Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 218
  1. #101
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You (Marrdro) are in a different world ever since Favre came.
    Sadly.

    I really thought that one of the best seasons in Vikings history and easily the best QB play since the Vikings have moved into the dome would have brought Marrdro down to earth. I used to joke that Favre could win the Super Bowl singlehandedly while at the same time setting every SB passing, rushing and receiving record (yeah, he passes to himself Brad Johnson style), and Marrdro still wouldn't accept it. I realize now that it wasn't a joke...

    This has become a crusade at this point, and I don't think any level of success would put an end to it. I honestly think that he is so deep into it now that he is past the point of no return, and the best he can hope for is to keep on reaching for any and every shred of a mistake Favre makes and pray that he regresses this year so that he can be somewhat justified in his campaigns...
    The problem here is that I readily admit that I don't like the guy and never will. Even after saying that, I can and have had legitimate discussions with respect to his play from both a good and a bad perspective.

    Not sure how that is any different that some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ?

    On a side note, I do find it funny that you guys used to hack on the Noodle for the same stuff I still do, when he was a PUKER, but now seem to want to over look it.
    Because he's a Viking. How hard is that to understand? We support our players as long as they play well. If they are struggling, thats when we get hard on these guys.

    We loved to take shots at Favre as a Packer, because he was a Packer. Because it annoyed the hell out of cheeseheads. As a Jet, I didn't care really, and as a Viking I support him 100%, as I have for every new player until he gives me a reason not to.
    Sure Favre played great last season, but it's not like he hasn't given us reasons to rip him. For one he has not handle the last 3 or 4 off seasons like a professional. Some might even say that by skipping training camp and withholding his retirement decisions he has put himself ahead of the team. I for one think a players actions from other teams do carry with them to their new team.(eg. I would not give Haynesworth a clean slate if he signed with us).
    In my mind poor play is one of the easiest things to forgive, as long as the effort is there.
    I love Favre(in a very hetero way), but that doesn't mean he is above critisism.
    Forget it my friend. The Noodle love has gone off the deep end. Its gotten so bad that most of them don't even want to acknowledge that he has faults.

    Hell, its almost as bad as trying to talk to old PUKER fans about him. I am sure you remember how staunch they were in support of him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #102
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You (Marrdro) are in a different world ever since Favre came.
    Sadly.

    I really thought that one of the best seasons in Vikings history and easily the best QB play since the Vikings have moved into the dome would have brought Marrdro down to earth. I used to joke that Favre could win the Super Bowl singlehandedly while at the same time setting every SB passing, rushing and receiving record (yeah, he passes to himself Brad Johnson style), and Marrdro still wouldn't accept it. I realize now that it wasn't a joke...

    This has become a crusade at this point, and I don't think any level of success would put an end to it. I honestly think that he is so deep into it now that he is past the point of no return, and the best he can hope for is to keep on reaching for any and every shred of a mistake Favre makes and pray that he regresses this year so that he can be somewhat justified in his campaigns...
    The problem here is that I readily admit that I don't like the guy and never will. Even after saying that, I can and have had legitimate discussions with respect to his play from both a good and a bad perspective.

    Not sure how that is any different that some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ?

    On a side note, I do find it funny that you guys used to hack on the Noodle for the same stuff I still do, when he was a PUKER, but now seem to want to over look it.
    Because he's a Viking. How hard is that to understand? We support our players as long as they play well. If they are struggling, thats when we get hard on these guys.

    We loved to take shots at Favre as a Packer, because he was a Packer. Because it annoyed the hell out of cheeseheads. As a Jet, I didn't care really, and as a Viking I support him 100%, as I have for every new player until he gives me a reason not to.
    Sure Favre played great last season, but it's not like he hasn't given us reasons to rip him. For one he has not handle the last 3 or 4 off seasons like a professional. Some might even say that by skipping training camp and withholding his retirement decisions he has put himself ahead of the team. I for one think a players actions from other teams do carry with them to their new team.(eg. I would not give Haynesworth a clean slate if he signed with us).
    I love Favre(in a very hetero way), but that doesn't mean he is above critisism.
    you're right. You're allowed to criticize Favre, he's not above the team. harping on him for his offseason activities and inability to win a superbowl recently is one thing.

    however, I might remind you, there has only ever been 28 QB's to ever win a superbowl. Favre has been to the NFCC the last two times he's made the playoffs with different teams. He undoubtedly has the skill to take a team there. our alternatives can't say that.

    I think harping on guys like Favre, McNabb, Manning etc. for not winning a superbowl is rediculous. If they constantly went one and done in the playoffs, then sure, rip away. But being to multiple championship games is nothing to scoff at.

    Reason we're hard on marrdro for it, is he throws logic, facts and reasoning out the window when it comes to Favre, and goes on 100% pure emotional hate 'disdain'. If it were TJ who had that exact same season, he'd be praising how great TJ was isntead of pointing out a handful of throws that were off target.
    Are you trying to say I have never hacked on TJ? Hell, I didn't even want him on the team when we drafted him. I'm the one who came up with the SR49 stuff that almost got me "Green Dotted".
    No, but as you've said before, you are now 100% convinced he's ready. What I'm saying is your dislike for Favre is far greater than anythign else Vikings related for you. Are you really going to deny it?
    Gimme a break. Thats almost as silly as trying to say that I DON'T say good things about the Noodle.
    your bad things about Favre:Good things about Favre ratio is much higher than his TD:INT ratio this season.

  3. #103
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    Marrdro wrote:
    4: The Jets didn't carry Favre in '08. This is evidenced by the fact that after he hurt his arm, they collapsed. You've played that card a couple of times, but it's simply not accurate.
    Yea, like they didn't carry thier QB last year. Even after 21 INT's they still got as far as the Vikes did with the Noodle.
    Sooo... missing the playoffs is going as far as the Vikes did?

    First half of the season, he had MVP type numbers, and was leading the Jets to what looked like a sure Playoff spot. Finishing 1-5, they finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

    In the first half, they had games wehre the beat the cards 56-35 (Yeah, great team effort from the defense), Rams 47-3, Pats 34-31, as well as other good performances from Favre and the Offense. Further down the stretch, his arm gave out, and without a good QB throwing the ball, they struggled. now, if their receivers really were carrying him, wouldn't they have still put up the same type of numbers?

  4. #104
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You (Marrdro) are in a different world ever since Favre came.
    Sadly.

    I really thought that one of the best seasons in Vikings history and easily the best QB play since the Vikings have moved into the dome would have brought Marrdro down to earth. I used to joke that Favre could win the Super Bowl singlehandedly while at the same time setting every SB passing, rushing and receiving record (yeah, he passes to himself Brad Johnson style), and Marrdro still wouldn't accept it. I realize now that it wasn't a joke...

    This has become a crusade at this point, and I don't think any level of success would put an end to it. I honestly think that he is so deep into it now that he is past the point of no return, and the best he can hope for is to keep on reaching for any and every shred of a mistake Favre makes and pray that he regresses this year so that he can be somewhat justified in his campaigns...
    The problem here is that I readily admit that I don't like the guy and never will. Even after saying that, I can and have had legitimate discussions with respect to his play from both a good and a bad perspective.

    Not sure how that is any different that some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ?

    On a side note, I do find it funny that you guys used to hack on the Noodle for the same stuff I still do, when he was a PUKER, but now seem to want to over look it.
    Your "legitimate" discussions about Favre have been few and far between. That is the problem. You minimize the good to just a sidenote to justify the inevitable negative comments you will make, and drastically overemphasize the bad to the point that it is ridiculous.

    The reason it is different than some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ are because players like Tahi and TJ are not even close to being on the same level as Favre. Tahi and TJ both have a lot more "legitimate" areas that they can improve in, and ongoing debate about their value or future potential is somewhat justified.

    Now, you are of course allowed to dislike Favre, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions about a players, but it has become painfully obvious that your opinion of Favre is not at all rooted in reality, but rather in the constructs of your imagination where somehow, somehow Favre wasn't largely responsible for the success we had last year. And everyone sees it but you...

    When you start participating in legitimate discussions about Favre, I will welcome my old friend back to the site (you know, the one who had a decent football mind grounded in reality), and I'll stop laying into whoever the hell has been using your account for the past year...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #105
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    4: The Jets didn't carry Favre in '08. This is evidenced by the fact that after he hurt his arm, they collapsed. You've played that card a couple of times, but it's simply not accurate.
    Yea, like they didn't carry thier QB last year. Even after 21 INT's they still got as far as the Vikes did with the Noodle.
    Sooo... missing the playoffs is going as far as the Vikes did?

    First half of the season, he had MVP type numbers, and was leading the Jets to what looked like a sure Playoff spot. Finishing 1-5, they finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

    In the first half, they had games wehre the beat the cards 56-35 (Yeah, great team effort from the defense), Rams 47-3, Pats 34-31, as well as other good performances from Favre and the Offense. Further down the stretch, his arm gave out, and without a good QB throwing the ball, they struggled. now, if their receivers really were carrying him, wouldn't they have still put up the same type of numbers?
    If I'm not mistaken they lost to the Colts last year in the AFCC game. We lost to the Saints in the NFCC game.

    I think you are mixing years here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #106
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."

    Favre or Jackson, Shiancoe says Vikings' offense is the same
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

    Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Come on marrdro... this is a bad post, even by your standards. First of all, what does shank know? NOTHING. He doesn't converse with the coaches or sit in any game plan meetings, or any meetings for that matter.

    And I hope the APPROACH doesn't change, because if Tartardius doesn't have our entire play book memorized by know after 4 or 5 years of however long its been (feels like forever), and if he can't run all the plays in there at least decently, he shouldn't be on this team.

    Shiancoe never said anything about how we will produce with the offense, just that the approach will stay the same, which I assume is, to score TDs. Doesn't mean we will.

    I honestly don't know what this proves. That after 5 years in a system a person should be able to run it? BFD.

    The difference between us is that even if I don't like a player (Jackson), as long as he is still on the Vikings I will want him to succeed. Your blind hatred for Favre is getting ridiculous, especially if this post is an indication of where your logic is at now.
    Even by my standards? Are you trying to say all my posts are crap?

    You cut me to the quick my friend.

    First of all, what does shank know? NOTHING. He doesn't converse with the coaches or sit in any game plan meetings, or any meetings for that matter.
    So let me get this straight. Shanc just straps it on each and every week and goes out and plays in the blind?

    He never once goes over player tendancies and what play calls will expose those tendancies? He never sits in on meetings with the OL coaches and goes over blocking schemes? He never sits in on TE meetings?

    WOW. No wonder my standards aren't up to snuff.

    By the way, show me one place were I ever said I don't want the Noodle to succeed as our QB.
    Without going back and searching I can 100% say you implied that you wouldn't mind him getting hurt. Somewhat of the same nature. I can almost honestly say you even wanted him to fail but again I won't go back and search. Just now I'm onto you my friend B)
    Nope, I never said I wanted him hurt. I said that Wildman and I cheered loudly one time when we thought he was hurt.

    Of course I was then labled a peria by a few on here who basically did the same thing with Tahi.
    I would say it's pretty much the same thing. Cheering when someone is injured and wanting them to be injured. You cheer for things you want. At least that is a typical response. For example when the Vikings score a TD, I cheer. When the opposition scores a TD, I don't. You can't fool me on the twists there my friend. Good try though. B)
    OK, so now you know what I am thinking. Go ahead. Tell me what I'm thinking now.

    Its absolutely ludicrous to think I would want even the Noodle to get hurt, but if he does, I bet I won't go looking for a bridge to jump off of like a few of you (You) did in a thread that made me laugh so hard.
    so cheering because you thought he was hurt means you didn't want him hurt? Kind of a conflicting sentence right there.
    I wasn't cheering that he was hurt. I was cheering that he wouldn't be playing anymore.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #107
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You (Marrdro) are in a different world ever since Favre came.
    Sadly.

    I really thought that one of the best seasons in Vikings history and easily the best QB play since the Vikings have moved into the dome would have brought Marrdro down to earth. I used to joke that Favre could win the Super Bowl singlehandedly while at the same time setting every SB passing, rushing and receiving record (yeah, he passes to himself Brad Johnson style), and Marrdro still wouldn't accept it. I realize now that it wasn't a joke...

    This has become a crusade at this point, and I don't think any level of success would put an end to it. I honestly think that he is so deep into it now that he is past the point of no return, and the best he can hope for is to keep on reaching for any and every shred of a mistake Favre makes and pray that he regresses this year so that he can be somewhat justified in his campaigns...
    The problem here is that I readily admit that I don't like the guy and never will. Even after saying that, I can and have had legitimate discussions with respect to his play from both a good and a bad perspective.

    Not sure how that is any different that some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ?

    On a side note, I do find it funny that you guys used to hack on the Noodle for the same stuff I still do, when he was a PUKER, but now seem to want to over look it.
    Because he's a Viking. How hard is that to understand? We support our players as long as they play well. If they are struggling, thats when we get hard on these guys.
    No, for the most part, if a player makes a mistake it is hacked on.

    Again, I do it for all players, not just the Noodle. Unless someone shows me something from Webby that says we are to leave our starting QB out of those discussions, I will continue to point out issues as discussion points for him right along with the rest of the players.
    You can't honestly believe you treat Favre equally to other players as far as 'pointing out issues as discussion points' is concerned. When you don't like a guy, you seem to go out of your way to find something to 'point out', Favre, Longwell, Winfield, etc.
    We loved to take shots at Favre as a Packer, because he was a Packer. Because it annoyed the hell out of cheeseheads. As a Jet, I didn't care really, and as a Viking I support him 100%, as I have for every new player until he gives me a reason not to.
    Hmmmmmm, I can't wait to read your end of game rants this year.
    If Favre singlehandedly costs us a game, then you can bet I'll be pissed, and won't be sugarcoating it. Reason I let the NFCC go, is for a number of reasons, which I've covered numerous times. Other than that, he's done far more to help this team than hurt it.
    Again, I readily admit that I go out of my way to hack on the Noodle.

    How is that different than a few on here who go out of thier way to hack on a player like Tahi, Cook, TJ, Greenway, Shanc or even Griff for that matter?

    All of them have PPO'rs who feel about them the way I feel about the Noodle?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #108
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."

    Favre or Jackson, Shiancoe says Vikings' offense is the same
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

    Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Come on marrdro... this is a bad post, even by your standards. First of all, what does shank know? NOTHING. He doesn't converse with the coaches or sit in any game plan meetings, or any meetings for that matter.

    And I hope the APPROACH doesn't change, because if Tartardius doesn't have our entire play book memorized by know after 4 or 5 years of however long its been (feels like forever), and if he can't run all the plays in there at least decently, he shouldn't be on this team.

    Shiancoe never said anything about how we will produce with the offense, just that the approach will stay the same, which I assume is, to score TDs. Doesn't mean we will.

    I honestly don't know what this proves. That after 5 years in a system a person should be able to run it? BFD.

    The difference between us is that even if I don't like a player (Jackson), as long as he is still on the Vikings I will want him to succeed. Your blind hatred for Favre is getting ridiculous, especially if this post is an indication of where your logic is at now.
    Even by my standards? Are you trying to say all my posts are crap?

    You cut me to the quick my friend.

    First of all, what does shank know? NOTHING. He doesn't converse with the coaches or sit in any game plan meetings, or any meetings for that matter.
    So let me get this straight. Shanc just straps it on each and every week and goes out and plays in the blind?

    He never once goes over player tendancies and what play calls will expose those tendancies? He never sits in on meetings with the OL coaches and goes over blocking schemes? He never sits in on TE meetings?

    WOW. No wonder my standards aren't up to snuff.

    By the way, show me one place were I ever said I don't want the Noodle to succeed as our QB.
    Without going back and searching I can 100% say you implied that you wouldn't mind him getting hurt. Somewhat of the same nature. I can almost honestly say you even wanted him to fail but again I won't go back and search. Just now I'm onto you my friend B)
    Nope, I never said I wanted him hurt. I said that Wildman and I cheered loudly one time when we thought he was hurt.

    Of course I was then labled a peria by a few on here who basically did the same thing with Tahi.
    I would say it's pretty much the same thing. Cheering when someone is injured and wanting them to be injured. You cheer for things you want. At least that is a typical response. For example when the Vikings score a TD, I cheer. When the opposition scores a TD, I don't. You can't fool me on the twists there my friend. Good try though. B)
    OK, so now you know what I am thinking. Go ahead. Tell me what I'm thinking now.

    Its absolutely ludicrous to think I would want even the Noodle to get hurt, but if he does, I bet I won't go looking for a bridge to jump off of like a few of you (You) did in a thread that made me laugh so hard.
    so cheering because you thought he was hurt means you didn't want him hurt? Kind of a conflicting sentence right there.
    I wasn't cheering that he was hurt. I was cheering that he wouldn't be playing anymore.
    oh, well in that case, perfectly fine....(eye rolling smiley)

  9. #109
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You (Marrdro) are in a different world ever since Favre came.
    Sadly.

    I really thought that one of the best seasons in Vikings history and easily the best QB play since the Vikings have moved into the dome would have brought Marrdro down to earth. I used to joke that Favre could win the Super Bowl singlehandedly while at the same time setting every SB passing, rushing and receiving record (yeah, he passes to himself Brad Johnson style), and Marrdro still wouldn't accept it. I realize now that it wasn't a joke...

    This has become a crusade at this point, and I don't think any level of success would put an end to it. I honestly think that he is so deep into it now that he is past the point of no return, and the best he can hope for is to keep on reaching for any and every shred of a mistake Favre makes and pray that he regresses this year so that he can be somewhat justified in his campaigns...
    The problem here is that I readily admit that I don't like the guy and never will. Even after saying that, I can and have had legitimate discussions with respect to his play from both a good and a bad perspective.

    Not sure how that is any different that some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ?

    On a side note, I do find it funny that you guys used to hack on the Noodle for the same stuff I still do, when he was a PUKER, but now seem to want to over look it.
    Because he's a Viking. How hard is that to understand? We support our players as long as they play well. If they are struggling, thats when we get hard on these guys.
    No, for the most part, if a player makes a mistake it is hacked on.

    Again, I do it for all players, not just the Noodle. Unless someone shows me something from Webby that says we are to leave our starting QB out of those discussions, I will continue to point out issues as discussion points for him right along with the rest of the players.
    You can't honestly believe you treat Favre equally to other players as far as 'pointing out issues as discussion points' is concerned. When you don't like a guy, you seem to go out of your way to find something to 'point out', Favre, Longwell, Winfield, etc.
    We loved to take shots at Favre as a Packer, because he was a Packer. Because it annoyed the hell out of cheeseheads. As a Jet, I didn't care really, and as a Viking I support him 100%, as I have for every new player until he gives me a reason not to.
    Hmmmmmm, I can't wait to read your end of game rants this year.
    If Favre singlehandedly costs us a game, then you can bet I'll be pissed, and won't be sugarcoating it. Reason I let the NFCC go, is for a number of reasons, which I've covered numerous times. Other than that, he's done far more to help this team than hurt it.
    Again, I readily admit that I go out of my way to hack on the Noodle.

    How is that different than a few on here who go out of thier way to hack on a player like Tahi, Cook, TJ, Greenway, Shanc or even Griff for that matter?

    All of them have PPO'rs who feel about them the way I feel about the Noodle?
    Tahi - Criticism is certainly deserved. He is not an asset to the team, and seems to miss his assignment more often than not.

    Cook - A liability as a starter, but decent backup. His play certainly was not free of faults, leading to much criticism

    TJ - at the most important position, he's shown incredible skill, for minutes at a time. Other than that, incredible inconsistency.

    Greenway - I have no quaffs with Greenway. Has his faults, but is a solid starter

    Shank/Griff - I don't think anyone ahs a problem with these guys anymore. Struggled at first, but figured it out.

    Favre - Future HOF player, who led the team to the NFCC. With him, we're superbowl contenders, without? Playoffs at best. For every bad play you point out, there are countless great ones from alst eyar.

    You really think those are comparable cases?

  10. #110
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    You (Marrdro) are in a different world ever since Favre came.
    Sadly.

    I really thought that one of the best seasons in Vikings history and easily the best QB play since the Vikings have moved into the dome would have brought Marrdro down to earth. I used to joke that Favre could win the Super Bowl singlehandedly while at the same time setting every SB passing, rushing and receiving record (yeah, he passes to himself Brad Johnson style), and Marrdro still wouldn't accept it. I realize now that it wasn't a joke...

    This has become a crusade at this point, and I don't think any level of success would put an end to it. I honestly think that he is so deep into it now that he is past the point of no return, and the best he can hope for is to keep on reaching for any and every shred of a mistake Favre makes and pray that he regresses this year so that he can be somewhat justified in his campaigns...
    The problem here is that I readily admit that I don't like the guy and never will. Even after saying that, I can and have had legitimate discussions with respect to his play from both a good and a bad perspective.

    Not sure how that is any different that some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ?

    On a side note, I do find it funny that you guys used to hack on the Noodle for the same stuff I still do, when he was a PUKER, but now seem to want to over look it.
    Your "legitimate" discussions about Favre have been few and far between. That is the problem. You minimize the good to just a sidenote to justify the inevitable negative comments you will make, and drastically overemphasize the bad to the point that it is ridiculous.

    The reason it is different than some of the discussions we have about players like Tahi or TJ are because players like Tahi and TJ are not even close to being on the same level as Favre. Tahi and TJ both have a lot more "legitimate" areas that they can improve in, and ongoing debate about their value or future potential is somewhat justified.

    Now, you are of course allowed to dislike Favre, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions about a players, but it has become painfully obvious that your opinion of Favre is not at all rooted in reality, but rather in the constructs of your imagination where somehow, somehow Favre wasn't largely responsible for the success we had last year. And everyone sees it but you...

    When you start participating in legitimate discussions about Favre, I will welcome my old friend back to the site (you know, the one who had a decent football mind grounded in reality), and I'll stop laying into whoever the hell has been using your account for the past year...
    What do I point out that isn't a reality? Truth of the matter is, the only things that I have missed the mark on is a few things that were pointed out by analysts on NFLN and players that played with the Noodle.

    Truth or my imagination?

    Just a reminder....

    a. I was convinced by Brian Baldinger that the Noodle has accuracy issues with his deep throws. Even though he had success in that area last year, I am still not convinced that alot of that success was because some of the recievers came back to balls and/or took balls away from defenders. To make that point I have in fact given some examples.

    b. I agreed with the Jets players and PUKER players who said that he doesn't like to teach players. Much to my suprise (and even delight) he proved me wrong on that with this team.

    c. I thought he was gonna throw alot of INT's. Again, much to my suprise he didn't. I have even said that I think he can do that again this year, if, big IF, he doesn't try to force things this year but rather plays within the scheme.

    Are my points based on legitimate concerns or are they, as you contend, something I've dreamed up in my feable brain?

    Again, I want nothing but the best for this team. The Noodle is by far the best QB for that right now. It doesn't mean that I would jump off a bridge if he didn't return this year. Unlike alot of you, the other thing I've repeatedly tried to point out on this is.......

    a. We have a damn good team that can/will win regardless of who is under center.

    Again, my imagination or reality?

    On a side note, you are always welcome on my bandwagon my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shiancoe: Westbrook could help Vikings
    By vikinggreg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 05:55 AM
  2. Vikings rely on Shiancoe
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 06:51 AM
  3. Shiancoe delivers for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 07:15 AM
  5. 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •