Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think its pretty gol 'darnit gloomy. New owners, new head coach, coaching staff, million dollar oline and we suck elephant balls. The Vikes as a team are much worse then last year. Childress could get his own coaching staff, somethine tice couldnt. Childress could spend the money on whoever he wanted. He has taught the vikes how to be second rate, to let oppertunities slip by. We have had so many chances to win games but cant. Because childress sucks as a coach and a play caller. I dont think we will be any better next year. 7-9 this year, maybe 8-8 next. Still not as good as tice had us on his way out, and tice sucked.
    Wow! Way to jump on a guy right off the bat. This is his first year...don't be so harsh. Personally, I think it was good that we started 4-2, and 5-7 isn't all that bad given the changes that you referenced.

A new coaching staff, 2nd year owners, first year players, a team that is beat up...I'd say 5-7 isn't an awful record given those circumstances. Heck, Tice was 6-10 his first year.

Don't be so quick to judge. Give the guy 3 years...then we'll talk about whether or not he's succeeding.
    The first breath out of CC's mouth when Childress was hired was hate.
    Expect his posts to be filled with it and for him to dart into the shadows with his Childress comments after things turn around.
    It's one thing to dislike the guy with justification, but it's tough to take his Childress-related comments seriously when he has been ripping on him since he first arrived at Winter Park.
    I give him credit for being consistent though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think its pretty gol 'darnit gloomy. New owners, new head coach, coaching staff, million dollar oline and we suck elephant balls. The Vikes as a team are much worse then last year. Childress could get his own coaching staff, somethine tice couldnt. Childress could spend the money on whoever he wanted. He has taught the vikes how to be second rate, to let oppertunities slip by. We have had so many chances to win games but cant. Because childress sucks as a coach and a play caller. I dont think we will be any better next year. 7-9 this year, maybe 8-8 next. Still not as good as tice had us on his way out, and tice sucked.
    Wow! Way to jump on a guy right off the bat. This is his first year...don't be so harsh. Personally, I think it was good that we started 4-2, and 5-7 isn't all that bad given the changes that you referenced.

A new coaching staff, 2nd year owners, first year players, a team that is beat up...I'd say 5-7 isn't an awful record given those circumstances. Heck, Tice was 6-10 his first year.

Don't be so quick to judge. Give the guy 3 years...then we'll talk about whether or not he's succeeding.
    The first breath out of CC's mouth when Childress was hired was hate.
    Expect his posts to be filled with it and for him to dart into the shadows with his Childress comments after things turn around.
    It's one thing to dislike the guy with justification, but it's tough to take his Childress-related comments seriously when he has been ripping on him since he first arrived at Winter Park.
    I give him credit for being consistent though.
    My question is, "Who does CC want or who did he want to be coach?" Did he ever voice an opinion in that matter or has he hated every coach that he's ever watched coach the Vikings in his lifetime?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

What has Childress done since hes been here that makes you think hes at least a decent HC? The teams is in shambles after a 9-7 season last year, They are at each others throats in the locker room. Theres no discipline, theres too many penalties. They are a completely unopputistic team. The balls falls in their lap and they dont know what to do. These are all things directly related to coaching.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    What has Childress done since hes been here that makes you think hes at least a decent HC? The teams is in shambles after a 9-7 season last year, They are at each others throats in the locker room. Theres no discipline, theres too many penalties. They are a completely unopputistic team. The balls falls in their lap and they dont know what to do. These are all things directly related to coaching.
    How would you change things, and who do you want already?
    Can you do a better Job???????

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I liked his offseason moves.
    The team has lacked discipline on the field, that is on the players and the coach.
    The locker room disarray is heresay for now other than Winfield voicing his opinion about the O production a month or so ago.

The bottom-line, like has been said no less than 200X is this is his first year.
    Everything is new.
    Meathead inherited a team he was already coaching on and brought a good team into mediocrity finishing a game below 0.500 with many years under his belt.
    Childress has been coaching professionally for 29+ years and has worked his way up the ranks, unlike Meathead.
    Judging a HC before his first season is even over is ludicrous.
    Insane.

Do I think he's a hero?
    No.
    I have no idea.
    I like the direction the team is heading in.
    The problems that exist are fixable with some patches.
    Tarvaris or whoever it ends up being will be the field general.
    One of Childress' touted strengths is developing QBs and there is a promising future prospect in The Messiah.

Bottom-line is Childress may end up sucking or he may end up being one of the greats.
    The jury is still out.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

The only good things i saw childress do in the offseason were signing Chester Taylor and Mike Tomlin. Hutch was was too much cash. Mckinney was a waste. The draft could have been better, but then Foley was used as a scapegoat for that.

It isnt like he had to work with as little as Tice did. Red gave Tice no money at all. Wouldnt let him get a decent coaching staff. Ziggy basically told childress, do whatever you want. And this is what we got for it, one sucky team, in much worse condition then last year. Sharper also made comments like Winfield did, and they have the team at odds with each other. That and the fact that they cant take advantage of any oppertunity both fall on the HC. Childresses wco offense and his play calling are sub par. The D looks good, prolly cause childress has very little to do with it. I dont see a reason to be opptomistic for next year, except it cant get much worse.

Whatever turns you on.
    It is still a hung jury, my vote has not been cast.

Gift is offline Coordinator

BC has done a rather poor job this year.

He was hailed as an offensive genius that stresses discipline, so far we are one of the most penalized teams with a terrible offense.
    I hope he learns from these mistakes & improves.

http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Del Rio Guest

I would never in a million years say Tice had less to work with. I guess free agent wise he was strapped but the talent he had on the team was far superior then our own now and we were lucky to manage a winning record with him.

This is his first year as head coach. He can get an F for the season but IMO his career has yet to be defined. This is not a one shot deal he gets a few years to put it together.

Hell look at your own stance you were bitching all offseason about the RB, about the running game, and about the line, and now we have a fairly solid run game and apparently your happy to have C Taylor now.

So things can and do change.

MississippiViking is offline Training Camp

I don't think our entire offense and the play calls are that terrible.
    The difference between a good offense and our bad one is execution.
    If Brad played like he did last year and we had our receivers catch most of the balls we would be talking about a different story.
    Now that didn't happen so we are where we are.
    I am excited about this team.
    We have a defense that is awesome!!!
    With a chance still at the playoffs and plenty of money to spend in the off season I am excited about this team.
    I agree that we shouldn't vote on BC yet.
    He is a rookie!!!
    Let's see what he does to correct the penalty problems.
    That is the only thing That is the coaches fault here.
    The rest is on the players.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234