season and it leaves Moe Williams as the Vikings starting back for that time as O Smith's suspension will also be taking place then. then there is the suspension on the defensive side of the ball as well and several injuries there.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well its not as bad as u all think are LB corps is healthy all the secondary but B. Williams, (and note this that Ken Irivn and A. Winfield played together in buffalo as starting CB's and held down the #1 defense in the league I'm not worried) Defensive line can servive without Mixon for 2 games we are good. The offensive will have Birk back, we went 6-0 with moe as our primary RB last season and MM can fill in for what Onterrio did, plus hes better on screen and catching the ball out of the back field. I'm not worried one bit about Dallas, we will trash them in the dome.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Not looking good for Cowboys game.

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Looks like M Bennett will miss the first month of the season and it leaves Moe Williams as the Vikings starting back for that time as O Smith's suspension will also be taking place then. then there is the suspension on the defensive side of the ball as well and several injuries there.

What happened to 1-3 weeks? It is still 2 weeks until the regular season starts, so that leaves one week at most. Did I miss something?

tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

"tdawg0002" wrote:
    actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.

I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:

I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1870150

even with Bennet gone for the opener we will do fine. Good thing we didnt trade our excess runningback depth or we may have been in some trouble.

Cul2Moss84 is offline Rookie

Passing>Running
    [img:0cc63dbcbd]http://img10.paintedover.com/uploads/10/keyshawn.gif[/img:0cc63dbcbd]

Big Daddy is offline Starter

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:

What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.

All I've ever heard is that he is questionable for Dallas and that it isn't that serious. Where are people coming up with this 1-3 weeks of the regular season?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:

All I've ever heard is that he is questionable for Dallas and that it isn't that serious. Where are people coming up with this 1-3 weeks of the regular season?

Viking update is making it sound like it is a lot worse. Same with the star article.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast