Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I think you misread that. They are saying in 2011 and 2012 they had a seperate offense for Webb, but now Webb is at WR, so the second team is running the same offense as the first team.

Webb did look good at receiver, seemed to be getting a lot of targets in practice.
    Ooops I did misread it ...lol, damn sun, beer and wine KO'd too many brain cells on the weekend

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    And I wasn't even there for the first day! It shouldn't be a big surprise that Cassel is going to challenge Ponder. We had the 32nd ranked pass game last year, and Cassel is an experienced QB in the prime of his career. He looks like a NFL passer, 6'5" with quick feet and quick release.
    What's rediculous is people that know for sure that Ponder is the QB for the season on day 2 of training camp, I'm just saying we don't know, hence the controversy.
    Don't mistake my posts for support of Ponder. I think (hope) people know where I stand on that. I believe, however, that the starting QB position is Ponder's to lose. For good or bad he is set as the starter right now, and Cassel would have to seriously outshine him in training camp for that to change. This wasn't decided on day 2 of training camp, it was decided as soon as free agency and the draft was complete.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    Oh no! We didn't light it up right away from the start of TC! Everybody jump ship we are done for!

Lol what a joke. It's the start of TRAINING CAMP, everybody is shaking off rust and dust from the offseason. It takes time for an offense with new guys, plays, ect. to come in sync. Give them some time befoe jumping the gun and calling for a shot season!

I'm going to blame the offseason withdrawl and delusion effects.
    Exactly what I said.

Spare us all the drama and let them practice a little before the "end of the world" rubbish.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I guess he must have gotten to camp a week or so earlier than Ponder if he looks good after only the official 2nd day of camp.
    Weird, because other other reports have him looking rough too...

Matt Cassel didn't look good either, although I'm not so sure chemistry is as big a controlling factor. Like Ponder, Cassel is testing the limits of the receivers, but I'm not so sure Cassel is putting the ball in good places for the receivers even knowing that. His passes had to be saved more than Ponder's, which led to some highlights that didn't need to be highlights.
    Minnesota Vikings 2013 Training Camp: Day One Notebook - Daily Norseman
    Sooooooo we are suppose to believe Arif Hasans opinion? I trust Jakes more than who?

Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    Oh no! We didn't light it up right away from the start of TC! Everybody jump ship we are done for!

Lol what a joke. It's the start of TRAINING CAMP, everybody is shaking off rust and dust from the offseason. It takes time for an offense with new guys, plays, ect. to come in sync. Give them some time befoe jumping the gun and calling for a shot season!

I'm going to blame the offseason withdrawl and delusion effects.
    Ummm actually no Ponder sucked last year too. That's the joke. There has always been rust and dust. Nothing to shake off. It will always be there.

And I wasn't even there for the first day! It shouldn't be a big surprise that Cassel is going to challenge Ponder. We had the 32nd ranked pass game last year, and Cassel is an experienced QB in the prime of his career. He looks like a NFL passer, 6'5" with quick feet and quick release.
    What's rediculous is people that know for sure that Ponder is the QB for the season on day 2 of training camp, I'm just saying we don't know, hence the controversy.
    and Cassel would have to seriously outshine him in training camp for that to change.
    You say that like it is a tough task.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Was it a five yard out? A ten yard out? Was it actually a corner and the WR made it an out? You are making a lot of assumptions in order to definitely say what the problem was with a pass that most people didn't see...
    If it was a 5 yard out, Ponder threw it over his head.
    If it was a 10 yard out, Ponder threw it over his head.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ponder still wobbly in opening workouts in Mankato

Day at Camp: Ponder still wobbly in opening workouts in Mankato | StarTribune.com

Christian Ponder remains consistently inconsistent. In Monday’s 11-on-11 competition, he completed four of 12 passes. He also had one drop by rookie free-agent fullback Zach Line. Ponder also had a deep ball to Jerome Simpson come down about four yards out of bounds

Matt Cassel, completed eight of 11 passes during 11-on-11 competition. He also had one drop. Stephen Burton, a receiver on the bubble, was the player of the day. He caught two deep balls, one in fairly tight coverage and the other against a blown coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Sooooooo we are suppose to believe Arif Hasans opinion? I trust Jakes more than who?
    Arif Hasan is a forum member of the Daily Norseman who writes blogs & articles for the same. Marrdro is one of his biggest followers over there.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Well if Ponder is going to crack under the pressure of training camp might as well do it big and early, hopefully the depth chart gets adjusted and the change is made giving Cassel the time to run with the first team. Pretty sure the team won't announce anything soon but I don't think we are in the same place with Frazer as we were with Childress and his stubborn KAO and quarterback guru ego.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast