Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Nostradamus Says So

The Grassy Knoll scholars in their continuing research of Nostradamus and his famous Quatrains of the Centuries where he predicts future events with precision accuracy has uncovered one particular Quatrain that could not be interpreted until now. The Grassy Knoll has determined that the following Quatrain is indeed describing the Minnesota Vikings are their upcoming 2004 season.

Century VI

Quatrain XXII

Eight months born before the great Millennium, The house of Gemini will be dominant in the sky during the harvest of the number of man.
    By the fury of a former warrior three years beyond his journey, receives his gift.
    To speak the truth they will have closed mouths.
    The great bear will no longer be in a false sleep lulled by the mire when the nautical oar extends to provoke the great empire.
    No longer will the sweet manna fall upon the Lion, Eagle, or the Ram upon the arrival of the twenty-two horned invaders come ashore. The purple splendor of war shared by all.

Lets examine the first line, Eight months born before the great Millennium, Nostradamus clearly gives us the date of April 1999 which is the month and year Daunte Culpepper was selected by the Vikings in round one.

The second part of line one, “The house of Gemini will be dominant in the sky during the harvest of the number of man.” Gemini has a symbol of twins, or two. Culpepper’s jersey number is eleven, which are twin number ones. Further along, Nostradamus mentions the harvest that puts the timeline at the fall season when Culpepper would begin his dominance. Finally, the number of man according to the bible is six. This is Culpeppers sixth year as a Viking. He is poised to be dominant through the air as in a great passing attack. How befitting that the team he plays for also begins with six. VIkings.

The second line begins with, By the fury of a former warrior three years beyond his journey, receives his gift. This line begins by naming the current coach, Mike Tice. On January 10, 2002, Tice was named the 6th Head Coach in Vikings history. Tice is the 3rd of the 6 Vikings Head Coaches to be promoted from within the team's coaching ranks but is the 1st Head Coach to have played for the Vikings. Tice a former Viking (Warrior) is in his third season as head coach. No one can deny coach Tice and the fury he emits while roaming the sideline. His gift can only be the Superbowl victory that all other coaches before him fell short. Only a former warrior can achieve this glory.

The second part of line two, To speak the truth they will have closed mouths. Denotes the team as a whole. Last year Chris Hovan was jarring and jabbering about how good the Vikings were going to be and they came up short. Randy Moss decided to stop speaking to the press allowing his actions on the field to speak for him. In 2004, there hasn’t been that type of hype. It has been quiet confidence. It appears that the team will speak the truth on the field through their actions and ability rather than tout their greatness off the field thus speaking the truth with their mouths closed.

The third line speaks volumes of the off-season the Vikings had. The great bear will no longer be in a false sleep lulled by the mire when the nautical oar extends to provoke the great empire. To begin, the great bear, refers to Marcus Robinson who after a spectacular season with Chicago has been hurt and has not achieved success since. The mire, (mire happens to be another word for Moss, as in Randy Moss) targets Randy Moss when he exploded on the scene in 1998 making the other receivers stars shine less brightly. Now, teamed together, (nautical oar extends) the tandem will reach the pinnacle of success that is the superbowl. (Great Empire)

The last line sums of the season for the Minnesota Vikings. No longer will the sweet manna fall upon the Lion, Eagle, or the Ram upon the arrival of the twenty-two horned invaders come ashore. The purple splendor of war shared by all. The sweet manna, or fruits of hard labor and the spoils of war, will no longer be bestowed upon any other but the horned invaders. (The Vikings insignia is a purple horned helmet) The Vikings have been so close to the pinnacle of victory so many times but no more. The twenty-two, (the offense and defense) arrive in 2004 and claim victory with their first superbowl win. The fans, young and all will unite as one and celebrate this victory with a great feast placed out in front of us all. (Purple splendor of war shared by all)

With all these signs from Nostradamus, the Grassy Knoll can only believe that the Minnesota Vikings will march like an invading horde through the NFC led by Culpepper, Moss, Robinson, and the rest of the twenty-two never yielding in their quest to win the superbowl.

Vikings record this season.

11-5 winning the superbowl in a bloody battle against the Ravens.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

http://lotgk.wordpress.com

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Nostradamus Says So

I am speechless!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Nostradamus Says So

It shall be so.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Nostradamus Says So

Is that a real Nostradamus quatrain, XTAP?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Nostradamus Says So

Yeah, is that real? If it is, that is crazy

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Nostradamus Says So

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Is that a real Nostradamus quatrain, XTAP?
    I must confess.........

It is not a real Quatrain.
    It is a compiliation of his quatrains that I use to manipulate my dedication to the Minnesota Vikings.

I was reading several Quatrains several motns ago and noticed that several lines seemed to fit the Vikings.

With a little creative writing and imagination, the above post was formed.

But, you never know, it could be one of his lost centuries Quatrains.......

And I'm stickin to that story.....<grinning>

LOTGK

skogs02 is offline Starter

Nostradamus Says So

i cant believe you have time to try to figure that out

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Nostradamus Says So

that was pretty cool eitherway
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Nostradamus Says So

"skogs02" wrote:
    i cant believe you have time to try to figure that out
    Its what I do.....When I'm not lurking on the grassy knoll.....

Actually, you can take just about any text and find what you are looking for.

LOTGK

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Nostradamus Says So

Hmmm...I remember when I was young and intellecutal and had the time to pursue such noble interests.

No one listened to me, then, either.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast