Norseman's Open Letter to the Vikings!

I know you are swamped. I can only assume that the recent dealings have put added issues on you. I hope you are holding up OK. I can honestly say that I have found one thing about your job I DO NOT ENVY and probably one reason why I could not do it. I hope it's not all that bad, but if it is I'm thinking about you and anyone involved in trying to iron all this mess out.
    Just some random thought I have had:
    - These guys are paid huge sums of money and some of them do not have the supporting cast around them to keep them "grounded".
    - If this was to promote team unity, I am sure there were other options...bowling, nice restaurant, community involvement, visiting sick kids in the hospital, softball game, etc, etc. I just think they put themseleves in a precarious situation with their choice of unification and team building ideas.
    - The true believers and fans (like myself) all understand that these are just guys and if we think about it, we might do the very same things if we had the time and resources these guys do. It just gets magnified because they are Vikings. Everything they do is magnified...especially when there are so many of them at one time in the same environment. It's tough to dodge that ball...you know?
    - They need to be men and at least come out and tell the team members who was involved and thet need to apologize. I understand the ramifications in asking forgiveness of the fans and/or the league, but at least keep it in the "family" and get this out of the way. Even a win this weekend will not make all the hurt and "bad name" stuff go away. The fans can handle it, but the boys involved need to come clean with each other and with the team to clear the air and try to avoid this from happening ever again. Only together will it heal the wound.
    - I still love my Vikings and I proudly wear my purple each and every day I get that chance.
    Good luck to everyone this weekend. We do need the win this weekend, but not without being ONE team and ONE group of guys who believe in the team they represent. There is NFL life away from the Vikings, but they need to be proud of where they are now and what they need to do to win as a team. If they can't get that stuff done...wins are hollow and chamionships are never won that way.
    Anyway, if you made it this far thanks. Just venting to the "inside man".
    Later.

Gene Ramsay
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Norseman's Open Letter to the Vikings!

I think a W this weekend would heal many many wounds. It won't fix my broken remote, but man would it heal a lot of wounds!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Explanation? :scratch:

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

AlabamaVikings wrote:

- I still love my Vikings and I proudly wear my purple each and every day I get that chance.

I LOVE IT !! I am with you man.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey BamaVike, we all are feeling the blemish of a few bad decisions, and I will wear my Purple with the Pride that 45years of Viking Football has installed in me... We will get through this and I believe like the phoenix will rise from the ruble and debris (BS) and win our division. Skol.