Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: NodakPaul's Vikings-Colts analysis and breakdown

If the Vikings play with the same sense of non-urgency they showed at Lambeau, I would guess the score will be Colts 48, Vikings 3.

Go Vikings!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    If the Vikings play with the same sense of non-urgency they showed at Lambeau, I would guess the score will be Colts 48, Vikings 3.
    To me the defense showed no lack of urgency which is hard to fathom seeing as how hyped they were...maybe that was part of the problem.
    Still hard to believe though.

The offense looked like they were trying to make some plays out there...scored an early FG at least.

I'm hoping we see a completely different looking team on Sunday, although that may be dreaming.
    Regardless they should look at the very least fired up and not ready 0-2.
    Same can be said for the Colts...we need the Defense to step the hell up.
    Peyton.
    Peyton.
    Peyton.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

They said Saturday practiced yesterday on the NFL network.
    Maybe he's not out!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Colts-31
    Vikes- 24

tclawmen is offline Starter

The game should be relatively close in the 4th quarter. While looking into my crystal ball, I saw the vikings behind 24 - 17, there are less than 3 minutes to go in the game, the Vikes have the ball on the Colts 42 yard line and are pressing late in the game to score and send it into overtime when you guessed it....... Tjack throws and INT, the colts run it back for a game clinching TD and the final is 31-17 Indy. Dont blame me, blame my crystal ball.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"tclawmen" wrote:
    The game should be relatively close in the 4th quarter. While looking into my crystal ball, I saw the vikings behind 24 - 17, there are less than 3 minutes to go in the game, the Vikes have the ball on the Colts 42 yard line and are pressing late in the game to score and send it into overtime when you guessed it....... Tjack throws and INT, the colts run it back for a game clinching TD and the final is 31-17 Indy. Dont blame me, blame my crystal ball.

LOL

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

God, I hate to write this, but this game is going to really expose us. I am afraid of this game. Let's just call a spade a spade and someone has to say this:

- Peyton Manning vs. Tarvaris Jackson. Ughhhhhh !!!
    :P :P :P

Could this get any worse ? The best QB in the game against T-Jacks. The only way we win this is if:

a. We get a big lead on
    b. Somehow we stop their passing game

I just don't see it happening, even though we are at home, and traditionally, we have played better at home (to put it mildly).

Another thing: Freeney vs. our left tackle. Ouch.

This game shouts "mismatch".

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"StillPurple" wrote:
    God, I hate to write this, but this game is going to really expose us. I am afraid of this game. Let's just call a spade a spade and someone has to say this:

- Peyton Manning vs. Tarvaris Jackson. Ughhhhhh !!!
    :P :P :P

Could this get any worse ? The best QB in the game against T-Jacks. The only way we win this is if:

a. We get a big lead on
    b. Somehow we stop their passing game

I just don't see it happening, even though we are at home, and traditionally, we have played better at home (to put it mildly).

Another thing: Freeney vs. our left tackle. Ouch.

This game shouts "mismatch".
    Or we do what the Bears did.
    Run the ball effectively, have TJack manage the game, and get solid play from the D.
    Chicago showed a nice formula that matches our strengths well.

Chicago did it in Indy's house, we have home field advantage and AD.

Limiting Indy's passing game is obviously the biggest concern.
    You know Indy is going to come with many 3-5 receiver sets and slinging the pill like crazy.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I hope you are right and obviously, I hope we win.

But I also think that the Bears linebackers are better in coverage than ours are (espcially Briggs), and I liked the way the Bears mixed it up on offense.

Also, Orten is a short-drop, good mechanics (but not great) QB who gets the ball out fast and on target, with decent accuracy. Our QB is not that, and he doesn't do those things. Tarvaris breaks from the pocket and runs downfield. Gee, I wonder if he can outrun Colts safety Bob Sanders (!)
    : :P (I bet the Colts safeties are dreaming about this game).

Our front 4 is better than the Bears. But the Bears left tackle did a good job on Freeney. I think Freeney is going to be a major issue in this game.

They had a full day more than we did to rest and prep...

I don't want to end on a depressing note, so here it is:

- The Colts are playing without Center Jeff Saturday
    - Manning is coming off rust and an injury
    - Their offense is "complex" and has not meshed yet
    - We are at home
    - "Some people" (Jarred Allen) might be a bit pissed off, after last week

Whenever you have our defense + AP, you are never out of a game and I think we have a chance in this game.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think this is a tuff game but I'm glad its at Home Game. I think that the Bears were able to pressure the QB and stop the run pretty good so I think we can get the same thing done. I like our chances VS the Colts Oline at home with Allen and Edwards on the turf, but we must stay consistent as Peyton Manning will make you pay any chance he gets. Our best bet is to force him to throw on the run, even then Peyton can surprise you. I don't think the Colts will run on us period. Tuff Tuff match-up and I can't say I particularly liked the way that Winfield and Sharper played on Monday Night but I know they are very capable of playing sound games. Griffith by the way had a very stellar game versus the Packers.

Offensively I think we're gonna see a better Tarvaris in terms of the numbers and pass completion. We left plenty of points on the field Vs the Packers and I'm sure we're gunning to put more on the board. I'm exited to see Berrian on the turf in the dome as he looked fast Vs the Packers. Hopefully Hicks is healthy he had a decent game Monday but Johnson was getting shoved around pretty good, I hate to see him matched up with Freeny. Feeny and Mathis are the biggest concerns but after that I think we can win the line of scrimage, especailly in the run game. I would like to see more Play Action this week and try getting something deep that way. Audre Allison would be nice, Wade is a great Run Blocker but he'll never get seperation the way Allison can.

Overall I think we can win the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball which will give us an exellent chance to win but it don't mean anything unless we can stay consistent and avoid self destruction. Guys like Kluwe who kicked the return back short and low need to step up, if thats a good kick I like our coverage chances. Regarldess of the hype about loosing Farwell I like what our coverage can do when we're kicking like it should be. Longwell's Kick Offs were god awful outside in Lambo and I hate to see the opposing teams starting in great field position every time. In the end its gonna be about doing the little things right and staying consistent, I certainly think we need to score more points and turn FG's into TD's. If that can be done we will have a real solid chance.

Hopefully the crowd can get into it, some of last years games were horrible but understandable. It will be tuff game we can use all the noise on Defense we can get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast