Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm good with it. The guy has been around, like Zimmer.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Spielman gets the credit for both interviewing and wanting to hire Zimmer, and Wilf's gets the credit for saying yes to hiring Zimmer. I still don't have all the faith in the world for Spielman, but he did good here. Just please let someone else pick the damn QB, Spielman has been gawd awful at doing that.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Spielman gets the credit for both interviewing and wanting to hire Zimmer, and Wilf's gets the credit for saying yes to hiring Zimmer. I still don't have all the faith in the world for Spielman, but he did good here. Just please let someone else pick the damn QB, Spielman has been gawd awful at doing that.
    Amen to that!!.. Let Norv pick the QB... Given that... this is as excited and positive as I have ever been about our team and coaching staff... if we can get even a decent qb.. with the talent around him and the coaching staff.. namely NT... we should be in really good shape!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Amen to that!!.. Let Norv pick the QB... Given that... this is as excited and positive as I have ever been about our team and coaching staff... if we can get even a decent qb.. with the talent around him and the coaching staff.. namely NT... we should be in really good shape!
    I agree, and I share your excitement about our beloved Vikes!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I agree. Le the coaches who do this everyday pick the players on the team.

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Yep, If he is going let go of control (for his own good) let Norv pick the QB.
    I do not care if they use the first round or second or third on the QB because I feel Zimmer will have this D operating at a high level sooner rather then later.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Norv Turner to become Vikes OC!

He have a good background and did good in Cleveland and would probably have Cassel looking good and at tha same time grooming a rookie QB, our offense is betta than Cleveland I would say, this is wat we needed for offense

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    The people who like Spielman will say Spielman, the people who don't will say Wilf. At least for now...

From what I have heard and read, Spielman was the primary player in the coach search. A couple of weeks ago Spielman basically put the blame on the Wilfs for hiring Frazier, stating very specifically that he was not the GM at the time. Spielman: 'The ownership hired Leslie' - Minnesota Vikings Blog - ESPN

Spielman was pretty vocal about NOT rushing through the coaching search like the last two hires that the ownership has made, and pretty vocal about the search belonging to him, and only needing to consult with the Wilfs.

But then again, I am a Spielman fan, so I am sure others will disagree.
    I'm a fan of the current structure with the GM in charge of personnel and the head coach search. Spielman is the most important man in the organization with regard to the Vikings success. No amount of great coaching can overcome a lack of talented players. The theory Spielman and the Wilfs are working under is the talent will be on the roster if the coaching staff can get the most out of them. It's up to Spielman to put that talent on the roster. That remains to be seen.
    I heard Robison, on the radio, say that Spielman met with players, to ask them what they were looking for, in a new coach. I thought that was a smart.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Everything is going so well I can't shake the feeling that disaster is just around the corner.
    I think Spielman will involve both Zimm and Turner in the search for a QB in case it goes wrong again. That way he can hold his hands up and say it was a joint effort I didn't screw up alone.

Good times and I might get to a game this year in September
    Purple till i die

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    I think Spielman will involve both Zimm and Turner in the search for a QB in case it goes wrong again.
    I think he should do this regardless.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast