Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Not to criticize play calling... but....

Like others have said, it will come in time. With Chilly it is a chess match and plays are mostly called when needed, not just to raise his "coaching rank".

AP still isn't in the same league as Faulk or LT. His hands/blocking are getting better, but are still a work in progress. There was a outlet pass to AP during the game and it went right off his hands and was almost an INT. This is why CT is used more on the 3rd down plays.

The screen was called at the perfect time IMHO. I feel like it was being set up the whole game. And, it was called at the absolute best time possible (AD rambles for 40+).

Percy did have a run yesterday. It was for a modest gain. Things will open up more during the season, when the time arises. Give the Coaching staff some kudos when deserved.

We should be more concerned about Fraizer's coaching right now. He is a co-head coach. I shudder thinking him as the head coach.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I actually thought this was the best called game this year.
    Team contributed in all three phases.
    And all the little individual efforts, that aren't mentioned much, such as that insanely great catch Rice made just off the ground to keep the drive alive, lead to a team win. Not just a Favre win.
    Special teams were special and made the play calling job a bit easier.

The WRs and BF made some great plays.
    That helps move the chains.
    In Pitt, we weren't moving the chains for many reasons.

Moving the chains makes the play calling look good.
    That means less penalties and less drops.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Back to the Saints, they have never had a winning franchise.
    They have won one playoff game since they came into existence in 1967.
    They have a helluva a team this year, but, they are very beatable and lack the depth of the Vikings' team.

Play calling has been a farce since the first day that someone mentioned it, that has been proven over and over again by people that do things other than pull comments out of their ass.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    They have a helluva a team this year, but, they are very beatable and lack the depth of the Vikings' team.

Play calling has been a farce since the first day that someone mentioned it, that has been proven over and over again by people that do things other than pull comments out of their jiggly butt.
    Could you post every play from the games this season , just to refresh my memory ?

The Saints are the brightest star. I'm looking for a degree of second half flameout from them.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Play calling has been a farce since the first day that someone mentioned it, that has been proven over and over again by people that do things other than pull comments out of their jiggly butt.
    Could you post every play from the games this season , just to refresh my memory ?

The Saints are the brightest star. I'm looking for a degree of second half flameout from them.
    I haven't watched all of their games, but I'm pretty sure they call the perfect play every time.
    Here's a sampling of a drive from the Giants game:

#
    New Orleans Saints at 04:59
    # 1-10-NO 20 (4:59) 9-D.Brees pass short left to 16-L.Moore who allows himself to be tacked at the NO 35 in order to give the defense a little breather (41-C.Brown). Pass 14, Catch 1
    # 1-10-NO 35 (4:20) 9-D.Brees pass deep left to 88-J.Shockey to NYG 47 for 18 yards (went out of bounds to sign autographs). Pass 16, Catch 2
    # 1-10-NYG 47 (3:53) 9-D.Brees pass short middle to 12-M.Colston to NYG 35 for ridiculously easy 12 yards (23-C.Webster). Pass 11, Catch 1
    # 1-10-NYG 35 (3:07) 9-D.Brees pass short left to 19-D.Henderson ran ob at NYG 29 after 6 yards to make sure other players got a chance to catch the ball too (57-C.Blackburn). Pass 2, Catch 4
    # 2-4-NYG 29 (2:34) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass deep middle to 12-M.Colston for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 25, Catch 4 New York Giants challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED so that New Orleans fans could cheer twice for one touchdown. (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass deep middle to 12-M.Colston to NYG 1 for 28 yards (41-C.Brown). Pass 25, Catch 3 WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    # 1-1-NYG 1 (2:26) 9-D.Brees pass short right to 88-J.Shockey just as he's getting back from signing autographs for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 1, Catch 0 WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    # 3-J.Carney blindfolded extra point is GOOD, Center-57-J.Kyle, Holder-11-M.Brunell.

Certainly would be a tough game against that team.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Overlord" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I haven't watched all of their games, but I'm pretty sure they call the perfect play every time.

#
    # 1-10-NO 20 (4:59) 9-D.Brees pass short left to 16-L.Moore who allows himself to be tacked at the NO 35 in order to give the defense a little breather (41-C.Brown). Pass 14, Catch 1
    # 1-10-NO 35 (4:20) 9-D.Brees pass deep left to 88-J.Shockey to NYG 47 for 18 yards (went out of bounds to sign autographs). Pass 16, Catch 2
    # 1-10-NYG 47 (3:53) 9-D.Brees pass short middle to 12-M.Colston to NYG 35 for ridiculously easy 12 yards (23-C.Webster). Pass 11, Catch 1
    # 1-10-NYG 35 (3:07) 9-D.Brees pass short left to 19-D.Henderson ran ob at NYG 29 after 6 yards to make sure other players got a chance to catch the ball too (57-C.Blackburn). Pass 2, Catch 4
    # 2-4-NYG 29 (2:34) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass deep middle to 12-M.Colston for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 25, Catch 4 New York Giants challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED so that New Orleans fans could cheer twice for one touchdown. (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass deep middle to 12-M.Colston to NYG 1 for 28 yards (41-C.Brown). Pass 25, Catch 3 WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    # 1-1-NYG 1 (2:26) 9-D.Brees pass short right to 88-J.Shockey just as he's getting back from signing autographs for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 1, Catch 0 WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    # 3-J.Carney blindfolded extra point is GOOD, Center-57-J.Kyle, Holder-11-M.Brunell.

LMFAO

FTW
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    And despite everyone's complaints about the play calling, we are 7-1 and have the second highest scoring offense in the NFL.

I am fine with our play calling...
    +1

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"midgensa" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    When the heck are we going to run some sort of counter play?
    I don't care if it's a full fledged reverse with AD handing it off to BB or pH going the other direction or simply an end around.
    We have got to do SOMETHING to keep the weak side of the D honest... yesterday Clay Matthews was killing us by coming out of that outside LB position and pursuing from the backside... he never stayed home, never kept backside contain, and we never ran anything that attacked that over aggressiveness.
    With all the attention and defenders AD draws when he has the ball, the stage is set perfectly for something going the other way, fast... and we know Favre loves to block!
    Yeah we're winning... year we're scoring 30+ points a game... but man, if we could get the D to play AD a little more honestly with some counters and reverses, we might be able to go blow for blow with New Orleans!
    What makes you think we can't go blow for blow with New Orleans? The media hacks who all picked the Ravens and Packers to beat us?

Those kind of plays are the ones you can ONLY run a few times a year at most ... in a game where we pretty much had total control except for a ten minute period ... no reason to pull the rabbit out of the hat already.
    Wrong!!!!

Works in Madden all the time!

Easy to complain after the fact.

We are 7-1, rolling, and pretty much have the North.

The schedule is very favorable.

Nothing to complain about....except our tackling.
    The Offense is the last thing I would even think about complaining.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    And despite everyone's complaints about the play calling, we are 7-1 and have the second highest scoring offense in the NFL.

I am fine with our play calling...
    +1
    This. Right here.

But I would like to see us run a little bit more than we do just for more time of possession. Otherwise, cannot complain
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

#

lol, yes, they are getting a little cocky too it appears.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast