cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Not all Vikings seeing red

[size=13pt]Not all Vikings seeing red[/size]

Defensive players stand up for offense
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Sharper, at 31 a year older than Winfield, said he believes there is enough overall talent on hand to make this a successful season.

"We have young players, but I think we have a good enough team that we can definitely get to the playoffs," he said, "and then once you get to the playoffs, it's an open field. That's our main goal is to win the NFC North and get to the playoffs. If we do that, we've got as good a shot as anybody else does, especially in the NFC."

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Not all Vikings seeing red

Linebacker Chad Greenway said he has been impressed by what he has seen of the Vikings' young receivers on the practice field.

"I think everybody's pretty excited about what's been going on," he said. "They've been out here absolutely flying around, making catches, making great plays, blocking down the field. I think from what people said we needed to improve on, we've improved on. Hopefully, we can carry that into Mankato."
    Now that's what I like to hear. But then again, when players do bad in the minicamps & OTA's people hear say "Don't worry about it, it's only practice".

That same mentality then, should be taken about players that are looking good in the minicamps & OTA's...............I'ts still only practice.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    [quote]
    Linebacker Chad Greenway said he has been impressed by what he has seen of the Vikings' young receivers on the practice field.

That same mentality then, should be taken about players that are looking good in the minicamps & OTA's...............I'ts still only practice.
    Yes, it is only practice, but I like the positive attitude.
    If you do not believe your team has a chance then it doesn't have a chance.
    We need the overwhelming majority of our players to feel like we can win.
    Then when we start winning the others ie Winfield, will get onboard also.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:

"I think everybody's pretty excited about what's been going on," he said. "They've been out here absolutely flying around, making catches, making great plays, blocking down the field. I think from what people said we needed to improve on, we've improved on. Hopefully, we can carry that into Mankato."
    Now that's what I like to hear. But then again, when players do bad in the minicamps & OTA's people hear say "Don't worry about it, it's only practice".

I wouldn't be suprised if there is more information to be had at practice then pre-season.
    I can't tell myself that preseason has any value no matter how hard I try, while I would be at any practice or camp if I could.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks Cog.
    You and Singer just keep finding the gems.

This is what I am talking about when I am hopefull that this season will be special.
    Even if the Naysayers and pesimists disagree with me
    ;D

Sharper, at 31 a year older than Winfield, said he believes there is enough overall talent on hand to make this a successful season.

"We have young players, but I think we have a good enough team that we can definitely get to the playoffs," he said, "and then once you get to the playoffs, it's an open field. That's our main goal is to win the NFC North and get to the playoffs. If we do that, we've got as good a shot as anybody else does, especially in the NFC."
    "Oh, absolutely. I think we had enough to win last year," Greenway said. "You lose a couple close games and that's the difference between going 6-10 or 10-6, if you can reverse a couple of those losses. You just hope you can get that touchdown or hold them off in close situations, and you may end up 10-6 or 9-7 and get in the playoffs."
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg