Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I should probably clarify what I meant about BJ's salary.

    The Wilfs have not been shy about paying players....
    I "Believe" that the Wilfs as well as the coaching staff knew before the season started that BJ was a filler...not a true starter and that nobody had any intention of his starting beyond this year.

    He was treated as (and paid as) a backup QB that was forced to fill in when Daunte was sent packing....no different then if Pep would have started the season and had gone down with injury.

    The coaching staff knew that the best they could hope for was a "Dilfer" like year out of BJ....
    hold mistakes to a minimum...the run game and defense will do the rest.

    Brad was a starter on this team by default....not because he was any better then a backup.
    Wilfs and coaching staff knew it and paid him accordingly.

    Would I say the same thing if they vikes were 8-4 right now??
    I really dont know...obviously is easier to "understand" why he didnt get paid more when he has had his worst season of his career!

    A final note....I dont think BJ's salary would have anything to do with other QB's coming into Minnesota.
    If they decide to go after a SCHAUB....or a player like that....the WILFS know they will have to pay true starters money.

    BJ was a true stand up guy.
    He signed a contract and has played that contract without bitching and whining....IF he would have played outstanding football this year...he would have probably gotten a raise without asking....
    I doubt seriously if he will be asking for one this off season!
    That didn't really clarify anything lol
    ;D

    If he was the starter then he should get starter pay. For as much as you say about the Wilfs and their reluctance to pay starter money for Brad I could say since Brad didn't get starter money he gave a second stringers effort.........we will never know.

    If he is the #1 he needs #1 pay IMO, regardless of if it's Brooks or TJACK or BJ. Say Childress decides Brooks Bollinger is our starter next year, give the man a raise.

  2. #12
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "Del" wrote:
    That didn't really clarify anything lol
    ;D

    If he was the starter then he should get starter pay. For as much as you say about the Wilfs and their reluctance to pay starter money for Brad I could say since Brad didn't get starter money he gave a second stringers effort.........we will never know.

    If he is the #1 he needs #1 pay IMO, regardless of if it's Brooks or TJACK or BJ. Say Childress decides Brooks Bollinger is our starter next year, give the man a raise.
    Now you just lost your argument.
    If Bollinger goes in he is going in as a backup taking over as the starter.
    In BJs case he was going in as the starter for the season, not as a backup.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #13
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That didn't really clarify anything lol
    ;D

    If he was the starter then he should get starter pay. For as much as you say about the Wilfs and their reluctance to pay starter money for Brad I could say since Brad didn't get starter money he gave a second stringers effort.........we will never know.

    If he is the #1 he needs #1 pay IMO, regardless of if it's Brooks or TJACK or BJ. Say Childress decides Brooks Bollinger is our starter next year, give the man a raise.
    Now you just lost your argument.
    If Bollinger goes in he is going in as a backup taking over as the starter.
    In BJs case he was going in as the starter for the season, not as a backup.
    No I didn't. Last season Brad Johnson was not the starter, this season he was so he deserved starter pay because Childress knew he would be the guy for the entire season.

    I said "If Childress decides BB is our starter NEXT YEAR, give the man a raise"

    Which would be the exact same situation Brad Johnson was in.

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "Del" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That didn't really clarify anything lol
    ;D

    If he was the starter then he should get starter pay. For as much as you say about the Wilfs and their reluctance to pay starter money for Brad I could say since Brad didn't get starter money he gave a second stringers effort.........we will never know.

    If he is the #1 he needs #1 pay IMO, regardless of if it's Brooks or TJACK or BJ. Say Childress decides Brooks Bollinger is our starter next year, give the man a raise.
    Now you just lost your argument.
    If Bollinger goes in he is going in as a backup taking over as the starter.
    In BJs case he was going in as the starter for the season, not as a backup.
    No I didn't. Last season Brad Johnson was not the starter, this season he was so he deserved starter pay because Childress knew he would be the guy for the entire season.

    I said "If Childress decides BB is our starter NEXT YEAR, give the man a raise"

    Which would be the exact same situation Brad Johnson was in.
    gol 'darnit it, I thought I had you.
    I have to drink this coke, my eyes have dried up into raisins...I missed the whole 'next season' part.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That didn't really clarify anything lol
    ;D

    If he was the starter then he should get starter pay. For as much as you say about the Wilfs and their reluctance to pay starter money for Brad I could say since Brad didn't get starter money he gave a second stringers effort.........we will never know.

    If he is the #1 he needs #1 pay IMO, regardless of if it's Brooks or TJACK or BJ. Say Childress decides Brooks Bollinger is our starter next year, give the man a raise.
    Now you just lost your argument.
    If Bollinger goes in he is going in as a backup taking over as the starter.
    In BJs case he was going in as the starter for the season, not as a backup.
    No I didn't. Last season Brad Johnson was not the starter, this season he was so he deserved starter pay because Childress knew he would be the guy for the entire season.

    I said "If Childress decides BB is our starter NEXT YEAR, give the man a raise"

    Which would be the exact same situation Brad Johnson was in.
    gol 'darnit it, I thought I had you.
    I have to drink this coke, my eyes have dried up into raisins...I missed the whole 'next season' part.
    I saw the vunerability in the comments so I went ahead and tried to squash that angle before someone said "YEAH WELL BY YOUR REASONING BB SHOULD GET STARTER PAY FOR TAKING OVER FOR BRAD!"

  6. #16
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "Del" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That didn't really clarify anything lol
    ;D

    If he was the starter then he should get starter pay. For as much as you say about the Wilfs and their reluctance to pay starter money for Brad I could say since Brad didn't get starter money he gave a second stringers effort.........we will never know.

    If he is the #1 he needs #1 pay IMO, regardless of if it's Brooks or TJACK or BJ. Say Childress decides Brooks Bollinger is our starter next year, give the man a raise.
    Now you just lost your argument.
    If Bollinger goes in he is going in as a backup taking over as the starter.
    In BJs case he was going in as the starter for the season, not as a backup.
    No I didn't. Last season Brad Johnson was not the starter, this season he was so he deserved starter pay because Childress knew he would be the guy for the entire season.

    I said "If Childress decides BB is our starter NEXT YEAR, give the man a raise"

    Which would be the exact same situation Brad Johnson was in.
    gol 'darnit it, I thought I had you.
    I have to drink this coke, my eyes have dried up into raisins...I missed the whole 'next season' part.
    I saw the vunerability in the comments so I went ahead and tried to squash that angle before someone said "YEAH WELL BY YOUR REASONING BB SHOULD GET STARTER PAY FOR TAKING OVER FOR BRAD!"
    There is always some asshole looking for the flaw and going for the throat.
    That is one of the constants on the Internet.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #17
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    Ya, I have to admit that I never felt so good after a loss, I felt that we actually played well (except for Brad), and show hope of a good future.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    Tell Brad he doesn't get paid a dime, as well as the right side of the line and T-Will, if they don't win. I know it's rediculous but I feel that you shouldn't be making barely any money if you can't go out and win. I say that if you lose, you shouldn't be allowed to make more than 50g that week. If you win, you can make as much as the salary cap would allow. You'd see pretty quickly who's there for the money and who loves to play the game.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

  9. #19
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "RK." wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:

    BJ was a true stand up guy.
    He signed a contract and has played that contract without bitching and whining....
    I agree 100% with that.
    Even though he is not playing well I still like BJ.
    He is having a tough year.
    Maybe its time to give someone else a shot.
    However he is a good guy and I am not going to dump on him for doing what he could to help this team out.
    He was put in a tough situation with all the changes and he was a stand up guy about it and a class act.
    He did the best he could.
    I am not going to rag on him for it and neither should anyone else.
    Thats a fair point. At the end of the day he played to the best of his ability and unfortunately that was found to not be good enough. He hasn't bitched or whined about things to anybody, just got on with his job and took his lumps. The coaching staff should have realised this earlier.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #20
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462

    Re: It is not all doom and gloom.

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:

    BJ was a true stand up guy.
    He signed a contract and has played that contract without bitching and whining....
    I agree 100% with that.
    Even though he is not playing well I still like BJ.
    He is having a tough year.
    Maybe its time to give someone else a shot.
    However he is a good guy and I am not going to dump on him for doing what he could to help this team out.
    He was put in a tough situation with all the changes and he was a stand up guy about it and a class act.
    He did the best he could.
    I am not going to rag on him for it and neither should anyone else.
    Thats a fair point. At the end of the day he played to the best of his ability and unfortunately that was found to not be good enough. He hasn't bitched or whined about things to anybody, just got on with his job and took his lumps. The coaching staff should have realised this earlier.
    Exactly.
    Think about it.
    He was hired as a backup.
    Came in last year and did a good job after Peps injury and horrible start.
    In the off season PEP forces himself to be traded off the team.
    BJ gets a new Head Coach an entire new coaching staff.
    A whole new offense.
    A new O line.
    A new backfield.
    A receiving corp that drops his passes.
    And a new owner.
    That would be a tough assignment for any QB to fill I don't care who it is.

    WWBGD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Enough Gloom
    By RC_Freak in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM
  2. Doom 3
    By Space Coyote in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •