Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Why not? Simple. Because on an out route if the timing is off you end up throwing wide left or wide right of him. Throwing well over his head is not bad timing in that case. If he was throwing down field while a receiver was running the sidelines, that's a different story.

I'm not getting my undies in a bunch over it either, just stating that wasn't a timing issue.

BTW, this isn't the first couple of days Ponder has been throwing the ball, even though that's what some believe. They've already had several OTA's & minicamps thus far.
    Was it a five yard out? A ten yard out? Was it actually a corner and the WR made it an out? You are making a lot of assumptions in order to definitely say what the problem was with a pass that most people didn't see...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    I guess he must have gotten to camp a week or so earlier than Ponder if he looks good after only the official 2nd day of camp.
    Weird, because other other reports have him looking rough too...

Matt Cassel didn't look good either, although I'm not so sure chemistry is as big a controlling factor. Like Ponder, Cassel is testing the limits of the receivers, but I'm not so sure Cassel is putting the ball in good places for the receivers even knowing that. His passes had to be saved more than Ponder's, which led to some highlights that didn't need to be highlights.
    Minnesota Vikings 2013 Training Camp: Day One Notebook - Daily Norseman
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Was it a five yard out? A ten yard out? Was it actually a corner and the WR made it an out? You are making a lot of assumptions in order to definitely say what the problem was with a pass that most people didn't see...
    That came off a lot more argumentative than I intended... What I meant to say is that timing is certainly something that could be a factor - if a WR is running a 10 yard out and the QB throws too soon it can easily be over the WRs head. But I see what you are saying too - it isn't necessarily timing either, especially if it was a quick out.

I think there are several things that are factoring into it. Timing, WR and QB being on the same page, and just plain old suckitude. Hopefully all will get better as training camp goes on!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Ponder sucks, guys... hate to be the bearer of bad news. Get ready for another 1st or 2nd round draft pick to be used on a QB next year. We're gonna need it.

Still shocked we drafted him 12th overall. What a joke.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Oh no! We didn't light it up right away from the start of TC! Everybody jump ship we are done for!

Lol what a joke. It's the start of TRAINING CAMP, everybody is shaking off rust and dust from the offseason. It takes time for an offense with new guys, plays, ect. to come in sync. Give them some time befoe jumping the gun and calling for a shot season!

I'm going to blame the offseason withdrawl and delusion effects.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I guess he must have gotten to camp a week or so earlier than Ponder if he looks good after only the official 2nd day of camp.
    And I wasn't even there for the first day! It shouldn't be a big surprise that Cassel is going to challenge Ponder. We had the 32nd ranked pass game last year, and Cassel is an experienced QB in the prime of his career. He looks like a NFL passer, 6'5" with quick feet and quick release.
    What's rediculous is people that know for sure that Ponder is the QB for the season on day 2 of training camp, I'm just saying we don't know, hence the controversy.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    when there were good throws, receivers had trouble finding the handle
    Interesting this got missed during the qb winefest
    we’ll make note that defensive end/tackle/do-everything athlete Everson Griffen looked especially explosive at the snap of the ball. He is playing tackle in the nickel and, as usual, getting reps at both end positions. He gave right tackle Phil Loadholt some fits during
    juicy note for those who think Griffen is missed used or Loadholt is a waste of space
    two very different offenses: one for Ponder and one for backup Joe Webb, a guy who had a completely different skill set.
    Very interesting, Webb is taking snaps at QB and there is an offense built around him...thought he was going to be a receiver, think this could be like real news, at least to me.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Interesting this got missed during the qb winefest.
    Red or white? Napa Valley?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Interesting this got missed during the qb winefest juicy note for those who think Griffen is missed used or Loadholt is a waste of space Very interesting, Webb is taking snaps at QB and there is an offense built around him...thought he was going to be a receiver, think this could be like real news, at least to me.
    I think you misread that. They are saying in 2011 and 2012 they had a seperate offense for Webb, but now Webb is at WR, so the second team is running the same offense as the first team.
    For much of the 2011 and 2012 seasons, the Vikings had two very different offenses: one for Ponder and one for backup Joe Webb, a guy who had a completely different skill set. That’s changed this year with Cassel at No. 2 QB and Webb now at receiver.
    Webb did look good at receiver, seemed to be getting a lot of targets in practice.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Red or white? Napa Valley?
    Napa? You must haveme confused with Chris Kluwe, fuck Napa, I live in the Thompson/Okanagan ofBritish Columbia, the Shiraz's here are awesome, any white will do and my beeris from the glaciers in my backyard the Kootenays or the springs in the Okanagan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast