Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Gee,I wonder why you left this part out?

"It may be true that the offensive approach won't change if it's Jackson starting at quarterback for the Vikings, but the offensive output surely will change if the Vikings go from Favre (whose passer rating was 107.2 last season) to Jackson (whose career passer rating is 77.9)."
    Two reasons.......

1. Shanc didn't say it. It was the authors opinion. He has no way of knowing what our output will be when TJ takes the field as our starter.

2. He mixed numbers/spun it so the mindless masses would buy into it. If you look closely, you will see he used the Noodles passer rating from last year (not combined) and used TJ's combined passer rating instead of TJ's from last year.

Noodle Career 86.6/Last year 107.2
    TJ Career 77.9/Last year 113.4
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."
    Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.
    I recall Childress wanting to pull Favre to keep him from getting killed. The O-line wasn't blocking anyone and Favre was taking a pounding.
    So we are gonna blame the OLine for that one. I see........snicker........ :P

Of course the Noodle, being the statue that he is, was taking a beating. What do you think would have happened if a more mobile QB got in there? Could it in some small way helped the Oline, which in turn could have bought time for the recievers, which, heavens forbid, could have helped us win.

Bevs knew this, the Chiller knew this, even the Noodle knew this. Thats why he (The Noodle) didn't want his cover blown by someone like TJ being put in.
    your right. He was worried about his cover being blown, not about the fact that it was a 1 point game and TJ was notorious for crumbling under pressure.
    I am sure thats what the Noodle was thinking. My guess, two things were going through his head.....

1. I'm the Noodle, I can still pull this off.

2. I sure the hell don't want someone else coming in and winning this.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."
    Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.
    I recall Childress wanting to pull Favre to keep him from getting killed. The O-line wasn't blocking anyone and Favre was taking a pounding.

Of course the Noodle, being the statue that he is, was taking a beating. What do you think would have happened if a more mobile QB got in there? Could it in some small way helped the Oline, which in turn could have bought time for the recievers, which, heavens forbid, could have helped us win.

Bevs knew this, the Chiller knew this, even the Noodle knew this. Thats why he (The Noodle) didn't want his cover blown by someone like TJ being put in.
    your right. He was worried about his cover being blown, not about the fact that it was a 1 point game and TJ was notorious for crumbling under pressure.
    I am sure thats what the Noodle was thinking. My guess, two things were going through his head.....

Sure. Still the fact remains, TJ is notorious for crumbling under pressure.

TJ's rollout/jumppass technique works part of the time at best against inferior opponents, what makes you think he'd have more success against a team that was playing us well.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Favre or Jackson, Shiancoe says Vikings' offense is the same
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    is it possible for you to read an article taht references the Vikings and not spin it wildly out of control into a massive anti-Favre rant?
    Nope. Don't like him. Never will.

He's saying nothing will change as far as our approach, that TJ has matured.

He's not saying TJ will do as well, nor is he saying he won't.
    Is it possible to admit that TJ might be better than some of you think?
    Absolutely. If he's grown by leaps and bounds, thats teriffic. I'll never hope he fails. If he Righfully wins the starting job over Favre this year, thats fantastic, because that means we've got a great young QB on our hands. Based on what he's done so far, that isn't the case.
    Are the players designing those sets? No, but someone eventually tells them about them.
    So you think we've got our gameplans set and ready for tweaking before training camp even starts? In 3 days of minicamp players know all the differences between last year and this year? Doubt it.
    So you don't think that a player who has been in this system for a few years, wouldn't be able to comment on the complexity of the packages being put in now as apposed to a year or two ago?

Think of it this way.

a. A new team, new players, new scheme, new coaches etc gets more time (by league rules) to get these sets in.

b. A team that has been together, predominantly populated by vets, familiar with the scheme, the coaches etc, get less time (by league rules) to get these sets in.

The Vikes are a (b) team, someone like the Seachickens are a (a) team.

In short, I believe Shanc knows whats going on.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

So basically your saying that he hasn't grown, hasn't shown improvement etc etc.

I can see where you are coming from. I just see it another way, mostly because of comments from the players.

TJ's rollout/jumppass technique works part of the time at best against inferior opponents, what makes you think he'd have more success against a team that was playing us well.
    Did you watch him play last year? Regardless, it isn't what I think, its what Shanc said that is the discussion point.

Are you now going to email/twitter Shanc and ask him that question? I would love to see his answer.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

So basically your saying that he hasn't grown, hasn't shown improvement etc etc.

I can see where you are coming from. I just see it another way, mostly because of comments from the players.

Did you watch him play last year? Regardless, it isn't what I think, its what Shanc said that is the discussion point.
    So now we're using mop up duty from last year as a measuring stick of TJ's success?

Are you now going to email/twitter Shanc and ask him that question? I would love to see his answer.
    Nope, don't have twitter, and me and Shank don't exchange emails. And do you really think he's going to say what he really thinks? No matter who you ask (aside from maybe Allen aparantly), they're all going to say the basic scripted line "TJ has been working hard all year and this offseason to improve as a player. Working with Bret has been beneficial to everybody, and I'm excited to see what he is capable of."

as for that specific question, answer probably goes. "Well, Brett's a competitor. He doesn't like coming out even if we're up by 30, I know it would kill him to come out of a game that close"

Which is really all anybody has said on the matter.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Favre or Jackson, Shiancoe says Vikings' offense is the same
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yup...in Jackson's 5 seasons here we've NEVER had people on the staff or on the team come out and tell us how ready Jackson was to perform, and how much progress he'd made. This is a real first...

Reread the quote, Marr. Shiancoe said "Nothing will change in our offensive approach..." That means they'll run the same types of plays...it doesn't mean that they'll be as successful. It doesn't mean that the plays will work as well.

The rest is the typical drivel that players toss to the media this time of the year. AS I mentioned above, how many times have we heard this same crap about Jackson? How many years in a row?

Fact is, Shiancoe can't very well come out and say, "Damn...if Favre stays home? We be screwed!!! That cat Jackson? Kid ain't worth a pot full of piss...and after 5 years!!! I think that kid is seriously retarded!!" He HAS to say crap like the above - they ALL do.

And every year someone throws it up on these boards and tries to validate their love for Jackson with locker room quotes. And every year Jackson either sucks or gets benched.

So which will it be this year?

Caine
    I love how you highligted the word approach. It could almost be changed with "Game Plan".

Quick question, .....Do you think they changed the "Approach" to the offense last year with the Noodle?

For me, I think the answer is yes. If in fact they did open the playbook up (Approach), then basically Shanc is saying they won't change back (closing the playbook) if TJ starts.

Yes, we have repeatedly seen people on this staff and players from this team, back ole TJ. Its what I like about this team.

As you know, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year won't be the same. Heck I have beers riding on it.
    Yes cause Shank is in pre-plan meetings. LOL aren't you the one who says Favre has nothing to do with the game plans. LMFAO! Which one is it Marrdro? Shank does not know jack shit along with a yutz with a keyboard. We could ask Chilly though but even then you won't get a straight answer. Probably just dress in drag and hit on C Mac.
    Were in the hell in that post do you see me saying anything about the TE gameplanning anything?

LYMFAO, but it is kindof a L in vain as you don't have a clue with respect to what I said.

I'll help, pay close attention to the words, especially the word "They". When you read it, pretend I colored a picture of the coaching staff for you.

LYMFAO my ass. ......snicker......Who's the yutz with the keyboard now? :P

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    do you really want an answer?

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

So now we're using mop up duty from last year as a measuring stick of TJ's success?

Nope, don't have twitter, and me and Shank don't exchange emails. And do you really think he's going to say what he really thinks? No matter who you ask (aside from maybe Allen aparantly), they're all going to say the basic scripted line "TJ has been working hard all year and this offseason to improve as a player. Working with Bret has been beneficial to everybody, and I'm excited to see what he is capable of."

as for that specific question, answer probably goes. "Well, Brett's a competitor. He doesn't like coming out even if we're up by 30, I know it would kill him to come out of a game that close"

Which is really all anybody has said on the matter.
    So basically your discounting everything thats said by the players and coaches to the media then.

If I may, I would like to take that a bit further. If that is the case, then you must agree with me that you can't believe everything you hear from the players, coaches and staff. Taking that one step further, you must then agree with me that they could care less about the fans cause they openly lie to us.

Hmmmmm, talk about someone using a double standard. HA. Get out of that one my friend. :P

You guys sure are using that one alot.

Aside from the few starters that were left in there (Nodackpaul corrected me on), TJ had far less talent out there than the Noodle did and still put points on the board.

Quick question, in those mop up duties, was the opposing teams defense just running out there and not trying? Surely they didn't run out their 2's and 3's.

Comeon, I know its hard for ya, but atleast give him (and our team) some credit here. It isn't just the Noodle who won those games. It was a team effort.

I for one believe we have a damn good team, not just a damn good QB.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    do you really want an answer?
    .....snicker.......Whats gonna be fun in all this......I didn't get all pissy with you guys, who hated on Shanc when he got here, when he started to come around 2 years ago (Pre-Noodle by the way), but I am sure gonna rub this in.

Suffice it to say, Crow is gonna be served my friend. I can hear it know........

"We never said TJ wasn't gonna be good." "We always said we hoped he would be good".

LOL.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast