Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    dan3ski's Avatar
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    878

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    Looks like M Bennett will miss the first month of the season and it leaves Moe Williams as the Vikings starting back for that time as O Smith's suspension will also be taking place then. then there is the suspension on the defensive side of the ball as well and several injuries there.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

  2. #2
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    Well its not as bad as u all think are LB corps is healthy all the secondary but B. Williams, (and note this that Ken Irivn and A. Winfield played together in buffalo as starting CB's and held down the #1 defense in the league I'm not worried) Defensive line can servive without Mixon for 2 games we are good. The offensive will have Birk back, we went 6-0 with moe as our primary RB last season and MM can fill in for what Onterrio did, plus hes better on screen and catching the ball out of the back field. I'm not worried one bit about Dallas, we will trash them in the dome.

  3. #3
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    "dan3ski" wrote:
    Looks like M Bennett will miss the first month of the season and it leaves Moe Williams as the Vikings starting back for that time as O Smith's suspension will also be taking place then. then there is the suspension on the defensive side of the ball as well and several injuries there.

    What happened to 1-3 weeks? It is still 2 weeks until the regular season starts, so that leaves one week at most. Did I miss something?

  4. #4
    tdawg0002 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    116

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

  5. #5
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    "tdawg0002" wrote:
    actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.



    I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

    I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

  6. #6
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:
    actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.



    I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

    I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

    What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1870150

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    even with Bennet gone for the opener we will do fine. Good thing we didnt trade our excess runningback depth or we may have been in some trouble.

  8. #8
    Cul2Moss84 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    76

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    Passing>Running
    [img:0cc63dbcbd]http://img10.paintedover.com/uploads/10/keyshawn.gif[/img:0cc63dbcbd]

  9. #9
    Big Daddy's Avatar
    Big Daddy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:
    actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.



    I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

    I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

    What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1870150
    All I've ever heard is that he is questionable for Dallas and that it isn't that serious. Where are people coming up with this 1-3 weeks of the regular season?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

  10. #10
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Not looking good for Cowboys game.

    "Big Daddy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:
    actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.



    I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

    I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

    What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1870150
    All I've ever heard is that he is questionable for Dallas and that it isn't that serious. Where are people coming up with this 1-3 weeks of the regular season?


    Viking update is making it sound like it is a lot worse. Same with the star article.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Last Game v Cowboys
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
  2. Some vids from Cowboys game
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 04:41 PM
  3. Good Game and Good Luck Texans
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM
  4. vikes vs cowboys= good or disaster
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:29 AM
  5. vikes vs cowboys= good or disaster
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 06:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •