Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Not a good day for the offense

Vikings Day at Camp: Not a good Saturday for the offense

Vikings Day at Camp: Not a good Saturday for the offense | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Beginning of training camp is always sketchy for the offense as they work on timing. Not reading too much into this.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Beginning of training camp is always sketchy for the offense as they work on timing. Not reading too much into this.
    When you overthrow an uncovered receiver on a simple out route, I don't think that's a timing issue.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    When you overthrow an uncovered receiver on a simple out route, I don't think that's a timing issue.
    Ya, I'm sure no third year quarterback on first couple days of training camp has ever done that. There goes the season.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Why not? When you are throwing to where you think the WR is going to be timing definitely plays a big part in it.

Either way my point is I am not getting my undies in a bunch just yet. Part of it is because I have low expectations of our starting QB, part of it is because it is only the second full day of training camp... I am much more interested in how he is playing when preseason starts.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    My take was Rudolph looked great, caught everything, he is a giant. Webb also looked good, making a lot of catches. Jennings looks tiny on the practice fields.
    The real story is how good Cassel looked. I think it's safe to say we are going to have a big time QB controversy.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    What the report forgot to mention is the fact that the winds where very strong and gusty at practice. not a good thing for any QB, and i bet it had an impact on passes and catches...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Why not? When you are throwing to where you think the WR is going to be timing definitely plays a big part in it.

Either way my point is I am not getting my undies in a bunch just yet. Part of it is because I have low expectations of our starting QB, part of it is because it is only the second full day of training camp... I am much more interested in how he is playing when preseason starts.
    Why not? Simple. Because on an out route if the timing is off you end up throwing wide left or wide right of him. Throwing well over his head is not bad timing in that case. If he was throwing down field while a receiver was running the sidelines, that's a different story.

I'm not getting my undies in a bunch over it either, just stating that wasn't a timing issue.

BTW, this isn't the first couple of days Ponder has been throwing the ball, even though that's what some believe. They've already had several OTA's & minicamps thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    My take was Rudolph looked great, caught everything, he is a giant. Webb also looked good, making a lot of catches. Jennings looks tiny on the practice fields.
    The real story is how good Cassel looked. I think it's safe to say we are going to have a big time QB controversy.
    I guess he must have gotten to camp a week or so earlier than Ponder if he looks good after only the official 2nd day of camp.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast