Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Yeah as that seems very overlooked. Over on more accuracy. Not just with arm strength. Matt Cassel hopefully will mentor young Teddy B!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Just watching pre-season, it appears Teddy has accuracy and a better arm than I thought. The hard part has got to be knowing how it will translate to games against complex defenses and real pressure. We already know how Ponder and Cassel react, and we know how Teddy did in college, but there's no good way to know how Teddy will do until he plays in a real game. Pre-season games will give us a peek into the future, but even those games are glorified scrimmages with vanilla like defenses.
    Given what we know, Ponder is out, Cassel is in but limited, and Teddy is knocking on the door.
    If Teddy tears it up in pre-season games, I think he may start right away. Cassel is the logical starter now, but we all know he is a back up QB.
    Though it is difficult to evaluate, Teddy appears to be doing as well or better than expected so far. It shouldn't be far fetched to think he will beat out the two schmoes he's competing against.

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    I will take accuracy over a big arm any day. Any body remember McLeod Bethel-Thompson?

I seen him at training camp in 2013, he could throw a country mile but not hit the barn.

--Scott

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Norv did get over 4000 yards from Brad Johnson and put him in the Pro Bowl. The notion that a "strong armed" QB is needed for Norv's offense has been explained in much detail in many articles (including the one that started this thread). Especially when drafting Teddy with all the weak arm talk surrounding him.

Bottom line, he doesn't necessarily need a strong arm and both Cassell and Bridgewater should have adequate arm strength if they can handle the other aspects well.

IMO, who starts in week one is still open. Cassell is probably the odds on favorite, but don't be surprised if Teddy is starting relatively soon unless Cassell plays at a high level. I think Matt's inconsistency will be what benches him. Just don't see him putting a string of good games together.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Norv can adjust his scheme to the QB (and players) around him but that doesn't change my mind that he wouldn't want to run his scheme with a QB that fits his scheme.

By the way, Cassel has a crappy arm. Bridge's is much much better when it comes to release angle/point and strength.

Jaws Breaks Down Chiefs QB Matt Cassel - Arrowhead Pride
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The double A gap blitz gave the Vikings fits last year. If they can't get that problem solved, I don't see how any of the QB's will have success in Norv's system.
    On which side of the ball? We couldn't stop it or run it from the defensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    BTW, welcome back. Slow around here without you.
    Thanks old friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12