Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Norv Turner..

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I am thinking Norv is a hell of an upgrade over what we've seen around here for quite some time. I for one am looking forward to it.
    Amen brother. Even with Cassel as the starter I expect to have a shot at the playoffs, providing Spielman can acquire the 4 or 5 upgrades needed on defense. CB,CB,DT,MLB,S, and resign Griffen or Allen at a discount.
    Ultimately, to go anywhere in the playoffs, they will need to upgrade at QB. I think it will happen this year.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I am thinking Norv is a hell of an upgrade over what we've seen around here for quite some time. I for one am looking forward to it.
    I agree.

An offense that attacks defensive weaknesses would be nice.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yardage doesn't win ball games, scoring does. 5-11 is good now?

Using your yardage angle, in 2011 when Musgrave came in, the Vikings were 23th in total yardage. In 2013 when he left the Vikings were 13th. The points also went up from 29th to 14th. Isn't that considerable improvement?

Just saying....
    Denver's record setting high scoring offense would have agreed with you if they didn't get spanked in the Super Bowl

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    We will also benefit from Norv's playcalling... and I think the offense will be more exciting to watch... Musgrave?? please... that hurt my eyes to see him call boneheaded play after boneheaded play...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123