Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    welcome to the site and enjoy your first game

  2. #22
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Have a fun and safe trip.
    Make sure to hook up with the pp.o crowd, family away from home.
    What's your excuse for not coming? You don't work anymore

  3. #23
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    Get drunk so you still enjoy the game because it could get ugly in there!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #24
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    Welcome to PPO and enjoy the game. Lucky guy, wish I could be there. Don't forget to come back and share your thoughts afterwards!

  5. #25
    B20Sandman is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    Thanks again for all the kind words guys - were off this morning!
    It's going to be a long trip, but it'll be well worth it.
    Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you before the game.
    Go Vikes!!

  6. #26
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    "B20Sandman" wrote:
    Thanks again for all the kind words guys - were off this morning!
    It's going to be a long trip, but it'll be well worth it.
    Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you before the game.
    Go Vikes!!
    Here are my two cents worth....

    If you are buying/drinking alcohol, make sure you purchase it on Saturday at the latest.
    You won't be able to purchase carry-out alcohol in Minneapolis on Sunday.

    Depending on where you are staying hotel-wise, the Light Rail is a great way to get back and forth into and around downtown.
    You can usually find a cheap room out near the Mall of America and then just take the light rail between the MOA/Airport and downtown...drops you right off near the dome if you like.
    A tip from the first home game...as I was getting ready to leave after the game, bought my light rail ticket but the line to get on the train was incredibly long.
    There were a ton of Metro buses that were going to Fort Snelling.
    A policeman advised riding the bus to Fort Snelling and then catching the train from there.
    I did so and it worked out beautifully.
    I got back to the airport much faster than if I'd just waited for my turn to board the train.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  7. #27
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    "purplepat" wrote:
    "B20Sandman" wrote:
    Thanks again for all the kind words guys - were off this morning!
    It's going to be a long trip, but it'll be well worth it.
    Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you before the game.
    Go Vikes!!
    Here are my two cents worth....

    If you are buying/drinking alcohol, make sure you purchase it on Saturday at the latest.
    You won't be able to purchase carry-out alcohol in Minneapolis on Sunday.

    Depending on where you are staying hotel-wise, the Light Rail is a great way to get back and forth into and around downtown.
    You can usually find a cheap room out near the Mall of America and then just take the light rail between the MOA/Airport and downtown...drops you right off near the dome if you like.
    A tip from the first home game...as I was getting ready to leave after the game, bought my light rail ticket but the line to get on the train was incredibly long.
    There were a ton of Metro buses that were going to Fort Snelling.
    A policeman advised riding the bus to Fort Snelling and then catching the train from there.
    I did so and it worked out beautifully.
    I got back to the airport much faster than if I'd just waited for my turn to board the train.
    "Speaking words of wisdom...let it be, let it be..."

    See you on Sunday, Pat!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    Welcome my newest purple friend.

    Post well and often.

    Additionally, I highly encourage you to attend the tailgate.
    I did for the Atlanta game and everyone was great.

    The Jello shooters are great, Everyone will keep handing you beers and Ziggy might even show up.
    ;D

    I would also like to add that you should bring extra batteries for your camera and don't forget them in the hotel like it did.
    (Thanks Singer).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Welcome my newest purple friend.

    Post well and often.

    Additionally, I highly encourage you to attend the tailgate.
    I did for the Atlanta game and everyone was great.

    The Jello shooters are great, Everyone will keep handing you beers and Ziggy might even show up.

    ;D

    I would also like to add that you should bring extra batteries for your camera and don't forget them in the hotel like it did.
    (Thanks Singer).
    Too bad that you and WW can't be there again...but we all know that you both will be there in spirit!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Noob to PP.O Going to 1st ever Vikes Game on Sunday - Suggestions?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Welcome my newest purple friend.

    Post well and often.

    Additionally, I highly encourage you to attend the tailgate.
    I did for the Atlanta game and everyone was great.

    The Jello shooters are great, Everyone will keep handing you beers and Ziggy might even show up.

    ;D

    I would also like to add that you should bring extra batteries for your camera and don't forget them in the hotel like it did.
    (Thanks Singer).
    Too bad that you and WW can't be there again...but we all know that you both will be there in spirit!
    I will be in the depths of the building making sure the comms are up and that the troops are being trained.
    Big exercise starts Monday.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikes/Redskins game shifted to Sunday Night
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
  2. SUnday NFL Countdown - Vikes
    By ChezPizmo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 06:09 PM
  3. game sunday
    By giantsfan1093 in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:10 AM
  4. Da Bears to start New O-Center this Sunday VS Vikes....
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 07:32 PM
  5. Birthday Suggestions! (Vikes Jersey) Poll
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 01:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •