Page 1 of 22 123 11 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

"Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."

Favre or Jackson, Shiancoe says Vikings' offense is the same
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Noodle or TJ Shiancoe says Vikings offense is same

Marrdro wrote:
    "Nothing will change in our offensive approach if it's Tarvaris," Shiancoe told Sporting News. "He has done a lot of growing up over the past year, getting more comfortable while learning, watching. Having Favre ahead of him was a blessing in that sense. His development has been overshadowed because he's now doing it behind the scenes. If it turns out he'll need to 're-debut,' he'll be ready."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments like that will get the Noodle going. Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.

Even the Noodle knows that this team can win with or without him. He also knows that if TJ gets the chance, everyone else will know as well and he will then get lumped into the catagory of a QB getting carried by a team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yup...in Jackson's 5 seasons here we've NEVER had people on the staff or on the team come out and tell us how ready Jackson was to perform, and how much progress he'd made. This is a real first...

Reread the quote, Marr. Shiancoe said "Nothing will change in our offensive approach..." That means they'll run the same types of plays...it doesn't mean that they'll be as successful. It doesn't mean that the plays will work as well.

The rest is the typical drivel that players toss to the media this time of the year. AS I mentioned above, how many times have we heard this same crap about Jackson? How many years in a row?

Fact is, Shiancoe can't very well come out and say, "Damn...if Favre stays home? We be screwed!!! That cat Jackson? Kid ain't worth a pot full of piss...and after 5 years!!! I think that kid is seriously retarded!!" He HAS to say crap like the above - they ALL do.

And every year someone throws it up on these boards and tries to validate their love for Jackson with locker room quotes. And every year Jackson either sucks or gets benched.

So which will it be this year?

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yup...in Jackson's 5 seasons here we've NEVER had people on the staff or on the team come out and tell us how ready Jackson was to perform, and how much progress he'd made. This is a real first...

Reread the quote, Marr. Shiancoe said "Nothing will change in our offensive approach..." That means they'll run the same types of plays...it doesn't mean that they'll be as successful. It doesn't mean that the plays will work as well.

The rest is the typical drivel that players toss to the media this time of the year. AS I mentioned above, how many times have we heard this same crap about Jackson? How many years in a row?

Fact is, Shiancoe can't very well come out and say, "Damn...if Favre stays home? We be screwed!!! That cat Jackson? Kid ain't worth a pot full of piss...and after 5 years!!! I think that kid is seriously retarded!!" He HAS to say crap like the above - they ALL do.

And every year someone throws it up on these boards and tries to validate their love for Jackson with locker room quotes. And every year Jackson either sucks or gets benched.

Caine
    I love how you highligted the word approach. It could almost be changed with "Game Plan".

Quick question, .....Do you think they changed the "Approach" to the offense last year with the Noodle?

For me, I think the answer is yes. If in fact they did open the playbook up (Approach), then basically Shanc is saying they won't change back (closing the playbook) if TJ starts.

Yes, we have repeatedly seen people on this staff and players from this team, back ole TJ. Its what I like about this team.

As you know, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year won't be the same. Heck I have beers riding on it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    is it possible for you to read an article taht references the Vikings and not spin it wildly out of control into a massive anti-Favre rant?

He's saying nothing will change as far as our approach, that TJ has matured.

He's not saying TJ will do as well, nor is he saying he won't.

I also thought that players weren't involved with gameplanning and playcalling? At least thats waht you tell me. How would Shank know what they will or won't do?

Blog Entries

For me, I think the answer is yes. If in fact they did open the playbook up (Approach), then basically Shanc is saying they won't change back (closing the playbook) if TJ starts.
    And I'd agree. Or at elast I hope they wouldn't change it. We saw how well the offense went with Favre. Why not at least give TJ a full arsenal? Why limit him? If we handcuff him, then we don't know. Give him shots, if he fails, then go back to waht we did before. If he succeeds, then by all means keep going.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Anyone remember the game, you know, the one were the Noodle was sucking and the Chiller wanted to stick TJ in there.
    I recall Childress wanting to pull Favre to keep him from getting killed. The O-line wasn't blocking anyone and Favre was taking a pounding.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Gee,I wonder why you left this part out?

"It may be true that the offensive approach won't change if it's Jackson starting at quarterback for the Vikings, but the offensive output surely will change if the Vikings go from Favre (whose passer rating was 107.2 last season) to Jackson (whose career passer rating is 77.9)."
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Blog Entries

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Gee,I wonder why you left this part out?

"It may be true that the offensive approach won't change if it's Jackson starting at quarterback for the Vikings, but the offensive output surely will change if the Vikings go from Favre (whose passer rating was 107.2 last season) to Jackson (whose career passer rating is 77.9)."
    talk about selective quoting.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    What are you proving here? Of course the offense will run the same. It is the same damn HC. Duh.

Shank said nothing about winning or losing. That was your little twist, stretch, and pull.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Caine
    I love how you highligted the word approach. It could almost be changed with "Game Plan".

Quick question, .....Do you think they changed the "Approach" to the offense last year with the Noodle?

Yes, we have repeatedly seen people on this staff and players from this team, back ole TJ. Its what I like about this team.

As you know, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year won't be the same. Heck I have beers riding on it.
    Yes cause Shank is in pre-plan meetings. LOL aren't you the one who says Favre has nothing to do with the game plans. LMFAO! Which one is it Marrdro? Shank does not know jack shit along with a yutz with a keyboard. We could ask Chilly though but even then you won't get a straight answer. Probably just dress in drag and hit on C Mac.

Page 1 of 22 123 11 ... LastLast