Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Not Culpeppers Fault

Why is it all the media is ready to blame Culpepper for the terrbile game when it was obviously the terrible play of the O-line that caused the loss? A touchdown called back because of holding, no protection for Culpepper, no lanes for the running game... The commentators even said the line was playing so bad the Bucs were only sending a 4 man rush and still pressuring Culpepper. A 4 man rush means there are 7 guys in the back field covering the 4 WR's Pepper is trying to throw to. Any QB would have a terrible game when trying to go against that. Culpepper should shoulder some of the blame because he had several opportunities to scramble for the first down and didnt but I put 80% of it on the O-line.

Things to be happy about: The O-line got 100% better when they subbed out the right guard for Goldberg and Culpepper had more time to work. The defense looked great. If they hadnt been on the field so much I think the Vikes could have shut them out. I think Tice will get the O-Line worked out with Loney and the Bengals will be the first Victory

Del Rio Guest

Re: Not Culpeppers Fault

It was his fault IMO.

Two of those turnovers he had plenty of time. One of his passes was deflected by a shadowing LB that very well should have intercepted it.

He was slow to make decisions.

Saying it was all his fault is wrong. I'm not doing that, but blaming the line for his poor play is living in la,la land. He had a very bad game.

I totally agree....the offensive line sucked.....if the o-line was gonna be this bad...should've kept dixon and paid up to keep birk in....culpepper needs more that 5 seconds to throw a good pass. Our O-line did look better with goldberg......we better linemen up front....But our defence was awesome.....i love the new look of the D.

Del Rio Guest

If you need more then 5 seconds then you need to be playing in the CFL.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Thank you Del Rio, some people on this board have blind faith in Culpepper. I have yet to see him lead our team back in a two minute drill. He still has some proving to do and now without Moss it is his team and he has all the weapons, he needs to shine this year. And it is going to be tough next week. I hear people already bad mouthing the Bengals saying they aren't very talented, but were the Cardinals talented two years ago? The Vikes play bad in two arenas, on the road and on natural grass. I think if I am not mistaken Cincy plays on natural grass. This week is going to be a good indicator if this team is a real contender or a paper lion!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Sometimes that is what being the QB is all about, you will sometimes have to shoulder the blame.

Just a thought:

I am sure you have heard this story before. The one where the 49ers are in the huddle driving for the game winning drive in the superbowl. Montana says hey Clarky(?), isn't that John Candy in the end zone, everyone in the huddle looks and Montana then goes on and calls the play.

That is something you can't teach. A person either has that natural ability to lighten things up (and themselves) or they don't. Just cause someone doesn't have this ability doesn't mean they don't have football skill or that they can't win a SB ring like Montana.

Del Rio Guest

There is no doubt in my mind Culpepper is a top 5 QB in the NFL. I think he just had a bad game, and like I said before he will grow from it and be even better then before.

That's the one fact I trust about the guy is he learns from his mistakes he has prooven that time and time again.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

You need more than 5 seconds to throw the ball if you have 2 DBs covering each WR. Like I said there was a 4 man rush meaning 7 guys in coverage, 2 to each WR... And who is having blind faith? When the O-Line was solid last year and Moss was injured Culpepper was great. The line needs to perform well so the run can be established and more guys are put into the box so then the pass can be effective. Thats basic football and the Vikings couldnt do that.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Thank you Del Rio, some people on this board have blind faith in Culpepper. I have yet to see him lead our team back in a two minute drill. He still has some proving to do and now without Moss it is his team and he has all the weapons, he needs to shine this year. And it is going to be tough next week. I hear people already bad mouthing the Bengals saying they aren't very talented, but were the Cardinals talented two years ago? The Vikes play bad in two arenas, on the road and on natural grass. I think if I am not mistaken Cincy plays on natural grass. This week is going to be a good indicator if this team is a real contender or a paper lion!!
    It is going to be how we finish the season that determines our fate. Once again, 9-7 or 10-6 will be good enough win the North this season. Right now we need to win 3 Road games and the rest of the home games. When you put it that way, it sounds like a tall order. One week at a time, breathe, breathe.

I wouldn't discount anybody on our schedule at this point unless you are wearing purple tinted glasses.

Del Rio Guest

"Redmption" wrote:
    You need more than 5 seconds to throw the ball if you have 2 DBs covering each WR. Like I said there was a 4 man rush meaning 7 guys in coverage, 2 to each WR... And who is having blind faith? When the O-Line was solid last year and Moss was injured Culpepper was great. The line needs to perform well so the run can be established and more guys are put into the box so then the pass can be effective. Thats basic football and the Vikings couldnt do that.
    That's just it the o-line was far from solid it was a weakness last year. Culpepper was among the most sacked. He was rushed nearly every down. He just made plays yesterday he didn't.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast