Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Arif Hasan is a forum member of the Daily Norseman who writes blogs & articles for the same. Marrdro is one of his biggest followers over there.
    Marrdro.....doesn't he think this is going to be a big breakout year for Tarvaris Jackson in Seattle.....is that an endorsement or torpedo

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Sooooooo we are suppose to believe Arif Hasans opinion? I trust Jakes more than who?
    Arif Hasan is a forum member of the Daily Norseman who writes blogs & articles for the same. Marrdro is one of his biggest followers over there.
    Not surprised. Lol

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Marrdro.....doesn't he think this is going to be a big breakout year for Tarvaris Jackson in Seattle.....is that an endorsement or torpedo
    Not sure. I think he feels the fans & FO ruined him.....

Marrdro: Ryan Gab, I agree with you 100%. Been along time since the fans have had to work with a kid just learning. The most recent two weren't given much of a chance before the court of "Fan Appeal" turned on them. I blame the organization for that. Ponder and TJ were forced into learning on the field. Our fan base has proven that they can't stand to watch a kid make mistakes.
    On Arif......

Marrdro: Singer, I would do no such thing nor have I ever. At this point in the game I sit back and read all the stuff and comment on it with the though in mind its all still just camp. Nothing more, nothing less. By the way, if you haven't seen it, look up the stuff by Arif Hasan. That is the best coverage out there IMHO.
    As to Ponder, he feels he will rarely have to pass....

Marrdro: Anyone who thinks Ponder is going to be in the range of 13-4 or even 10-6 TD to INT ratio is fooling themselves. The kid is going to be asked to be a game manager on a "Run First, Run Second, Run third (throw only if we have to) offense. If your looking for something else, you need to go find a team that is going to chuck it all over the field this year cause your not gonna be happy with this team. REALITY.
    But feels he needs 3-4 more years before he fully pans out...

Marrdro: LOL, of course its his fault Eric Amundson. I never take that away from any comment. In fact I post that we should expect him to made dumb mistakes. What surprises me is the number of fans who think for some reason he is magically going to out grow that part of the game when all logic tells us that he will have those issue for at least 3 or 4 more years. If anyone questions that go look at what Eli did the last half of last year and thats a cat with 2 SBs. Cam Newton sucked last year except for the last 5 games or so. Doesn't mean their teams should get rid of them. Its just reality.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Reality is, Marrdro consistently insults fellow Vikings fans as 'those without a clue and yutz's', if they don't agree with his theories. Fortunately, he was sent here to save Vikings fans from their ignorance !

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Why and when did this turn into a Marrdro bashing thread?

We are all a bunch of egoists who are convinced our opinion is the the best, no need to load up on any one person. Let's get back to what this thread is really about... bashing Ponder.

On the first day of training camp I wasn't reading too much into it, as it was the first day of training camp. But he doesn't appear to be getting better, while Cassel is steadily improving...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    When you overthrow an uncovered receiver on a simple out route, I don't think that's a timing issue.
    unless its 12 yds. out of bounds.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    What I don't understand is that people think Ponder will just "Get it" in his third year in the league? Why? He never "got it" at FSU... they never finished better than 9-4 (10-4 if you include the prestigious Chick-Fil-A Bowl).

He was a bad first round draft pick in a weak QB class. He's not going to suddenly 'get it' and start lighting it up... just doesn't work that way.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    What I don't understand is that people think Ponder will just "Get it" in his third year in the league? Why? He never "got it" at FSU... they never finished better than 9-4 (10-4 if you include the prestigious Chick-Fil-A Bowl).

He was a bad first round draft pick in a weak QB class. He's not going to suddenly 'get it' and start lighting it up... just doesn't work that way.
    I think people have hope for a few reasons:
    1) He did show progress last year over the previous year. IMHO it wasn't enough progress though.
    2) He finished the season pretty strong. 4 game winning streak and very, very good game againt Green Bay to get us in the playoffs.
    3) We saw what the exact same team looked like when we swapped Ponder out for Webb. Although that just means that Ponder isn't as horrible at QB as Webb is.
    4) The FO has hope in him... for now. But I also think that their support of him will not make it very long if he doesn't show immediate improvement.

Honestly, I think that the only point that has some validity is #4.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Honestly, I think that the only point that has some validity is #4.
    This, I agree with.

I think people have hope for a few reasons:
    1) He did show progress last year over the previous year. IMHO it wasn't enough progress though.
    Exactly... not nearly enough progress.

2) He finished the season pretty strong. 4 game winning streak and very, very good game againt Green Bay to get us in the playoffs.
    Green Bay's best 3 defensive players were out that game. Also, Peterson had 199 yards against GB... think he played a small part in that victory.

3) We saw what the exact same team looked like when we swapped Ponder out for Webb. Although that just means that Ponder isn't as horrible at QB as Webb is.
    Again, GB fielded a completely different defense that game. They had their 3 best defensive players back for the playoffs.

4) The FO has hope in him... for now. But I also think that their support of him will not make it very long if he doesn't show immediate improvement.
    He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career going back to FSU. Blatantly ignoring this fact is called "having hope..."
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    I have hope..I hope this is his last season with the Vikes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast