Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT IMPRESSED

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

NOT IMPRESSED

I was not really impressed with the Eagles or the Vikings in this game. Both teams made many mistakes. The Vikings did not make any adjustments in the second half on defense to put pressure on McNabb. Culpepper kept locking on his reciever which is why the defense for Philly was able to make plays. The Vikings had just as many oppertunities to win this game as the Eagles but a few bounces in the first half made the difference. The Viking defense colud have had at least 5 turnovers and only ended up with one. Yet when Philly got the two INT's the defense did a good job on holding. The Eagles only had on long drive yet the Vikings had two long drives that came up empty. This is why the elite teams are considered to be in the AFC.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

NOT IMPRESSED

I thought I was the only one. Minny gave this game away and had every chance to win this game. Philly isn't that good. I fully expect most of the experts to pick the Eagles but I think ATL will win because the Eagles offense is below average and if you stop Westbrook you have the game in the bag. If the Vikings would have score one touchdown during those long drives in the second half I think that Philly would have started to think about if they were good enough. They were also very rusty.

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

NOT IMPRESSED

"tlk23" wrote:
    I thought I was the only one. Minny gave this game away and had every chance to win this game. Philly isn't that good. I fully expect most of the experts to pick the Eagles but I think ATL will win because the Eagles offense is below average and if you stop Westbrook you have the game in the bag. If the Vikings would have score one touchdown during those long drives in the second half I think that Philly would have started to think about if they were good enough. They were also very rusty.
    Holy crap. STOP it already. Please. Just stop

GrizzledVeteran is offline Waterboy

NOT IMPRESSED

The Eagles looked very rusty and could have very easily blown out the Vikings. Stop seeing the world through purple-colored glasses and realize that this team is what it is - fortunate to get into the playoffs.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

NOT IMPRESSED

I agree the eagels arn't that good if they win the SB i will eat crow, but i wont bank on it.

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

NOT IMPRESSED

If it wasn't for the spoof at the end of the 1st half and the Freddie Mitchell fumble this game is at least a 37-14 game and probably the score is greater than this. Philly is lucky to have played the Vikings because if they had played another time that's not mistaked prone then Philly is probably going to lose.

NOT IMPRESSED

If the Eagle play next week like they did this week they will have lost four consecutive NFC Championship games for sure.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

NOT IMPRESSED

Wow....this is stooping to new levels of low. So, the Vikings basically SHOULD have beaten the Eagles twice this year? Is that what you are all trying to say?

NOT IMPRESSED

Yes the Vikings could have won both games but the fact is they did not. Philly did not play a great game but the niether did Pittsburg in thier win yesterday.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

jslader_sr is offline Waterboy

NOT IMPRESSED

This is ridiculous.

This game was never in doubt for the Eagles. They had control the entire game. Offensively, they only stopped themselves (just like the first time) and you know it. There were a full 10 points at least left on the field that the Vikings had nothing to do with. Their offensive line played brilliantly, there was no pressure on McNabb the whole day. Defensively, the Eagles made a ton of plays. The Eagles wide receivers outperformed the Vikings wide receivers. Randy Moss was thrown to 12 times and only caught 3 balls. Westbrook was all over the place.

For you to say you're "not impressed" is just pathetic sour grapes. The Eagles had won by the end of the first half and everybody knew it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast