Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."

Favre or Jackson, Shiancoe says Vikings' offense is the same
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    is it possible for you to read an article taht references the Vikings and not spin it wildly out of control into a massive anti-Favre rant?
    Absolutely not.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Gee,I wonder why you left this part out?

"It may be true that the offensive approach won't change if it's Jackson starting at quarterback for the Vikings, but the offensive output surely will change if the Vikings go from Favre (whose passer rating was 107.2 last season) to Jackson (whose career passer rating is 77.9)."
    talk about selective quoting.
    He tends to do that a lot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Gee,I wonder why you left this part out?

"It may be true that the offensive approach won't change if it's Jackson starting at quarterback for the Vikings, but the offensive output surely will change if the Vikings go from Favre (whose passer rating was 107.2 last season) to Jackson (whose career passer rating is 77.9)."
    Oops. I guess the truth in inconvenient.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    \
    Do you think before you post anymore? Your hate for our QB has blinded your common sense.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Good to see Shank showing confidence in T-Jack.

Obviously T-Jack won't play as good as Favre when Favre is playing great like he did. I mean there's like 5 QB's in NFL history who have so there's no need to mock Shank and take his comments that way.

I'm sure he just appreciates Jackson's work ethic and growth and thinks the team would have a good chance with him.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I guess it would be refreshing to go from the 300 yard and multiple TD passing games to the buck 50 and one TD once in a while games for a change of pace.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    is it possible for you to read an article taht references the Vikings and not spin it wildly out of control into a massive anti-Favre rant?
    Nope. Don't like him. Never will.

He's saying nothing will change as far as our approach, that TJ has matured.

He's not saying TJ will do as well, nor is he saying he won't.
    Is it possible to admit that TJ might be better than some of you think?

I also thought that players weren't involved with gameplanning and playcalling? At least thats waht you tell me. How would Shank know what they will or won't do?
    You do realize they are already putting in sets that will eventually be the basis for thier weekly gameplans?

Who wouldn't know more about those gameplans than the players who have to execute them.

Are the players designing those sets? No, but someone eventually tells them about them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.
    I recall Childress wanting to pull Favre to keep him from getting killed. The O-line wasn't blocking anyone and Favre was taking a pounding.
    So we are gonna blame the OLine for that one. I see........snicker........ :P

Of course the Noodle, being the statue that he is, was taking a beating. What do you think would have happened if a more mobile QB got in there? Could it in some small way helped the Oline, which in turn could have bought time for the recievers, which, heavens forbid, could have helped us win.

Bevs knew this, the Chiller knew this, even the Noodle knew this. Thats why he (The Noodle) didn't want his cover blown by someone like TJ being put in.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Nope. Don't like him. Never will.

He's saying nothing will change as far as our approach, that TJ has matured.

He's not saying TJ will do as well, nor is he saying he won't.
    Is it possible to admit that TJ might be better than some of you think?
    Absolutely. If he's grown by leaps and bounds, thats teriffic. I'll never hope he fails. If he Righfully wins the starting job over Favre this year, thats fantastic, because that means we've got a great young QB on our hands. Based on what he's done so far, that isn't the case.
    Are the players designing those sets? No, but someone eventually tells them about them.
    So you think we've got our gameplans set and ready for tweaking before training camp even starts? In 3 days of minicamp players know all the differences between last year and this year? Doubt it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.
    I recall Childress wanting to pull Favre to keep him from getting killed. The O-line wasn't blocking anyone and Favre was taking a pounding.
    So we are gonna blame the OLine for that one. I see........snicker........ :P

Of course the Noodle, being the statue that he is, was taking a beating. What do you think would have happened if a more mobile QB got in there? Could it in some small way helped the Oline, which in turn could have bought time for the recievers, which, heavens forbid, could have helped us win.

Bevs knew this, the Chiller knew this, even the Noodle knew this. Thats why he (The Noodle) didn't want his cover blown by someone like TJ being put in.
    your right. He was worried about his cover being blown, not about the fact that it was a 1 point game and TJ was notorious for crumbling under pressure.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast